How the fuuuuuuck do you find your angle for writing lyrics?

How the fuuuuuuck do you find your angle for writing lyrics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6Ej0iEeajuo?t=5m2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

write poetry

have things happenig to you
otherwise, stick to instrumentals

Bump because these other answers suck dick, and I also want answers

Sucking dick will make you a surprisingly better songwriter, look at all the female popstars we have

The angle finds you. Just keep writing even if you dont have one.

This was not obvious to me until I found a few voices, and outgrew them. Loosing an angle is almost more frustrating that not having one.

Many of the best male rock and pop stars were gay or dabbled in queerness, sucking a penis is good advice.

I think of something that sounds poetic and try to think of some sort of meaning behind it. If I can't find a meaning, I either revise the idea to presen some sort of meaning or just scrap it

OP here, i did get succ'd by a guy once and fucked his ass a little. Just confused me more to be honest.

Well I write and play with a couple other musicians in a comedy band, but by god I'll try to give some advice

Just think of something, a simple idea, and expand on it. Start coming up with something that will really stick and then go from there

lol gay

OP here again.

It's not about what i want to write about, got a good bunch of ideas, it's more of how i want to write.

Used to be a in a melodeath band, shit went fine, the lyrics were acceptably cancer as supposed to. Now in a mathy emo band, shits hard.

To be fair i was under a bunch of influences.

kick out your band member for doing LSD

Write write write
Read read read

Also rap, even if it's about stupid meme and funny shit, sit in your computer, listen to your favourite instrumental album and rap something over it, in the long run it helps a lot with finding words faster

Come up with a good opening line and then find words that rhyme

That's it

Write a ton until a consistent voice begins to emerge that you feel confident in

ANGLE

Not: CONTENT

Finding poets that you like and memorizing your favorite poems can be a useful exercise.

Ty for all the advice, if i make it big i'll do a shoutout to you guys.

I believe in you OP ╰(・∇・╰)

You could do all this ^^^ or, you could do what every successful musician does and take drugs.

one thing I noticed about a lot of lyrics from Soundgarden that I like is that Chris tends to think of a metaphor and then fill out the song visually exploring that metaphor

>Rusty Cage
>Limo Wreck
>Let me drown
>Like Suicide
>Pretty Noose

etc.

Dave King's got you covered senpai

youtu.be/6Ej0iEeajuo?t=5m2s
(relevance from 5:02 onwards:

DAYUM

This. But make sure you're writing about something that interests you or you're passionate about

I just record a nonsense vocal over the music I've written, because when I just make noise without thinking about the words I tend to come out with the vowel sounds and rhythms that sound really good over it. Then I listen to it and think about different words and phrases that sound similar to the gibberish, and the meaning of the song shows up somewhere during that process.

Also I never used to do it this way and my lyrics didn't flow so good before that, they sounded forced. You have to realise that the actual sound of the words you choose is just as if not more important than the actual meaning and content behind them, pick the right sounds and it will sound much more profound even if you're just singing about how much you like burgers or some shit.

How do you know if you've good flowing lyrics? I've written a few songs but they sound fine to me.