What would the world be like if the Confederacy had won?

What would the world be like if the Confederacy had won?

it would be the same as it is today

The US would as a country be third world banana republic tier.

CSA would be Brazil-tier, so basically a third world shithole.
Either that or South African apartheid to the extreme.

The Union would be largely the same as now, albeit less influential without 40% of it. The Confederacy would be Belize or South Africa-tier.

USA would still be strong nation. Wouldn't be surprised if both the USA and CSA end up uniting again 100 years after the war.

That or CSA would forcibly send all the slaves back.

creationism would be the only allowed ""science""

This, also CSA would have conquered central america but then lose it

It'd collapse either economically or politically and be reabsorbed into the USA within at most 20 years.

Exactly the same.

Would probably have collapsed and re-integrated within a few decades desu

If it lasts until 1914:

CSA sides with Bong and Frogs

USA sides with the Central Powers

Not sure who'd win. No telling what kind of economic reform the CSA may have gone through in a 50-year period with friendly euro states backing them as a hedge against growing USA influence.

Confederacy and Brits along with Canada would be the best of friends and the North would only be able to sell their shit elsewhere while drinking Flint's water, if they could get through the anglo-confederate blockades...

This bigtime

Turtledove was a moron when he made the CSA enemies of the UK and France in his stupid meme book. Once you get to 1862 there's no way they could've won on their own without outside help.

It takes a competent government to run apartheid. You're over estimating southerners if you think they're capable of that.

>CSA sides with Bong and Frogs
I highly doubt it, they were very much seen as savages

No they weren't lol. Your modern perception of the southern hick wasn't their cultural export at the time.

CSA almost got Britain to fully support and back them during the war itself

>I highly doubt it, they were very much seen as savages

This is all under the assumption that British, French, or both naval elements broke open the blockade around the Caribbean.

Empires don't do that shit for free.

The Southern US turns into the DRC or Brazil.

God the confederate flag just looks so cool.

I wish the slave trade had 100% never happened
Some of my favorite people are black but I'm over this forced white guilt shit

Blame the Dutch.

Also blame Africans for selling their neighbors to the slavers in the first place.

Yeah you were just FORCED to buy those dang slaves right. Literally had a gun to your head and everything.

Bruh we weren't Americans then

We were good little British (and Spanish, and Dutch, and German) colonials who follow the economic traditions set forth by our forefathers.

Somebody's gotta pick all that cotton.

I reckon slavery would've at least started being de-institutionalized within a decade or so. Especially if the CSA owed the UK any big favors like helping them win their independence.