Looking for loud, aggressive badass jazz like the cowboy bepop OST (nothing boring). Anything helps

Looking for loud, aggressive badass jazz like the cowboy bepop OST (nothing boring). Anything helps

youtube.com/watch?v=EuAzPR0ACVw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tZOCdrwGch4
www100.zippyshare.com/v/ImerwsVW/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=R9dWMhSJq0c
youtube.com/watch?v=81m8_5mccgA
mega.nz/#!YhASARDD!3oLdVphpcXexA99pGdxF8XQVo63AqsH5VKfQeUfXslc
youtube.com/watch?v=P7KMJ_dTawI
youtube.com/watch?v=AQMgXPFzdg8
youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0nwSv6cTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

really good album. not badass 100% of the way through, but consistently really good and extremely tight (like the seatbelts) hard-hitting big band jazz. has my fav jazz composition maybe of all time on it, Suite Sandrine, pt 3. I can zippy it to ya or something give me a lil bit

I'll give it a shot. Thanks user

Well since this thread is up, anyone have a link to download the cowboy bebop box set soundtrack? Dont really have the funds to buy the damn thing

ok here ya go:

Michel Camilo - One More Once (1994)
>lively, tight, technically brilliant latin big band music from one of the 90's premier jazz composers and pianists

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=tZOCdrwGch4

link: www100.zippyshare.com/v/ImerwsVW/file.html

have you tried listening to ska on the jazzier side?

youtube.com/watch?v=R9dWMhSJq0c

jesus, the bassist and the drummer

Gimme a minute and I'll hook you up

>thinking cowboy bebop is loud, aggressive, or badass

This is an 18+ board, you know

The genre is called Bebop.

I really love the blues harmonica on songs like Spokey Dokey.

I thought it was called Cowboy

:^)

Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts - Cowboy Bebop 5 Disc Boxed Set

>Massive compilation of every track in the Cowboy Bebop anime; includes live recordings, demos, outtakes, and Japanese dialog
>Jazz, rock, classical, soundtrack, OST, etc.

Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=81m8_5mccgA

mega.nz/#!YhASARDD!3oLdVphpcXexA99pGdxF8XQVo63AqsH5VKfQeUfXslc

Shit. Im on my phone right now but as soon as i get back home I'm starting the download. Thanks senpai

Bump

It isn't like Bebop at all but Naked City - Torture Garden is the most aggressive of all jazz.

youtube.com/watch?v=P7KMJ_dTawI

john zorn is too insane to be classified as a jazz musician

Yeah man I'm really into jazz Cowboy Bebop OST, The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, The Epic, Karma, Scenery, the list goes on...

Soil and Pimp sessions seem like they would fit your description:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQMgXPFzdg8

Incase anyone's looking, i stole it from the archive

Michel Camilo - One More Once (1994)
>lively, tight, technically brilliant latin big band music from one of the 90's premier jazz composers and pianists

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=tZOCdrwGch4

link: www100.zippyshare.com/v/ImerwsVW/file.html

Listen to the whole OST.

This is one of the all time best videos on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU

Soil & "Pimp" Sessions

nvm beat me to it

you're missing quite a lot of material there.

nobody cares about your dexter gordon record collection, grandpa

pure bebop is almost missing completely from the OST IIRC. it certainly makes nods to it, but by and large it's mostly jazz fusion and other hybrids

honestly OP you'd probably be best off trying to some more modernized big band records, something like Big Phat Band

Hermann Szobel

You're pretty accurate user, except for the epic and karma(?), you should also add taxi driver to that list.
Could you explain why you predicted that i like all of those albums? Is it just that those are the commonly cited albums from people who don't listen to jazz or is there something intrinsic about those albums which would make it appealing to a casual listener of jazz?

theyre all entry level albums

What about kind of blue, a love supreme or giant steps? Aren't they more entry level/easy listening?

*cringes*

he did say the list went on

>durr it's entry level if it's not a 1959 los angeles black quartet making coked out trills in II V I for 10 minutes

Why can't you jazz fags at least meme ECM records while you're making your snide remarks.

>90% of mu only listened to these jazz albums
>hurrr you can't say they are entry level I bet you are a tryhard who listens obscure shit

Link pls :^)

Uh then how about recommending something. The dude is literally making a thread asking for recommendations and people still find the need to make passive aggressive quips that he is enjoying "le entry level" jazz.

why do you retards throw autistic fits when an album you like is called entry level. there is literally nothing wrong with that

Why do you retard(s) feel the need to enter a recommendation thread to make patronizing remarks that offer no value and provide no actual recommendations?

While you're at it make sure you go to the Kpop thread and tell them they have a gook fetish.

he asked why listed the albums he listed and i answered. i still dont understand why youre so upset??

OP, I'm not going to pretend to know jazz well, but I ran into this song by accident a while ago, and maybe you'll like it the same way I did:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ae0nwSv6cTU

I THINK ITS TIME TO BLOW THIS SCENE

there's a goddamn fedora on the cover I'm not listening to that

Holy shit the nostalgia just hit the fuark out of me.

This is some weather channel jazz shit

my dad had this LP. it was one of those half-speed master editions

Directions in music

Yeah, I know. When I was buying these the "No Disc" was sold out and "Ask DNA" and "Ed OST" I couldnt find anywhere. Same with the box edition.

This is the right answer