stop posting this shitty meme album

the Old Boots, New Dirt of our generation

no hip hop has ever dealt with substance abuse before this album

prove me wrong

you're joking right?

no music was ever experimental before this album

prove me wrong

what's your point?
you think uncle meat has any less relevance because freak out was first?

are you stupid ?

Do jackhammer samples count?

saying this album is experimental or groundbreaking has never been funny

Why is it that when a rock, pop, or jazz artist makes an "experimental" album, nobody bats an eye, but when a hiphop artist (OP, Death Grips, Kanye) does something even remotely different from what you hear on the radio it is hailed as "groundbreaking"? Are the standards for hiphop really that low?

Compared to someone like Beefheart, Danny Brown sounds like the Black Eyed Peas.

of course
because its true

Not even lean addiction?

it certainly was an experiment, like when you grow bacteria in a petri dish from a sample of nigger semen.

Hip hop is one of the last major genres still somewhat insulated from wider pop music because of its intense tribalism, traditionalism, and focus on authenticity. In the late 00s after a period of stagnation it entered a stage where these walls began to collapse in the mainstream, so now pretty much any direction a rapper steps toward outside of traditional hip hop is going to be "groundbreaking"

an average pop punk album is much deeper than this

>Are the standards for hiphop really that low?
Yes.
I mean, the fact that Atrocity Exhibition is considered groundbreaking just because it sampled a few post punk songs –even if it is the same money hoes drugs as every other hip hop album– should be proof enough.

>even if it is the same money hoes drugs as every other hip hop album

gee i wish i lacked the ability to understand context or nuance like user here

...xxx.
this has to be bait

My IQ is 163. For those of you unfamiliar with IQ, this means I have "genius-level" intelligence. I also have synaesthesia, and absolute pitch. Things as diverse as math, music, and art come naturally to me and I get straight A's without studying much at all. I also am able to understand music at a deeper level than most people. While most people my age spend their free time listening to mainstream music, I spend my free time listening to works such as Hopsin's Ill Mind of Hopsin 1-9, J Cole's Born Sinner and 2014 Forest Hills Drive. All this and I'm still in high school. Ask me anything.

this is how i know you didnt actually listen to the album

No other rap album exist
Prove me wrong Sup Forums

I can tell this album is gonna go down in history. It's a little too weird for me though.

>few post punk songs
fucking lol'd

>I also have synaesthesia
you mean memethesia. synesthesia doesn't exist.

This is cherry picking. When Beefheart and Zappa were making albums that were way left field, The Beatles were being praised as "revolutionary" for things like White Album, and hip-hop artists like Busdriver and Saul Williams don't get the prestigious 8.0+ BNM from Pitchfork that Kanye does, and in some cases, don't even get their albums reviewed.