Honest thoughts on Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy?

Honest thoughts on Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

bakabt.me/torrent/180534/fate-zero-bd-1080p-deanzel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Top: Yeah we got lazy with the animation
>Bot: Let's build this crazy complex

>Good
>Good
>Eh

mostly solid superhero movies.

i feel the major problem was as the series progeressed, gotham had lost that unique look in begins. the coreography could be alot better (escpecially in 3) but the setpeices were nice.

i think theyre the most accessable capeshit to normies

Literally the only superhero trilogy with a consistently good beginning, middle, and end.

They all have their flaws, Begins the fight choreography is shit. Dark Knight has its share of cringe inducing lines and plot holes. DKR has Bane.

But these flaws don't break apart the films. They're all solid and well told and I don't think we'll ever get another trilogy like this for superheroes ever again?

>Good
>GOAT
>WAKE ME UP.jpg

>I don't think we'll ever get another trilogy like this for superheroes ever again?
Captain America already surpassed it.

why did they send all the cops in a straight line with all their manpower just walking into a very obvious trap instead of sending in teams

why did the cops lose their guns when they exited the sewers

why didn't the cops just get mowed down charging at bane's armed henchmen

>consistently good beginning, middle, and end.
>TDKR not objectively dog shit

At least Batman and Robin was funny. If CIA and Bane weren't spicy hot memes you people wouldn't even remember that movie at all

They think they're in poo in loo town and don't have guns

Good
GOAT
Meme

>why did the cops lose their guns when they exited the sewers
They didn't. They charged at Bane's men with their guns holstered like idiots

its not a trilogy when you need to see several other movies to watch one of them

DKR is absolute tosh.

Just remember that scene in the end when the cops and the terrorists charge at each other to have an epic final battle even though they're fighting in the middle of the street and the terrorists are armed with assault weapons.

BB=good
TDK=GOAT
TDKR=good but flawed

But that is the definition of a trilogy. I need to see Empire Strikes Back, another movie, to watch Return of the Jedi.

you dont need to watch other films outside that series to get whats happening in jedi

a trilogy needs to be self contained to 3 movies

I don't need to watch other films outside the Captain America films to understand the core plot. Are you really that confused by the basic shit going on in these movies?

cap1 and 2 stand on their own

3 references events from several other movies and is built around a conflict between 2 characters that spans others. of course ive seen every one needed, so unless i find someone who has never seen any of them, i cant prove or disprove that

What's the chinese toon on top? looks cool

The first is garbage

Tied with Thor for worst mcu

I thought it was great but then i saw MoS which blew it out of the water.

BB was the best

Captain America isn't a trilogy. It requires you watch other marvel flicks, which isn't acceptable.

Civil War is a Avengers movie. It's obvious. People only went to see it because it had Iron Man and Spider Man. If it was just Captain America solely that film would have only made 500-600 mill.

Begins is a better movie than First Avenger in every way. Dark Knight destroys Winter Soldier it's not even a question, and TDKR is better than Civil War because it's actually focused and has a beginning, middle and end. Unlike Civil War which is just setting up other movies.

>Literally the only superhero trilogy with a consistently good beginning, middle, and end.
My one gripe with the trilogy is the end. Not that TDKR was shit (though it was but that's a different story).

I thought the final act was a bit too abrupt. The first movie followed pre-Batman Bruce Wayne and his first months as Batman. TDK had Batman after a year or two as Batman. The third movie was way too far down the timeline with respect to the first two. It was a weird feeling. Plus him quitting at the end of TDKR made his whole epic Batman career way less epic. He was Batman for like 2 years. Then quit for almost a decade. Then he was back for another week, then he broke his back and showed up for one more day. It's not enough time as Batman. I thought the third movie should have ended with him finally becoming a seasoned Batman, who is cemented in Gotham's culture and walks the line of good and evil.

