/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Keeper of Traken edition

What does /who/ think of the introduction of Nyssa and reintroduction of the Master?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

eruditorumpress.com/blog/breaking-news/
nerdist.com/doctor-whos-peter-capaldi-says-clara-might-be-back/
radiofreeskaro.com/2016/06/08/rachel-talalay-joins-radio-free-skaro-for-two-part-directors-commentary/
wikihow.com/Act-Like-the-Doctor-of-Doctor-Who
youtube.com/watch?v=3tfEBtlQkNU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like candy! Up the arse!

I like pretty much all of season 18. It was good to see proper Dr Who again after years of The Tom Baker Comedy Half-Hour.

This guy gets it!

Not really. Twas a jest.

Don't forget to forget me

I always thought they were pronounced Trayken and Traymas but it turns out they're Trahken and Treemas.

Cool ideas but the plot is pretty boring.

>Not Gareth Roberts for showrunner edition.

Are you all bloody stupid? It's what the fans want!

>Asshole makes the thread about him and not the subject
>probably an American egotistical cunt and/or millenial

That was weird

ruuuuuuuuussty, ruuuuuuuuussty

why does the tardis smell so musty?

ruuuuuuuuussty, ruuuuuuuuussty

why is the slitheen costume crusty?

Do a Gareth one.

My love for Gareth Roberts is so great,
my heart melts for him 'til the dusk of day.
The night Tweets when him's away,
Writes, drinks 'til day's dawn.

Him beauty is great,
Wondering mind 'til him sees,
immigrating is all I do,
While waiting for the moment, for him to say "I do."

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>knowing and caring about "image-board culture"

Both of you phuck off.

>10th showing no signs of pain or discomfort in DoTD
That's bullshit desu

pain or discomfort from what?

>image-board culture

DoTD happens after 10th feels the pleasure of being filled with hot sticky radiation from EoT

No it doesn't you absolute dumb cunt. Shut up and go sit in the fucking corner you utter spacker. It happens before he turns up to greet the Ood at the start of TEoT. Hence why he tells the Ood he's been canoodling with Elizabeth I. Get out.

Woah calm down user.

>EoT 10 in DoTD

You can't be this retarded. At least post something logical like in between VotD and PiC.

Not until you
P H U C K
H
U
C
K O F F

Go to bed, Ian. We don't want you having another stroke.

I'LL GO TO BED WHEN I PHUCKING CHOOSE TO, YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME.

Also it has to be IMMEDIATELY pre-End of Time for the Moff pottery to work - in pic related, each Doctor goes to his death (War then and there, Ten in EoT, Eleven on Trenzalore)

Why can the TARDIS change its appearance to look like a different police box but not to look like something other than a police box?

Never noticed that before; Bravo Moffat

The Doctor has managed to get the chameleon circui to work before; maybe he just likes it as a police box but likes to touch it up every now and then

The easy answer is, of course, because it's a TV show and the TARDIS is a prop. But in-universe, you're thinking too literally, in my opinion. TARDISes are strange semi-sentient entities. When there's a fault like the chameleon circuit being broken there's no reason it has to be so straight-forward. It doesn't necessarily mean it has to look exactly the same all the time and can't change. It could just mean that it's stuck on the concept of "police box" and will only work within that definition. And all those designs, although different, are obviously still poice boxes.

>each Doctor goes to his death
>death

Too pedantic, Pooh. It's actually a pretty cool observation. I never noticed before.

Also, since the Doctor's incarnation and the TARDIS are linked (as seen in The Tenth Planet, where One needs the TARDIS in order to regenate), it's possible the ship changes to match the Doctor's current body.

I wish that was something they alluded to more. Off of the top of my head I can only think of The Christmas Invasion, where the TARDIS' translations weren't working because the Doctor was unconscious and they concluded he was part of the "circuit".

I like how the Sky Pirates exploited that for maximum creepiness, by pointing out that TARDIS translation meant that the Doctor must be, to some degree, interfering with the companions' minds.

Dead Romance takes it even further:

>'He called himself the Evil Renegade. With a capital E and everything. Like he wanted everyone to know he was this...‘
>'Mad scientist,' I suggested.
>'Yeah. He used to go around the universe kidnapping people. He‘d take them on board his timeship, and he‘d... do things with them. Play with their heads. Make them think they were having exciting adventures.'

Yeah, but Dead Romance hints that is all a fiction from the Time Lords.

The Doctor in "Sky Pirates" is still a good hero. But he's also a Lovecraftian monster. It's the paradox, and the plausibility of it, that makes it creepy.

Is Dead Romance written in first person?

Yes.

Interesting. I've never read Miles' doing first-person, and I think I've only read one first-person DW novel in general.

It's a good book. Even though the story barely features the Doctor, it's definitely a story set in the Whonisverse, which shows the side of the Time Lords that we don't get in normal Who--that Time Lords are horrific creatures that see humans as bugs. To say anymore would be big spoilers.

You're just mad that the Doctor isn't part of your "Pooh's adventures".

Yeah, I'm definitely going to read all of Miles' books eventually and every other Doctor Who book

Time and Relative is another (very good) first person view story.

Ghost Ship is a first person novel from the point of view of...the Fourth Doctor. It's as barmy as it sounds.

And Eye of Heaven is a book from Leela's 1st person perspective. It's, from what I've heard, great.

What Miles books have you read so far?

If you need any pdfs, just let me know.

>Time and Relative is another (very good) first person view story.
Yeah that's the only one I've read so far. It was good.

