Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

>Razorfist says that nobody hated the prequels until RedLetterMedia made the Plinkett videos

Do you agree with this sentiment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who?

Most people felt unsatisfied or dissapointed with the films, then Mike "the kike killer" Stoklasa released a structured analysis of the series failings that put words to the feelings everyone had but couldn't properly express. Mostly people with no knowledge of film on a technical level.

I don't know who this is.

he says a lot of things. He's not right about everything. No one is.

He needs to do more vids about old action flicks. Steven Segal movies in particular.

I was 6 when I first watched the phantom menace and I still thought it sucked.

>taking the opinions of Coldsteel the Youtube Persona seriously

That doesn't change the OP statement.

Was razorfist born in 2010?

I have no idea who the fuck that is.

That said though, my friends back in the day incessantly mocked all three of 'em. I can't speak for everyone, but all my nerd friends and I would only watch them if we were drunk and talking a mountain of shit. They were awful, they've always been awful, and will forever be awful. Anyone that says otherwise has no appreciation for film, fun, or is an active shill. Or worse, an unpaid Lucas fanboy.

I'm a die-hard fan of Bathory. I hate (you) OP, but have some (you)'s

What the fuck, he just said basically everyone already hated the prequels before plinkett reviews, but plinkett reviews helped people cope with "why" they left feeling unsatisfied.

Like going to a shrink and finding out why you're a neurotic mess. Someone helped you put a name to it for you.

That's about it.

The disappointment and hate of the prequels was always there.

18+ to post here kid.

I'm going to bet he was a child when those movies came out. Granted, I was also a child when those movies came out and people hated them back then too. Sith was the only movie people reacted somewhat positively to, mostly because Vader was in it for a (terrible) scene. but even that one garnered a lot of complaints

1988, faggot.

I don't hate any of them so stop making generals

You're functionally retarded.

Oh, well then in that case yes, 28 IS under 18.

No, I was a teenager when they came out, I fell asleep during Revenge of the Sith.

They were all terrible, everyone hated them.

Razorfist is just a fucking contrarian edgelord. His opinions should be disregarded on anything beyond Elder Scrolls.

I mean ffs, he thinks Invisible War is the best Deus Ex game.

So The Phantom Menace was the first new Star Wars movie either of us saw in theaters, baring the theatrical re-releases of the OT. Did you not think they were shit or something?

>I don't hate any of them

Well then you're clearly in no position to critique film or tell others what is good or bad, seeing as how poor your judgement is.

If you don't watch the Prequels and have even a base understanding of "Something is wrong...." then you weren't meant to have good taste.

That's about it.

>Did you not think they were shit or something?
no

I still love Tremors just like they do.

That's fucked, user. I'm so sorry.

Who?

And also:
No. Like everyone else has said, the prequels were already considered shit by almost everyone. Except little kids, I guess? But even the younger kids I knew (cousins) liked things -from- the prequels, but didn't care that much about the movies themselves.

Wait, is the implication here that age is relative? Just because you are less "under 18" than he is doesn't make him under 18.

the prequels are still better than what ever the fuck tfa is supposed to be. tfa was genuinely awful and had nothing going for it. turned it off after the first 45 minutes

>Used to listen to the Hate Bit Podcast.
>TFW they all basically descended into alt-right anti-intellectual Sup Forums shit because "huuur duur woman criticized muh vidya"
>AlphaOmegaSin went from being quite thoughtful and softspoken to being Thunderf00t tier MGTOW retarded.

It's objectively false.

Before the Plinkett reviews I used to wonder why Star Wars fans hated those Star Wars movies so much. Then those reviews came out and I understood why.

>Razorfist
Is there a knifehand?

TFA was a focus group designed, emotionless, feel-good flick. Even THAT was better than the poorly directed, poorly written, fucktardedly acted, CGI abominations that were the prequels.

Guy at the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=XSaaa_OBkzw

hi Mike

Mike actively loves that shit, so no.

Is this the same guy who gets pissy about people not calling ANH just "Star Wars?"

He's an edgy contrarian with bad opinions.
People make threads about him to make others angry.

so what are you saying here? the "actors" in tfa made me feel sick to my stomach. it was really bad. as far as suggesting tfa was written better? it was just a fucking copy of a new hope. tfa can not by better than anything since it's merely just a glib fascimle

except you didnt

>look this guy up
>metalhead who does comic book and video game rants

Oh. So pic related then?

