Only captain to actually develop as a character throughout the series

>Only captain to actually develop as a character throughout the series.

>Only captain to have to raise a kid while taking on all the duties of being captain.

>Only captain to have to deal with the consequences of his actions when dealing with an alien race, instead of flying off to some other planet after two or three episodes tops.

Hey guys, who's the best captain, Kirk or Picard?

Sisqo always made me wet as the pacific desu. A black captain really does it for me

>Sup Forums: the post

Picard raised children while he was a star fleet captain, too

Janeway had children but just abandoned them on some random planet in the delta quadrant.

i love sisko but avery brooks just has such a weird style of acting to me. its like hes trying to be really theatrical but can never quite hit the sweet spot; hes always over- or under-playing it.

What children? Westley? Not really, that's Beverly's kid ando he was blatant 90s "let's make it hip for the kidz" insert anyway

I'm talking about his children in the flute universe simulation thing. I even posted a picture of it you fag.

Hey man. Did you even look at the image? Does your brain not work? Are you some sort of Pakled?

Not that guy, but I'm supremely disgusted.

He overacts when he's supposed to be angry and underacts at all other times

In other words, he can't act and doesn't know how to act.

>raising children in a one-off episode compared to raising a child over seven seasons

Yeah, pretty much.

Quark and Garak were the only good actors on Deep Space 9.

Bashir could only act retarded and annoying, Kira could only act pissed off and was terrible when she tried to act like she was revering a holy person, Sisko could only do angry screams, Odo could only do sarcasm, O'Brian could just do frustrated potato, Dax could only do soft spoken mentor and was horrible when she tried to do anything rough like fight

But he wasn't a captain then, he was just a scientist on a dying planet.

Garak is the best of the series, and damn he had the best lines as well...best character overall

It's Star Trek, so he might have been ordered by Rick Berman to underact.

We know that's what happened on Voyager.

>Where do I begin when it comes to answering what I thought were the missed opportunities on Voyager? I think it would be best if we go back to the beginning. When casting ended on Voyager, all the actors were invited by executive producer Rick Berman to attend a congratulatory luncheon. It was during this lunch that Berman informed us that he expected all actors portraying human roles to follow his decree. He told us that we were to underplay our human characters. He wanted our line delivery to be as military -- and subsequently devoid of emotion -- as possible, since this, in his opinion, was the only way to make the aliens look real.

>My first thought was, “That's not right! What the heck was Berman talking about? Was he pulling our legs? The human characters shouldn't be forced to muffle their emotions. We were human, not androids!” But, being the newbie in Hollywood, I did not make any objections... yet. During the entire first year filming Voyager, actors were required to re-shoot certain scenes because of excessive emotion. I personally had to re-shoot only a couple of scenes, since I learned my lesson early that crossing the writer/producers was an unwise decision. Kate Mulgrew held the record for the most re-shoots, numbering in the double digits. It is a little-known fact that during the first season, Mulgrew's Janeway had a teary eye on more than one occasion, only to be vetoed by the producers and covered up with a re-shoot. If you can allow Captain Picard to bawl his eyes out for 10 minutes over the death of his relatives in the opening of the film Generations, then how on earth can you not allow Captain Janeway the chance to show some genuine emotion?

>Love, your pal, Garrett Wang

>t.garret wang

From that time she devolved into a weasel

What? You can't legally reply "t. Garrett Wang" to a post that literally ends with "Love, your pal, Garrett Wang".

Am I the only one who reads posts here?

it was clearly some sort of salamander

also it pissed me off how often (very very often) voyager would have a story about somebody having their DNA changed, and it causes them to completely transform their entire body to match the new DNA in like 1 day. That is not even close to how DNA works but it happened all the time on Voyager (and a few times on TNG)

Rick Berman is a genius, to be honest.

Any time an actor feels flat in DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise, I just assume that Rick Berman ordered them to act flatly. I always blame the executive producer and never blame the actors themselves. They get to remain spotless, and Rick willingly takes that weight because he can live with it. He can live with it. He can live with it.

Computer, erase this entire post.

>t.garrett wang

so I know that the TNG cast was all like one big family that loved each other and goofed around on set, and that the Voyager cast was full of infighting and they pretty much hated each other, and the Original Series cast it was just a job to them, but what was the Deep Space 9 cast like? What was their behind the scenes relationship?

>only captain to conquer an entire quadrant
>only captain to successfully beat the borg, saving the federation
>only captain to preside over the Federation's first foray into transwarp technology
>only captain to safely deal with omega particles
>only captain to create an entire species of lizards

I'm sorry OP, but sisko is a distant Second to Janeway the Conqueror.

>think the image is shopped
>it isn't

Is there was some way to get rid of the waste heat, and have enough fuel to do it, it could happen in 1 day. Obviously absurd though. I've seem some really old anime where the character would binge eat them melt objects around him when he transformed suddenly. No clue what that was.

Every day, the crew of voyager used transporters, which IIRC reconstruct their victims by using DNA as a partial guide.

