Listened to the entire beatles discography today after putting it off

Listened to the entire beatles discography today after putting it off

>AND IN THE END THE LOVE YOU TAKE IS EQUAL TO THE LOVE YOU MAKE
I literally started weeping after this song

WHAT THE FUCK SCARUFFI YOU SAID THEY WERE SHIT I DIDN'T LISTEN TO A SINGLE BEATLES ALBUM EVER BECAUSE YOU SAID IT WASN'T WORTH IT
I need some time to reflect

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/music/unique.html
scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shut the fuck up

>putting off the most renown band of all time because a minority of Sup Forums told you not to

You're pathetic.

have you really put any thought into that line? cause most of what the beatles say is actually just idealistic head in the clouds hippie drivel

Fucking mindless drone, listen to music because you want to, not because some old italian piece of shit tells you.

There are places I'll remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life, I love you more
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them

Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice
In the church where a wedding has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the window, wearing the face
That she keeps in a jar by the door
Who is it for

Eleanor Rigby, died in the church
And was buried along with her name
Nobody came
Father McKenzie, wiping the dirt
From his hands as he walks from the grave
No one was saved

pet sounds is better than anything the beatles made

>a ton of music critics and enthusiasts agree that the beatles are a great band
>one autistic italian fuck says they're not
>everyone believes him
I fucking hate that people take Scaruffi seriously about anything. his reviews are just rambling.

>he fell for the Scaruffi meme

You're not supposed to actually dislike Beatles, it's a statement. I hate people who disregard Scaruffi without reading up on his philosophy.

what's his philosophy?
>You're not supposed to actually dislike Beatles, it's a statement.
and what does that even mean?

scaruffi.com/music/unique.html
scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html
educate yourself

I would put Pet Sounds on par with the White Album.

Both are amazing records.

Listening to any critic about anything. Ever.

I still don't get what statement you're talking about.

>scaruffi.com/phi/syn21.html
>the critic is the real artist
Now I just want to punch his stupid, egotistical face in to a bloody pulp.

>I'm a pathetic weak-minded piece of shit who falls for generic word salad lyrics with zero meaning
Here's a hint for you - the Beatles didn't fucking give a shit about peace or love or any of that shit. They were bourgeois pieces of shit who made pop drivel for children - and they knew it. Their lyrics have no meaning besides shallowly attempting to appeal to the lowest common denominator and get the "dude so meaningful *hits blunt*" demographic.
You should be ashamed, fucking hang yourself.
Basically this:

HER MAJESTY'S A PRETTY NICE GIRL BUT SHE DOESN'T HAVE A LOT TO SAY

Give me an example of what you consider to be a good lyric.

Scaruffi states the value of art is assessed by the critic. Therefore when a critical consensus is reached, the development of the art form stagnates. For him to write a negative and well-developed criticism of the Beatles, then, is to push the medium forward. One does not have to fully believe in his conclusions to see the value in an opposing opinion on modern music's greatest sacred bull.

I sent this bitch a picture of my dick

so basically it's good that he's being a contrarian because his opinion is different from the norm
yeah I'm not buying it

Yeah "A Day in The Life" is definitely pop drivel for children.

100% accurate

Absolutely true but the Beatles are still amazing.

The Beatles are great man

But that's bullshit. The critic has fuck all to do with the art itself. The artist creates the art and the individual interprets the art for himself and decides whether it has meaning to him personally. The critic is a useless parasite that gorges himself on the blood of the artist and the money of sheep like you.

He doesn't need to. Pick up a fucking book. Music's about sounds, not words.

It's a load of crap and that guy bought it. Hook, line and sinker.

It is good. He's applying social philosophy to music criticism, and it's worked well. In this instance, pure contrarianism is a utility because it prevents an artist from gaining a sacred status, which stifles development.
It's his philosophy, not mine. Observe how his views have come to dominate this board, and you will come to have more respect for him.

Lyrics are a part of it, not the main part, but an important one.

Honestly it's pretty interesting how the Beatles went from creating shit like A Hard Day's Night to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds in like 3-4 years.

>Music's about sounds, not words

I agree but with footnotes. Don't need fantastic lyrics for a good song but outright bad lyrics can ruin an otherwise okay song.

