Brazilian politics

fellow Brazil-bros, I've read in a german newspaper that your former president Lula, despite being charged 5 times for corruption is winning every poll for our next president election. Seriously why and how? Also what are his chances of really becoming president of Brazil again?

There's no way in telling now. Too early.

when is the next election?

Why do you care?

And go ask Sup Forums or /luso/ if you're interested, this isn't a board for monkey business.

because it is interesting? Also why are you so rude?

Tomorrow at noon

very high
they have no other "known figure", also brazilians revere him even though he ruined their country

Rudeness is the essence of Sup Forums. Don't take it to heart.

>I've read in a German newspaper
Aren't you guys also Germanic Austria-san?

Nobody gives a shit. Does that affect your country somehow? No, because it's irrelevant.

This is my biggest concern. I hope this isn't the case.

october 2018

>it's that monkey proxy again trying to make his "country" seem relevant

Same thread every day under a different flag.

He appeals to niggers, northerners and commies from the extreme South. People think he was the one responsible for the growth during his government and don't realize it was his policies that JUST the country.

TL;DR people are fucking dumb

Tell me about the BR. Why does he hide behind the proxies?

and? How does any of the shit here in Sup Forums affect the world? I am here because I want to learn about the world, and if nobody gave a shit this thread would be at page 10 already

Cult of personality. The people who support Lula simply don't believe that he actually did those things he's charged with, and the the right-wing members of government are just out to get their GRORIOUS READER who can do and never did any wrong because he's like them, a very poor laborer who fought for the rights of his fellow proletarians, then gathered united the people behind him to BTFO the elite.

but even so. People here in Austria would literally disregard any candidate with the slight intention of corruption, not mattering the appeal of the candidate

Because Brazilians are subhuman monkeys with low IQ.

/thread

interdasting. was he loved by the general population when he was in power?

We have politicians literally serving their term in jail

It's just one autist that constantly spams self-hatred, just ignore senpai.

Ele cria esses fios pra chamar a atenção e fazer o Brasil parecer importante.

well Hitler had no flaws, corruption and was elected, and you know the rest

uh how?

Lula is the BR version of Exodia.
simple as that

kek why are people so triggered by my thread?

Yes because we were in the middle of the commodities boom during his term, he's also very charismatic.

Sadly people don't realize that his and his successor's economic policies and corruption fucked us up pretty hard.

The rest are as corrupt as him

>monkey proxy talking to himself

Para de ser retardado, filho da puta, o fio é perfeitamente válido. Imbecil.

Don't listen to him.

I'll try to clarify some things. While he was in power, economy was growing at a comfy rate and we were doing good, even at the 2008 shitstorm (his policy was bad though, but since the economy was doing good, then no worries).

Dilma (same party) took the presidency in 2010 because Lula told Brazilians to do so and the party had a good reputation then.
The woman is very, very, very, very incompetent.

I mean, SERIOUSLY incompetent. The crisis we should have in 2008 just exploded in her mandate and she was impeached. I believe it was a coup, but the woman is so retarded I couldn't care less.

-----

Now, why are the polls showing this? Well, people probably remember the """""good'ol times""""" with Lula and thinks that he has no relation with the shitstorm we're passing through, people think the woman is the only one to blame.

So in the end is nostalgia kicking in?

sage & report

Lula was the great leader of the brazilian labor's party, and for many years he was the hope of better days. He and PT were the dream of equality and prosperity for all the common people.
Unfortunately he and his party became a political machine as all the others big parties, being involved in a lot of corruption and shit.

His history in brazilian politics united with his great mandate makes him a man with a huge approvation yet. Despite all the shit they are involved.

Well, nostalgia is a strong word, it's not like we lived in paradise or something. The only difference from today is that economy was doing better and we had better job opportunities, but nothing absurd.

Also the man is charismatic AF, this helps a lot.

>t. hue with an austrian proxy

when international media praises a shithead, this external perception fuels the nostalgia. same with chavez, he is regarded as someone who did some things good, when in reality he just screwed up, but people elected maduro and chavez twice each, even after all that

>só os macacos e o macaco proxy postando no fio

thanks guys, things are more clear now

During his rule, the economy was extremely heated up due to China's hunger for Brazilian commodities, this resulted in lots of jobs and if a Brazilian has a job to buy beer and meat to make barbecue on the weekends he is happy and living the Brazilian dream. Getting a job was easy back then, so people think that if he comes back, getting jobs will be easy again.