Definitely not my favorite genre at all...

Definitely not my favorite genre at all, but i just watched this a couple of days ago and i thought it was actually really good. Had no Idea Jim Carrey was capable of this. Thoughts?

Overrated piece of shit

It's a classic

this

Back when a woman having colorful hair only meant she was a manic pixie dream girl, and not a mentally ill SJW

She kind of is one though, just without the tumblr cause. But you can clearly see the mindset and behaviour is there

thought it was pretty good. gets a bad rep here though

You shouldn't be surprised that a comedic actor can pull off a dramatic role. Comedic actors are generally the most talented, with the widest range of emotions, and the greatest ability to leave impressions on people.

Look in every genre of every type of movie, and the actor with a comedic history generally has one of the best performances of all time in that genre/type. Like Jackie Chan for martial Arts movies, or Jim Carrie for thoughtful indie films.

ikr

Kaufman is a god amongst men op,
If you want something a little deeper and darker go with Synecdoche

>people unironically like this

You guys realize you're feeding the sjws right, like I get it believe me but by hating them so much you are only giving them power

it's actually kind of ironic

you obviously have bad taste

manic is an DSM recognized symptom mental illness

mania is fun though. Depression is not.

The term 'manic' used in that context just refers to a demeanor / state of mind, not a clinical diagnosis of mental illness. Ie not all mania is a DSM mental illness, which would be chronic mania or manic depression that causes harm / interferes with life.

Sort of like how you can say "I'm feeling depressed today because I broke up with my girlfriend". That's different than a clinical diagnosis of depression.

Signed,
Jeff Foxberry

>had no Idea Jim Carrey was capable of this.

Right? till the moment i saw this i thought of him as The Mask or Ace Ventura... but this, the magestic and Truman show proved me wrong.

Number 23 confused me but i like it more every time i watch it.

Also if you like this kind of surprises you should watch stranger than fiction and Interstellar (or True detective season one. Same effect in regards to Mcconaughey)

It just shows that we just can't judge their acting on their silly roles... they may be able to surprise us... (except for Adam Sandler ja)

Se mi lasci ti cancello

>He hasn't seen Punch Drunk Love

Even Funny People was a subdued Sandler and Reign O'er Me was a little much but still showed he has range. Spanglish is another good example. And it gets meme'd a lot but Click has some good emotional moments.

She calls Joel a "faggot"

Go watch Punch Drunk Love right now. That nigga can act when he feels like it.

Shit, he was the best part of Men Women and Children

McConaissence happened, he's not a shit actor since fucking Killer Joe or Lincoln Lawyer

Watch the rest of Kaufmans films.

Really good film, yeah.
Winslet was hot as fuck in it.
As always...

The movie should have ended with the "meet me in Montauk" scene. The entire final act with them realizing that they had their memories wiped was pushing it. I also would have preferred if they left it up to the viewer to realize the significance of the opening scene, instead of making it so blatant at the end.

Other than that this is probably one of my favorite films of all time

Sure is reddit in here

all...the...time
although not verbally that is what she hates about him and he hates how she's a fucking whore

I swear if its not wearing a cape or a star war you people don't get it, I never want to hear someone so stupid talk shit about reddit it's not the website it's you

ITT: Plebs who don't get it and want to be anti sjw

speaking of pta how about this dude's performance in mags

say what you will about scientology the nigga can act

anomolisa kinda sucked dick

I swear I love kaufman

Wrong

Reign Over Me, man.

>tfw you are Joel

Adaptation a best

I've yet to see Syn. New York however

Kaufman is a genius, Gondry knows his shit. It's a great movie.

Go watch it user, it's amazing.

Synecdoche ≥ Adaptation > ESOSM > Anomalisa = BJM.

Will do tomorrow night probably, you've spurned me on to do so

had that and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford in the backlog for some time

haven't seen it in a while. Carrreeeeey