And those references are adequately contained in the trilogy. You can watch just the Captain America trilogy and understand basic motivations. Just like you can watch the original Star Wars trilogy and understand Darth Vader's motivations without learning he was a poorly written emo git before he became a cyborg wizard.

Spiderman > Begins > cap1
spiderman 2 > TDK > cap2
cap3 > tdkr > spiderman 3

Fate/Zero

bakabt.me/torrent/180534/fate-zero-bd-1080p-deanzel

Nice, thank you

BB = Great (It's the best one all around)

Dark Knight = Iconic (Memorable mainly for Heath's Joker)

TDKR = Not good (I, truthfully, believe Nolan knew that the movie would sell, so he purposefully made a bad movie to see if critics/fans could tell. They couldn't )

There's a lot to take in since it's made for fans who've already played the games and read the novels and such. Be prepared for that. When you're done abandon the franchise completely - it's better that way.

Silly movies when you think about it.

this, i didn't really buy batman as some great vigilante desu

Is there any series that I should watch prior to this? I figure that it wouldn't be a problem because it has ZERO on the title, like a star wars prequel or something.

>i feel the major problem was as the series progeressed, gotham had lost that unique look in begins

Agreed.

>Batman Begins
>feels and looks like Gotham should

>TDK
generic city

>TDKR
>why does Gotham have a football stadium?

Fate/stay night

Its the best Superhero trilogy to date, Marvel cucks are super mad about it though.

thats true for capeshit in general.
You don't watch them for the deep plots. And when they try too hard to be deep they usually end up boring and pretentious instead.

Don't listen to this user. You can watch Fate/Zero without any prior experience in the Fate series. The DEEN Fate/Stay Night series was a horrid adaptation of the Fate route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel, to which Fate/Zero is a prequel.

However, Fate/Zero was produced by a different company (Ufotable), and was meant to work as a standalone piece. There are two or three parts that would either hold greater significance, or make more sense, if you read the VN prior to viewing Fate/Zero. Fate/Zero also spoils some major plot points from Fate/Stay Night, including basically the two biggest plot points from the Heaven's Feel route. If you worry about that kind of thing, you may want to read the VN before Fate/Zero.

Having read the VN myself before watching Fate/Zero, I wouldn't suggest it unless you're okay with pouring in tens of hours into reading horrible diction, powerlevel shitting, and artificial dramatic build-up just to ensure that you have the purest viewing experience.

I'd suggest watching Fate/Zero, and if you're interested in more, either:
1. read the VN
2. check out the other Ufotable animated series, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (NOT the movie by DEEN), which is based off of the VN route by the same name. I think it's still available on Netflix.

You shouldn't expect more of the same from either of these options, though. Fate/Zero was written by a different author than the other Fate works, and has a very different cast of characters who have a completely different way of thinking and behaving. Everyone in Fate/Zero is an adult, whereas Fate/Stay Night is a battle royale that focuses on high school students with magic.

Do Zero and Heaven's Feel mirror each other?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if they are thematically similar?

Yes

Fate/Zero itself is the prequel to a series from 2006 . That said, the original and it's remake (?) Unlimited Blade Works are very forgettable.

it was mediocre back then yes. but after having seen the follow up movies with his character, if you watch it again, you realize how good it really is.

>That said, the original and it's remake (?) Unlimited Blade Works are very forgettable.

How bad are they?

JP from grandmas boy had a similar room

Ok, going to watch Zero then, already at 40%, if I like it enough I will check the other ones, thanks.

Why did there need to be one of Bane's crew in the wreckage? CIA guy only said he booked one extra to make them talk, and he was bluffing about throwing them off, so either there should have been none in the wreckage or all of them.

There's nothing wrong with it or the approach Nolan took.

The Batman stories he took for inspiration lend themselves well for his "realistic" approach.

One of the better Superhero trilogies

I wouldn't say so. Kiritsugu, the main character of Fate/Zero, and Shirou, the main character of Fate/Stay Night, are essentially foils of each other (specifically when talking about the Heaven's Feel route). Apart from the basic setup, the plots of Fate/Zero and Heaven's Feel also don't have much similarity.

