Now that the dust has settled was he good as Willy Wonka?

Now that the dust has settled was he good as Willy Wonka?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9xVmCL0bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE

WUZ

WONKAS

Fuck off DANNYBOYTBH. Dumb subhuman spic.

looks like a woman

I like his music.

utterly forgettable

No. Gene Wilder is the superior Wonka.

No, but the Buckets were godtier. Everything until actually going into the chocolate factory was great.

More like a Willy Wanka, amirite?

Not really. Johnny Depp comes across as someone trying to be like Gary Oldman, but something about him just gives off this vibe of someone aware of what he's doing.... like you can tell he's thinking "i am giving such a great performance right now"

whereas with Gary Oldman, it just works.

He was dick shit.

Veruca and Violet however. Yummy.

I actually liked it but it's so much inferior to the original. You just can't top Gene Wilder.

Gene WIlder is legendary good. Literally one of my favourite performances ever

Glover would have been really good as legit Wonka.

Fuck, I'd take it just to see him work more.

Willy Wonka and the FORCEO MEMEO ALIMONYO el JUSTO.
JAJAJAJAJA

I saw Blazing Saddles for the first time yesterday.
youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9xVmCL0bA
Guy has mad charisma.

Nobody actually liked his Wonker, right?

A person could easily make the mistake and assume you think gene wilder is Gary oldman

Too self-involved and memey. Gene Wilder's rendition had a sense of magic and innocence, this felt plastic and over-produced.

Definitely a pair of chicks easy on the eyes.

No. Just fucking awful. I say this thinking the original was only so-so even.
The last thing I can think of that he was half way decent in was the first Pirates movie, its been a steep downhill decline since.

I want her to do that to my dick

>HA

I still hate how they did the ending. no he wasn't that good of a wonka.

Yes, and this one was more true to the book. Rahld Dahld even said he liked it better

This. The part with Christopher Lee was alright too. The rest was pure shit

Dahl died in 1990 you fucking idiot.

>In 2007, Gene Wilder said he chose not to see the film. "The thing that put me off ... I like Johnny Depp, I like him, as an actor I like him very much ... but when I saw little pieces in the promotion of what he was doing, I said I don't want to see the film, because I don't want to be disappointed in him." In 2013, Wilder called the film "an insult". He also criticized the choices that Burton made as a director, saying "I don't care for that director. He's a talented man, but I don't care for him doing stuff like he did.