youtube.com/watch?v=2H3suBgxc2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is for all of metal

Kyuss

>doesn't like metal
>likes Acid Bath
Nu-males I swear

lol sorry your cringey genre hasn't spawned anything good aside from these guys

wait you're the official weenposter? You do realize that back in the old days of Sup Forums I was the only ween fanatic on Sup Forums hardly anyone knew about them

I am the original I used to be called a hipster for listening to the pod. This was before the NMH memes.

this shit is tight

You've been dethroned :^)

what metal have you listened to besides Acid Bath

not even the best Weedeater album

Slipknot, The Sword, Gojira, Sunbather, Mastadon, the list goes on...

But all Weedeater is so similar. Goliathan is kinda weak though. Listen to Sixteen Tons

What a surprise this thread has been so far. Anyway, posting the only heavily symphonic metal worth listening to.

>sludge metal for nu male pussies for can't handle real shit

stoner for nu male pussies who can't handle real shit

>hip hop for nu male pussies who can't handle real shit

>stoner for lazy fuckboys who can't handle real shit

Weedeater is good though. They have their place. Gimme some good stoner recs so I can tell you I've already heard of them

>"real shit"

I hope you didn't judge Mastodon by their two newest albums. They were unbelievable before they sold out. Blood Mountain is so good.

This was the only remotely decent nu-metal album.

thoughts on the new album coming out?

This is the only hip hop LP I actually love, but Danny Brown has been doing some really good stuff, so I have high hopes for him

wait, what about...
youtube.com/watch?v=NiwqRSCWw2g

Only shoegaze record that clicked with me

It's the opposite with me, I cant get into this record but I absolutely love Loveless

No real hopes but they could always become good again. I won't ever totally write them off because they had four incredibly good albums and the newer ones aren't awful they're just not Mastodon. The new one was recorded like 15 minutes from my house so that's pretty cool.

Same can be said you. Plenty of worthwhile symphonic black metal albums but I only see people on Sup Forums talk about that album.

Spirit Caravan - Jug Fulla Sun
Shrinebuilder - s/t
The Hidden Hand - Mother * Teacher * Destroyer

Flawless albums. TGM was pretty good too. Every other prog metal band is gay as hell.

ITT: said genre is interesting but i dont care enough to actually explore it

Wew lad

>nu male chugs interest me

Death, cynic, possessed, atheist, etc.

Maybe a little too rock and roll for me but not bad.

Never listened to Spirit Caravan or Hidden Hand but I'll check them out. Shrinebuilder is good.

Guess I should have specified stoner metal and not stoner rock. Not too much into the rock and roll stuff. My soul is too dark

I'll eat your ass for lunch dude don't even waste your time

youtube.com/watch?v=5IEMpwrf1kU
youtube.com/watch?v=gHeHsAiFdT4

I consider the rest of their discography great too but they're also pretty much the only prog metal band I can even stomach.

I love both these bands. Assuming you live in the US, did you get to see Ufomammut when they came here? They put on a great show. I hope they come back soon.
On a slightly related note, I've been really into Sumac lately too. Awesome band if you haven't heard them.

I hate their first album (except Mordecai) and their newest is not great but I admittedly haven't given it much of a chance. Everything else I have loved. Alaska and Colors are supreme though. TGM is really good too. Swim to the Moon and Disease, Injury, Madness are some of their best tracks.

Everything pales in comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=2H3suBgxc2M

Definitely look into Protest the Hero's first two albums if you haven't. The Contortionist too.

I dig Scurrilous but haven't listened to it in a while. Is that really considered prog metal? Also I think I once tried to listen to The Contortionist and didn't like them. May try again. Thx for the recs either way

Tim Hecker. Granted, I'm very new to the genre

>I hate their first album (except Mordecai) and their newest is not great but I admittedly haven't given it much of a chance. Everything else I have loved. Alaska and Colors are supreme though. TGM is really good too. Swim to the Moon and Disease, Injury, Madness are some of their best tracks.
Mordecai is on The Silent Circus, not their first album. Their first two albums are indeed a young band finding their stride (before Richardson, Briggs, and Waring showed up) but they are definitely worth getting into. I agree about everything else you said and I thought the same about Coma Ecliptic but it wound up growing on me hard. It was the first album of theirs that actually took a few listens to get into but I love it now, with one exception being the song The Ectopic Stroll. Neat drumming but it sounds like a bad Queen outtake or something.

Oh yeah you're right. I meant their first two albums. My mistake. I thought Dusty was with the band since the beginning and Blake and Dan joined before Alaska. Can't believe I didn't know that. I'll try Coma again. I didn't really dislike it. I'm just not into the BTBAM style of music like I used to be. Alaska and Colors have nostalgia tied to them and they're also amazing albums so I have more appreciation for them and TGM than I ever will for their newer stuff.

I feel all that. Dusty joined when the others did a while before they made Alaska. Colors will always be my favorite from them too, and I think there's also an element of nostalgia to it cause I got into them right when Colors came out and I saw them for the first time a few months later on the Colors tour. But in any case I hear that a lot about Coma and I sort of felt the same way for a while. It might not grow on you like it did for me but once it clicked for me I wondered why I dismissed it the first couple times.

Jane Doe

Acid Bath is pretty fucking good

kewl ill checkum out

>Sunbather

TB H NO ONE KNOWS THEM BEYOND THAT ALBUM NAME FA M

>not toxicity

i'm a Christian zombie by day-light! :)

>unironically using the word nu-male
SAD AS SAD CAN BE!

Death metal, anything by them really, but this is a 10/10.

even Considered Dead? that's as basic as OSDM gets imo

Thrash

they're good

Deftones for "nu-metal"
also one of my favourite bands, coincidentally

Agreed.

God Luck and Good Speed>Sixteen Tons>...And Justice for Y'all>Jason...the Dragon>Goliathan

God Luck is my shit.

I think you meant this.

Shrinebuilder was so good. Everybody brought their own sound into it. I wish it wasn't a one-off.

Never was really into thrash, but this shit is always fun

Lads, what genre does the song laser speed belong to?