1. Your country

1. Your country
2. How is WW1 tought in your Country?

>Germany
>We learn that we were good boys and dindu nuffin and where dragged into war by Austria-Hungary

a European war

>flag
>It happened and it was horrible. Luckily we were there to save the day and make the treaty of Versailles!

American education tends to downplay WW1 since it is "boring trench warfare" and doesn't have as much American patriotism involved the way ww2 does.

Something happened while finns were having their civil war (much more important than WW1)

Almost win and take Constantinople back to the great Byzantine empire but then commies came...

>flag
just the second time the german failed to annex us

>Cunt
>To busy killing each other to listen to German telegrams

We were few but we were brave.

Best pilots. Also percentage wise highest number of soldiers.

Kicked ass in Vimy Ridge and Paeschendale. WW1 is like 1/3 of Canadian identity.

>guy gets shot
>europe chimps out and blames each other
>throw literal mud at each other for a few years
>'murica comes in and wins that fucker

Nothing, it was good times for us.

How we won but it was a pointless war defined by young men being sent to their certain painful deaths under the tracks of new and untested weaponry to satisfy petty disputes between the leaders of their countries

The massacre of an entire generation.

They mainly taught us about the horrors of chemical warfare, trench warfare and the conditions our brave young lads had to face.

Please don't tell me you're actually taught this

>1. Your country
Flag
>2. How is WW1 tought in your Country?
Barely taught at all. In high school we either skipped right over it, or didn't even make it to the 20th Century before the year ended. In college I took "Post-Civil War American History" and the professor jumped right from "muh Jungle" Upton Sinclair over WW1 so she could shlick to Eleanor Roosevelt.

We were (I was at least). It's all basically a footnote before the great depression and ww2. Honestly, American high school history is just propaganda.

>flag
One of the few wars the krauts were not total bad guys.

Well, at least that's patriotic propaganda and not propaganda designed to make you hate your own country/nationality/race/gender like most history classes seem to be these days

Yeah I suppose. I've been out of high school for 8 years now, so God knows what the material is now. Probably blame both wars on evil white cis men given the trends these days instead of explaining the socio-economic conditions of an international community.

Pretty much the same, they say German occupation was pretty chill compared to later Polish and Nazi occupations

how was Polish occupation?

Literally the French knight slaying the barbarous German demon

are you like 60?

1. Britain
2. It's taught as a tragedy

I wish it hadn't been fought, but the weepy stories over "lions led by donkeys" just aren't true.

As an aside, anyone else here read Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger? Fantastic book.

We dont really think about it other that czar got fucked and finland and estonia gained independance as its result

> tfw we literally dont learn a thing about WWI nor WWII

its nothing but boring argie/spanish history.

JUST

Not even mentioned here.

Here you learn how Stalin ate several dindu muffins a day and how many jews Hitler personally choked with his hands during his reign.

What are you taught about Islas Malvinas

That were the good goys and they belong to us (srs).

I graduated 2 years ago. It's not like that at all, at least in my curriculum.

same here

currently studying ww1 in university, stop believing Sup Forums memes about SJWs

>As an aside, anyone else here read Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger? Fantastic book.
It is. I wish more people would read actual memoirs instead of fictionalized accounts like "All Quiet on the Western Front".

Finns in the German Army.

We would have won if not for that bitch

In your opinions what is the more interesting conflict out of WW1 and WW2, or narrowing it down just the western fronts of each

Limited to western fronts I say ww1. Really interesting for me. 1916 is such a ridiculous year in European history.

Eastern Front of ww2 is the most interesting aspect overall for me though. I could read nothing but books about Operation Barbarossa every day until I die and be perfectly content.

my my grand mother's uncle was one of the volunteers who left to germany in 1915 as volunteer.

YOU HAD ONE JOB

either stalingrad or berlin. those soviets sure know how to put up a fight in a city

WW1 because it took about 5 years after most people think it ended for the fighting to actually end. There are so many local conflicts that spun off in its wake and I find them all fascinating.