Batman Begins was a great take on grim superhero movies, it's the only good "serious" superhero movie I've seen besides Watchmen. It was a good Batman movie and feels like the only Batman centric movie in the trilogy.

The Dark Knight was a great movie and was more focused on the antagonists than Batman. The Joker and Harvey were great characters and made the movie standout.

Dark Knight Rises was mediocre. It was not executed very well and the characters were not as interesting as they were in the other movies. It has the most flaws of the 3 and its a weak ending to the trilogy. Even if it wasn't in TDK's shadow it would still be a weak movie. The memes were O K.

stay/night uses different art, different writers, different director, different studio, and its target demographic is ... quite young. It's something completely different under the same franchise.

Anime is like Sup Forums. You get mostly shit but sometimes something really great shows up, but again it's mostly shit. That's why a show can be great, and it's sequel only weeks later horrible. Or in this case, a 6/10 show sparking a 9/10 prequel and then a 6/10 remake and a 4/10 lesbian cp fest spinoff (prisma illya since I know you'll look).

Both Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works (UBW) by Ufotable are good.
UBW anime was designed as some kind of "sequel" for F/Z, so they trying to do best adapting original route.
F/Z adapatation was inspired by Batman Trilogy and the mood of story is pretty different becasue of POVs. F/Z is more "grimdark" I can said.
HF is more like real sequel for F/Z anime. Same themes, same atmosphere, characters. Try to read HF after UBW anime

>F/Z adapatation was inspired by Batman Trilogy

It is?

adding more violence to something doesn't make it adult

Yes. Director said it in interview after first F/Z trailer. Even servants battles are pretty downgraded compared to original LN.

good one hothead

>people unironically praising jobber/zero

you should know by now that Sup Forums is full of Sup Forumsedditors that think shouting really loud and throwing a tantrum makes them grown up

THIS

Do you have a quote? Just asking.

F/Z hate is defence against secondaries. Everyone dreamed about anime back in 2006-2007. Right now old fans are waiting for F/SF

what is this from user

>he's never seen Bowfinger

It's the last time Eddie Murphy was funny, user.

Exhilarating cinematic experiences that set the standard for the cape genre to this day.

utter trash

>jobber
what

fuck you fate/zero was goat

The fight scenes in Begins were by far the best. with the single best fight in the entire trilogy being Batman vs the fucking league of shadows ninjas. Everything else is garbage, even Bane.

Summed up right here.

Batman Begins is honestly quite good and has some serious rewatchability.

The Dark Knight becomes a chore to watch after a few times. It's overrated if you and me.

The Dark Knight Rises has a few bad weird scenes and dialogue but I think it's very entertaining. Timely villain for the times, Batman comeback scenes and that bit where they chase him in the bat mobile are all epic . Also the first fight with Bane and the ending are incredible. I know this is a unpopular opinion but fuck you, I liked it.

Batman Begins : 8/10
TDK: 7/10
TDKR: 7.5/10

this desu. Marvel fans are immune to storytelling it would appear

r8 my cast

6/10

don't like batman begins but scarecrow was cool.
the dark knight was cool and i really liked two face.
i saw a the dark knight rises steam once. it was a cam version.

Did you guys see the animated shorts set in between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight?

They were pretty good.

My only question is how you go from The Dark Knight, the best superhero movie ever made, to TDKR - one of the worst?

The Anibatman? It was okay.

All of them are better than Man of Steel and Batman v Superman. The Dark Knight Rises is the weak link in the series for sure but is still better than MoS+BvS

Batman Begins is awesome

The Dark Knight was mind blowing when it came out but doesn't hold up as well upon rewatch, Ledger's preformance carries the whole movie but overall it's still a great movie. There hasn't been a superhero movie to come out since that has topped it imo.