>Observe how his views have come to dominate this board
They come to dominate this board because of trolls and retards like OP who didn't even bother to listen to the music. It has nothing to do with his "superior philosophy"

This board is full of retarded children who can't think for themselves and masturbates furiously to the flavor of the week like it's the second coming.
>grimes

The scattered pages of a book by the sea
Held by the sand, washed by the waves
A shadow forms cast by a cloud,
Skimming by as eyes of the past, but the rising tide
Absorbs them effortlessly claiming.

your a dorable

The critic is never above the art. Scaruffi is a self important douche who is overstating his importance to the world. God. I fucking hate critics and the people who listen to them even more.

He gave people a look at the music they'd never seen due to the cabal of reviewers who ignore real quality over mass-market appeal, and he puts growth of music as a medium above all in his criteria. Even if he has been spammed by some trolls, there's an undeniable hook in his perspective that people find worthwhile.

No, they are not even relevant, besides providing a voice that can act as yet another instrument.

Personally, there are ok lyrics and then there are bad lyrics that ruin a song and I don't want to listen to it again. So I'd rather have no lyrics at all.
Most musicians are shit at poetry.

meaningless piffle

>it's worked well
who the fuck decides that?
>pure contrarianism is a utility because it prevents an artist from gaining a sacred status, which stifles development
that doesn't make any sense. one dumbass saying he hates a popular band won't sudently move the art forward
>Observe how his views have come to dominate this board.
>a bunch of contrarian children likes a contrarian guy who happens to have a website
I'm shocked
>you will come to have more respect for him.
I don't respect someone just because his shitty essays inffluences some people's music taste

fpbp

Contrarianism for contrarianism's sake. Each piece of art should be judged on it's own merits alone, regardless of what other artists do.

>who the fuck decides that?
Just look around you. I guarantee you most of Scaruffi's top albums wouldn't be on Sup Forums had it not been for his influence. Sup Forums is one of the most important music discussion centers on the web. That's a success.
>one dumbass saying he hates a popular band won't sudently move the art forward
Of course not, these things don't happen overnight. The key is that he's a prominent, highly-educated individual whose opinion on music matters. For him to voice a well-developed opinion on why he dislikes the Beatles is enough.
Like it or not, art doesn't exist in a vacuum.

>a voice that can act as yet another instrument
>bad lyrics that ruin a song

contradicting yourself here. vocal harmonizing was a huge element of the beatles' music, no lyrics no song.

Sup Forums circle jerks a shit ton of awful fucking music. What's your point?

>there are people who take critics like scruffy seriously and actually hold their opinion in relatively high regard
ayy-est of lmaos

I think I see what you're saying now, but I don't think he's as intelligent as you're giving him credit for. The reason he's popular in the first place is mainly because of his Beatles copypasta which is just a load of bullshit.
But I guess there is some value on his contrarianism, as much as I despise it.

Who said you can't have lyrics at all? As long as they don't suck a bag of dicks, though.
Also related, you can employ a voice without having to say a word at all.

All of it in 1 day?

I'm a neet.

12 LPs, average 40 minutes each
not that long desu. I wouldn't do it but still, people binge-watch series on netflix all the time

Scaruffi is what T.S. Elliot would have called "that most dangerous type of critic: the critic with a mind which is naturally of the creative order, but which through some weakness in creative power exercises itself in criticism instead".

I just heard Revolution 9

WTF were they thinking?

They were thinking in the 9th dimension.

>numbER NINE
>NUMber nine

>TURN ME ON DEADMUN
>TURN ME ON DEADMUN

They were thinking about how much dough they'd be rolling in because of how "deep" and "thoughtful" it was, despite the fact that it was actually meaningless garbage and they knew it.

only Lennon wnated it on the record. Paul tried to talk him out of including it

Compared to Carnival of Light, Revolution 9 is beautiful.

critics become important only in decadent times, where commentary/leeching of classics outweights current creation.

They're my favorite band ever but yeah 90% of their lyrics are stuff that sounds good but is ultimately meaningless

>ruining the greatest discography ending ever with this

NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

It works just fine pleb

"Okay guys that's a wrap. What a great song to end it all to end an era...but what if I added this "doo doo doo her majesty is a...."

If the Beatles made Pet Sounds it would have been their fourth or fifth best album

You mean they could have left room for more granny shit? Wow, I hate John now.

I'm loving this new "Paul's granny music is really good" meme happening here