MotY 2016

MotY 2016

It's definitely in my top 5 so far. Wheatley was fucking perfect for it

I was fucking blown away. So good. So dark. Such a unique feel and atmosphere.

good movie but what was up with him and his sister

Is this that apartment movie? It was so cringey I couldn't get through 6 minutes

Tell me more about Maxresdefault

You're the only cringey one.

Is it really that good? I saw it got mediocre reviews but I loved AFIE so I figured I'd give it a shot eventually.

No user, it fucking sucks. Saw it at Fantastic Fest and the only thing people were talking about in regards to it was how disappointed they were.

It has all the ingredients of a good movie, but I think it was overthought and the end result is dull, boring, and overthought.

at least is not image.jpg or a png

*over produced, sorry

That pregnant woman sex scene made me rethink some things

what film is this?

No it was shit. Ham-fisted social commentary on class and le everything that is wrong with this world

That's effectively what the reviews said, I believe Wheatley himself even said he could understand why people didn't understand it.

Is it at least worth a watch?

Well I would say the first 30-40 minutes are really good, but it's just so long and drawn out that you'll be ready for it to be over by about the halfway point.

If you're into very methodically paced movies you can probably sit through it, but be aware that it just mooovvveesss ssooooooooo sllloowwwwww. Which is kind of the point, that madness is a gradual almost unnoticeable buildup, not a tidal wave; but that doesn't make for compelling cinema.

>over produced
What a fucking empty statement. Especially in this context.

>I missed the point

>I have ADHD

Decent, not great. Kind of spiraled off half way in without a purpose but to just box the film off.

First 45 minutes are fantastic

I feel. That's disappointing, I might give it a go if I have nothing else to watch.

Don't let random fuckstains on Sup Forums rob you of this experience.

Seriously. You might aswell be listening to youtube comments

How is empty especially in whatever context is making you so butthurt? It's low rent Kubrick.

>I missed the point

What was the point of the movie?

It doesn't have a clear point. Yeah sure, there's some social commentary about class and stuff, but it's just a movie about a building of people losing their minds and what happens as a result. It's mostly just a fun "people are animals" story.

>How is empty
Because the criticism is literally an empty statement. You're just trying to sound knowledgeable or smart so you throw around empty shit like "overproduced" in the wrong fucking context. Capeshit is overproduced. Highrise isn't.

>I think overproduced means expensive CGI superheroes

That's literally you. I know High Rise makes you feel like a smart patrician, but I hate to tell you it sucks.

>YOU MISSED THE POINT OF THE MOVIE!!!
>Ok, what's the point?
>THERE IS NO POINT!!!!

top keks

Personally dont think the premise was built up enough.
Film could have done with another 20 minutes with that and a more drawn out gradual change of the people in the building.

In short, Wheatley was out of his depth and the source deserved a more competent director.

that's what happens when you condense a book into 2 hours. i thought it was actually done pretty well.

>I think overproduced means expensive CGI superheroes
No. I think overproduced means unneccessary amounts of tweaking, editing, filtering and otherwise being generally too flashy/busy or complex.

Highrise is none of the above. You're a moron.

You'd probably have gotten bored if thing descended too slowly. It's hard to honor the pacing of a novel in a movie.

>overproduced means unneccessary amounts of tweaking, editing, filtering and otherwise being generally too flashy/busy or complex.

Weird, because that's exactly the context I was using the term!

High Rise has all of that, from the supermarket riots, to Jeremy Irons sex condo scenes, to the every drop of paint meticulously placed on Hiddleston's head scene, to the pool scene; the list goes on and on.

not that user. you realize these scenes were literally in the book right?

whats the name of the fucking movie? jesus christ

>High Rise has all of that, from the supermarket riots, to Jeremy Irons sex condo scenes, to the every drop of paint meticulously placed on Hiddleston's head scene, to the pool scene; the list goes on and on.
None of that qualifies as overproduction

You're dumb. I'm glad you didn't enjoy the movie. Dumb people don't deserve to enjoy things. Enjoy your dumb life user. I hope you die painfully as a direct result of your dumby dumb dumbness.

High Rise

I'm not talking about the scenes in and of themselves; I'm talking about the directorial choices for those scenes.

Well most people who saw the movie didn't like it, but feel free to think you're a patrician because you enjoyed babby's first arthouse flick.

>his face when the plebs call him Loki
>everytime

>feel free to think you're a patrician
I'm not patrician. High Rise didn't make me feel that way. I really liked High Rise. It's a really really good movie.

Deal with it.

>high rise
>arthouse

opinion dismissed

I loved it, it was extremely unsettling and the atmosphere it creates perfectly encapsulates the confusion and the breakdown of sanity presented in the movie.
Great stuff.

AFIE is the only great movie Wheatley has done. Kill List was close but then it shat the bed with that awful, retarded cult 'reveal'