>Ghost Ship is a first person novel from the point of view of...the Fourth Doctor. It's as barmy as it sounds.
I remember this too. An old trip was reading it once, before the terrible people here chased her off.

>What Miles books have you read so far?
Alien Bodies, Interference, Down, and The Adventuress of Henrietta Street

>If you need any pdfs, just let me know.
I have them all already, thanks.

>old trip

Granddaughter. Never forget.

I've read Alien Bodies, Interference, Christmas On A Rational Planet, and part of Adventuress, which I need to finish. And Dead Romance, obviously.

How's Down?

I can see why you haven't finished Adventuress, since it reads like non-fiction (which I admire Miles for doing, it must have been hard). Down's decent. Quite a bit goofier than the other ones I've read, lots of humour and things like mammoths and nazis. It's the only Benny media I've consumed so far.

>I can see why you haven't finished Adventuress, since it reads like non-fiction

Now I feel like a pleb.

Seriously, Adventuress is exactly what I like to see in Who, but it was somewhat dense. Nevertheless, I did like it.

Check out "Oh No It Isn't" for Benny. I need to read some more Benny myself. She's a fun character.

He also did a Benny audio, The Adolescence of Time - it's his only Big Finish work.

Nyssa was a rather nice companion. Smart, nice, and willing to shoot someone whaen she got too pissed.

Never saw it. Probably should.

Nyssa is kind of a badass in this one. I feel like this is where her character was strongest.

ay wake the fuck up

Wasn't this story supposed to be her only one? I heard Davison asked them to make her a companion.

Yeah I heard that too.

Kinda fucked up how every time they face off against the Master it's him wearing Nyssa's dad's corpse. I don't think that would have been fun for her.

> I heard Davison asked them to make her a companion.
I wonder why.

>I wonder why.
Because she's a good character/actor.

That and the fact that he destroyed her entire home planet. Shame they pretty much never mention that again.

I believe there's a bit in Time-Flight or something where she says "I hate that face" but that's about it.

eruditorumpress.com/blog/breaking-news/
Why are SJWs the worst type of people?

Please never post again.

no u

That makes sense, considering how much Davison likes to work with Sarah in audios.

nerdist.com/doctor-whos-peter-capaldi-says-clara-might-be-back/

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

what's so funny user

its clickbait
clara isn't really coming back.

Even that article says the same thing.

>“I’m not sure how successfully Clara was able to wipe his mind,” Capaldi told the crowd alongside fellow guest Coleman, adding “I just… I was about to tell you something I can’t tell you.”
>And with a little prodding, Capaldi revealed even more, saying “I just shot something that Clara was still there in,” to the surprise of the crowd.

It's for the spinoff set at Coal Hill where Clara used to be a teacher

I doubt we'll actually see Clara either. Coleman was busy filming her new show while Capaldi was filming.

>that clara was still there in
>still there

>I’m not sure how successfully Clara was able to wipe his mind
old news. peter's been saying this since hell bent aired.

Watch the video. In context he could be saying her memory is still there in, that's the subject they were discussing when he made the comments. It's not really clear either way. Considering the other factor of when this filming happened it makes it unlikely that Clara herself is coming back.

radiofreeskaro.com/2016/06/08/rachel-talalay-joins-radio-free-skaro-for-two-part-directors-commentary/

>Note: we watched the NTSC (Region 1) versions of these episodes, so the commentaries will run slightly slower when trying to sync with PAL (Region 2) or other versions.

I still can't believe this is how they deal with the different refresh rates of regions
Or the fact that different regions have different standard refresh rates to begin with

It should be good though

A poem by user:
/who/ is a thread
/who/ is a dead
dead thread

A 俳句 by アノン
ドクターフーは
ぼくのすきでした
/フー/をしにます

I understand he remembers that Clara existed and that she was his companion, but doesn't remember anything that would allow him recognize her.

What about the painting on his tardis?

Stop being dead /who/.
wikihow.com/Act-Like-the-Doctor-of-Doctor-Who

Maybe he remembers now? I don't know. I gave up on trying to make sense of this Moffucking, he just throws things on me with no consideration for anything.

it's not our fault Sup Forums was dead for 3 hours
probably helped stop the thread from 404ing

I noticed. It was quite frustrating.

Moff expects you to get the point, which is that the Doctor and Clara mutually decided to end their relationship. Whether or not the Doctor regained his memory of Clara, or was only pretending to lose it, or partially remembers, is almost a moot point. It doesn't change the fact that when he found his TARDIS with Clara's message inside, he knew it was time to move on and that he shouldn't go looking for her.

There will probably be some time fuckery either in S10 or Class in the vein of Matt Smith's phone call, but she's not going to actually come back.

>Kinda fucked up

I have no doubt in what this all thematically means, but I don't believe Moffat agrees with himself on what the fuck is going on.

I can't stand these monotonous robot voiced cunts.

Animated reconstruction of The Daleks' Master Plan when?

>Doctor saw painting of Clala on the Tardis, realized he'd just been talking to her in the diner minutes before. Can now put a face to the name.

>Moffucking.

you try writing a haiku in another language

/got/ here. How are you doing /who/?

Even though the show is not as good as it was, I'm still terribly excited. Which I can't say of GoT.

Who's the one on the left?

Dunno m8. What do you think?

No.

If it looks like that shite, hopefully never.

Emilia Clarke.

Really? I would never recognize.

youtube.com/watch?v=3tfEBtlQkNU
Was he right?