>People make threads about him to make others angry.

It's working.

-Anakin Skywalker

Why do people try to pretend that TFA was somehow "soulless" but the prequels weren't? It was so sterile and CGI

Almost every Star Wars fan at the time thought it sucked, but most of them pointed to Jar Jar. The Plinkett reviews basically spelled out all the things wrong with it beyond Jar Jar.

For months, news stories about Jar Jar hate sites kept popping up, early flash games were Jar Jar assassination cartoons, a fan cartoon about Lucas killing jar jar was really popular, and the South Park episode Jakovasaurs was entirely about Jar Jar.

Stop being such blind fanboys. People have hated the prequels ever since episode I. This isn't some new contrarian wave.

Yeah, no you're right. It's a conspiracy. It's much more believable to assume that literally every person saw those movies loved them, but then changed their minds after the RLM reviews than it is to assume they are just bad movies.

I bet Soklasa was using some kind if subliminal mind control techniques. I mean, there is no way one could possibly dissect a good movie for three hours straight. Because then, y'know, there is a slight possibility that it is not a good movie.

TFA blatantly followed the plot beats of ANH and its only saving grace amongst people is that it evoked nostalgically good feelings from most people when they watched it. The fact that it garnered any kind of general positivity alone makes it better than all three prequels combined. I take that for what it is, an though there's nothing intrinsically "good" about it, it serves as a sufficient launchpad for better, more original work in the universe. It hit every note it was supposed to and made Star Wars relevant again. The prequels were the literal opposite of that, even with all the new ideas they put forward.

because the prequels had a unique story running through the films and expanded wildley upon the existing mythos of the franchise. TFA was terrible and basically shits all over that by making a shitty ep 4 remake and used cheap pandering upon nostalgia to appeal to the unintelligent masses. Not to say there wernt decent moments in the film, just not enough.

no its just you were fucking six you didnt have any taste in film back then you fucking dingus.

Tfa plugs in a lot of nostalgia and then basically does next to nothing with it other than shoving a light saber up a geriatric Harrison ford rectum.

The prequels took a pretty cool story and then spent a few hundred million dollars shitting into a bucket.

The nostalgia cash grab is still better than a bucket full of shit, at least I get to see the old actors and shit one last time before they fucking die. Bout the only good thing about the film, literally a paint by numbers star wars film.

And ill still see all the other star wars shit because I'm a consumer fuck and a masochist.

Please kill me.

Dude.

I went to the premiere of attack of the clones.

It started there.

The hate for that movie and the second one fueled then production of the third prequel.

Just because it was original doesn't mean it was good.

same goes for a ripoff

No one said that.

i did

Amazing that this thread has gone long enough without anybody posting n00ds.

But the prequels tried for nostalgia by ham-fistedly cramming in characters like Yoda and Chewie, and things like the Death Star in Ep. 2

>everyone hated the prequels
that's just what the jews want everyone to believe so that they can steal star wars, the most profitable movies of all time despite not being from hollywood, from george
o wait

I can't think of anything gayer than trying to slut shame a guy

stupid fucker, go read a book

But that's what they did though.

Dunno about others, but I remember the hype pretty well. In the end, I haven't seen them when they first aired and when I finally did, some time later, I was pretty underwhelmed.

Literally Razorwho?

a hard man. very hard.

somewhat

i don't think people particularly liked them unless they saw them when they were young

i don't think the sheer vitriol they get is justified or even real, plinket reviews tap in to that part of people that parrots things to appear smart and the recent backlash against the prequels is just that

I know it's easy to think that, but come on, user. These movies literally have no leg to stand on. The pacing is bad, the acting is bad, and the writing is atrocious. The walking and talking meme isn't more than internet shitposting because it happened. It was real. The fact that actors weren't even present on the same set during pivotal moments is real, and it sure as fuck shows in the finished product. The Prequel Trilogy was Avatar before its time: A series so caught up in technology that it forgot what a movie was supposed to be.

>AlphaOMEGAsin went to being MGTOW
It's funny, because he is literally "Don't talk to me, or my wifes son again".