>only talked about Western Front
>trench warfare was terrible, many new inventions let people kill each other much more effectively/brutally
>Franz Ferdinand got shot to kick the whole thing off
>Lusitania is sunk and then US joins towards the end, our side wins
We weren't explicitly taught "MERICA SHOWED UP AND KICKED ASS SO WE WON USA USA USA" though, it was more "we joined towards the end and contributed to victory but were not the sole reasons for it" which was nice. Tbh I don't really remember shit from high school history classes, I always loved history and learned it on my own so I almost always outpaced them. Not bragging, I just went to a shitty school.

>go to uni nearby
>talking to history prof I always really liked
>he asks where I went to school, tell him
>"You did a lot of learning on your own, didn't you?"

A lot off finns went for military training in germany, thats actually how whites won the civil war. It is so important thing in here that terms like jaegers still are used here and I served in kainuu's jaeger brigade

Le it's everyone's fault

WW1 interests and scares me far more

any other WW1 books you could recommend?

that is true

1917-1923 changed Europe beyond recognition

Check out Poilu by Louis Barthas. Diary about a dude that fought at almost every single major battle of the western front. He's not into the combat like Juenger but he doesn't shy away from it.

There's another book called Cannon Fodder that's a diary about an Irish soldier whose name escapes me at the moment. Pretty decent as well.

Goodbye to all that by Robert Graves is a diary by a British soldier.

Not the user you're responding to btw.

birth of my cunt

>WW1
>Taught
>In my country
Ahaha, it looks like you think we actually have an education system? This is the country that jacks off the 80 Years War without dedicating so much as a paragraph to the 30 Years War. You know, the bloodiest conflict until the World Wars that tore Europe apart and changed it forever? I mean, why would we possibly want to know this is the background against which the 80 years war took place?

European war that Russia got dragged into. It is mostly taught in context of the revolution.

thank you user!

Wonder if Nicky would've held onto power without fucking Russia up beyond belief in the war

>pic relevant

>any other WW1 books you could recommend?
user beat me to it; "Poilu" and "Goodbye to All That" are both quite good.

Do you learn about the Entente occupations of Arkhangelsk, Murmansk and Vladivostok? We never do over here.

so this is what schools in Mecklenburg look like

1.Britain
2.We won it but it was not worth all the death and was sort of pointless

1. France
2. Useless war where we got BTFO (even though that's not entirely true but that's what everybody believes)

Flag
The highschool I went to is in Vittorio Veneto, the city named after the Austrian defeat in 1918, so you can guess

>where we got BTFO
He said WW1 not WW2. Are you a millenial?

Also, this.

Muh evil nationalism forced people to kill each other
Muh the Christmas truce (despite it was only between Anglos ang Germans) is proof that the people loved each other and were forced to fight by evil nationalist govs

Not even memeing

>despite it was only between Anglos ang Germans
Come on guy, open a book and learn history from it, instead of some movies.

How we would have lost if it wasn't for the brave women working in factories and farms .

I think Istanbul should remain turkish slavs cant into architecture

Only Europeans are allowed there achmed go back to /mena/ and let the High IQ people discuss among themselves

I know he said WW1. For me it seems like everybody think we got destroyed at WW1 and undervalue our strenght

>High IQ
You overestimates the average poster

>Massacre our people and destroy our country
>OPEN A BOOK DEY WUZ DA GOODZ FRIENDZ
Pick one, lad

That's WW2 you're describing. I think you mix the two world wars.

I pick the historical accuracy then.

no at all i'm talking about WW1. Most people i talked about it thought we only stood because of the brits

we learn that we are natural killers

>we only stood because of the brits
Islamic ((("""Education""")))

>we
You're not French, Abdallah

DAS RITE FRENCHBOI

*smack lips*

DAS GERMANZ AND US WUZ GOODZ VRIEND

*start dancing*

THEN EBIL NAZIONLIZM CAME IN N DESTROYED UR PEACEFULZ EUROPA

*clap hands*

HERE IS A PROOF