Nolan didn't want to make The Dark Knight Rises, he only did it to get funding for Inception. The lack of emotional investment from Nolan comes through in the movie. It's a mess and super anti-climatic, every character is pretty much completely messed up and doesn't feel consistent with the earlier movies.

It's weird that each of Nolan's batman movies have different vibes to them and yet they are still in the same universe, It's almost like he just made 3 stand alone batman films and they got lumped together as a trillogy. Rachel getting recast, Gotham literally changes completely in each movie.

You could argue Batman's influence alters Gotham and the way we see it in the subsequent movies.

>Nolan didn't want to make The Dark Knight Rises, he only did it to get funding for Inception. The lack of emotional investment from Nolan comes through in the movie. It's a mess and super anti-climatic, every character is pretty much completely messed up and doesn't feel consistent with the earlier movies.

you mean intersteller?

I hate Nolan and his movies with passion, especially the Batman trilogy. They're such boring movies, Bateman is painfully average, Caine and Freeman are dull, the villains all sucked except for Neeson. Gotham felt like modern day Chicago instead of comic book city, it had no charm and everything was just... plain, ordinary, uneventful. Cinematography was also insanely dull and it's my biggest issue. No difference between Nolan's Batmans and generic action blockbusters. Just fucking compare Burton's mesmerizing style to Nolan's boredom, I mean Jesus... Fuck Nolan. Big issue No. 2 is pacing. The first one was decent in that department, TDK was horrible, TDKR was double horrible. Background score was so cringey and the rollercoaster pace they were trying to set up was disastrous.

Begins 2/10
Dark Knight 1/10
Bane's 0/10

Gimme Joel Schumacher over Nolan's SeriousMania any day.

Maybe, but I have a hard time buying that his influence changed Gotham from Chicago to Manhattan and in Batman Begins it was all stylized like the comics, then it just became real life cities

I meant Inception, I heard somewhere he only got to make Inception if he agreed to do DKR after but I spent 5 minutes on google and couldn't find anything saying that so it's probably not true, should have fact checked before I posted but I still feel the same way about DKR, like his heart wasn't in it

It was always intended as a trilogy. You can find early concepts for the third which included Joker, Hush, Philip Seymore as The Penguin and an Older Catwoman. As much smaller roles. However those were also just ideas more set in stone.

philip seymour hoffman would have been an amazing penguin

>mediocre
>one of the greatest films ever made
>mediocre

Correct opinion.

Both are copies of Peter Zumthor's Kunsthaus Bregenz, the floors of which are separated to allow natural light to wash over the ceilings and illuminate the space. Don't you gigaplebs know anything about contemporary architecture?

>thought Begins was a 2/10
>still watched BOTH of the sequels

Get a fucking life, seriously

Way too few cuts to be Nolan.

>Batman Bregenz

IT'S
POTTERY

Was the best trilogy until Civil War came out.

First of all, wrong.

Second, if the first movie of a trilogy is only good after watching parts 2 and 3, it failed at being a good movie. Films should not require homework. Especially when the homework is watching more capeshit.

Civil War is an Avengers movie with Cap's name on it. I loved the film, probably the best of the MCU after Winter Soldier, but you know it's true. Also, First Avenger is pretty damn mediocre.

But he's right. As a stand-alone film it's mediocre, but it's made retroactively better with the follow up films because you develop sympathy for the character that translates into a more enjoyable watching experience on repeated viewings.

First Avenger is great. I'd put it below Begins and TDK but miles above TDKR.

The first half is great. I really hate the ray guns. They kinda defeat the purpose of it being a period piece. Also, Winter Soldier and Civil War are just so vastly superior.

>Honest thoughts on Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy?
The Joker, Dent, and Gordon were all really good in The Dark Knight.

I... Honestly? I barely remember Begins, it's been so long since I watched it.

Rises is not shit, but not really good either.

Look Down's, I watched the second one because of all the hype and Legder ODing himself, and the third one because of baneposting.