>only captain to conquer an entire quadrant
All she did was make enemies and run away. Sisko actually created settlements and made allies and won a major war in the Gamma Quadrant. Janeway accomplished nothing of note except kill people.
>only captain to successfully beat the borg, saving the federation
But Janeway SAVED the borg. Also Picard beat the Borg on multiple occasions.
>only captain to preside over the Federation's first foray into transwarp technology
Both Kirk and Picard traveled faster than warp 10 and were subject to instant teleportation. Remember when westley made the ship go so fast with The Traveler that it broke the universe?
>only captain to safely deal with omega particles
that shit was only mentioned on one star trek episode ever but yeah okay, I grant that one
>only captain to create an entire species of lizards
the enterprise on TNG created many completely new life forms during it's career

Sisko was distant and only close to Sisko. Everyone else got along fine.

Bashir and O'Brien were drinking buddies in real life (but they didn't play darts). Bashir and Kira fugged, married and had a kid. Jadzia was friends with Troi before joining Star Trek (fact) and they both got along great with Worf (fact) and totally had threesomes together (rumor). Even outside of conventions, Kira, Odo and Quark still meet up casually sometimes.

>Is there was some way to get rid of the waste heat, and have enough fuel to do it, it could happen in 1 day.

no it really couldn't. Have you ever wondered why large animals in nature don't just go from infants to adults in 1 day? Their DNA says to make them adults, so why do they go through years of adolescence? The fact is the body simply mechanically CAN NOT change that fast, there's no mechanism for that sort of change at all. At best, they would get horrible cancerous tumors that very very slowly grew over the course of many months and years

>Only captain to actually have to deal with hard decisions

>Only captain to have to be a women as well as taking on all the duties of being a captain.

>Only captain to have on going story arc about tough decisions that would carry on for more than two or three episodes tops that wasn't fucking boring about OTHER PEOPLES PROBLEMS (i.e. bajor religion, Cardassian War)

Sisko was a fucking bitch. That episode where they stick him in the hotbox, if that was Picard he would have given some epic speech and convinced the native they were wrong. Janeway would have sacrificed them to some horrible aliens.

Sisko was a bitch ass pussy.

>Have you ever wondered why large animals in nature don't just go from infants to adults in 1 day?
Because their DNA also says to take it slow, because over the years, it's proven more efficient for them to do so.

There's nothing that makes the theoretical hyper speed metamorphosis portrayed so often in fiction impossible. Merely incredibly, incredibly improbable.

it makes me happy that bashir and o'brien were friends in real life.

you think she made enemies and ran away, but it gets resolved later on, sorry if it's not sequential enough but it stretched out over seasons, not 2 to 3 episodes top.

Naw, Janeway saved some Borg, but in the end, she destroyed the Borg, final episode.

You mean Barclay? That was Transwarp, but not through his genuine research.

Omega

I have no idea about that guys lizards thing either...

>A bitch ass pussy

truth.

>You mean Barclay? That was Transwarp, but not through his genuine research.
Barclay is not The Traveler.

>Voyager apologist hasn't watched TNG
How surprising.

>le angry space black man

>You mean Barclay?

I mean Wesley

and it wasn't the traveler, either. He was just giving guidance. It was Wesley. And he did a better job at infinite speed than Voyager did because nobody turned into a frog (well they did, but not till like 4 seasons later)

Remember when Picard had a chance to destroy the Borg and was like, naaaaaw.

who cares about this tng shit

dude, you know i am authentic TNG fan when you talk about Wesley, and I have no clue what you're talking about.

Hopefully this is a false flag.

I don't want to believe that Voyager apologists are actually this bad.

OOOOOOOOH THAT EPISODE, I was thinking the Cytherian probe where they go to the center of the galaxy.

but yeah... fuck weasly.

Remember when Adama was going to genocide the Cylons with lymphocytic encephalitis but then Helo sabotaged the plan and Adama was all like "Eh... okay" and everyone forgot it ever happened?

Sisko is the most based captain of them all. Too bad Sup Forums's edgy racism wont let them see it.

>based captain
>literally poisons a whole planet to get to one guy

He should be sitting in a prison cell for war crimes

They were illegal squatters in Cardassian territory. He was lawful and justified in evicting them, and he made sure that nobody died.

Sisko deserved a medal for that.

Voyager is just fucked all round, such a missed opportunity of a show.

Show should had the first season be basically TNG 2.0 and then in the season finale have them trapped in the Delta.

Marquis should have been violent terrorists who kill Voyagers captain so Janeway has to step up and take command, but they have to work with the Marquis as well because they are stuck in the Delta, Chakotay should have then been turned into a chaotic neutral character.

The show should have had them also resort to raiding planets and species for resources, Voyager should have got more damaged over time and be repaired with alien tech, so by the time it gets to earth, it barely even looks like a Federation ship.

I think The Year of Hell is a good example of what Voyager could have been, but it wasn't sadly.

Also the characters apart from Janeway, Tuvok, The Doctor and Seven of Nine are basically complete shit with Neelix and B'Elanna being basically the worst Trek characters ever.