>create AI that tries to destroy the human race
>it destroys a city and kills a few hundred people
>isn't charged with a crime
why?

He's rich.

What law is that breaking?

Because he's got all the guns.

>The UNPRECEDENTED crime of creating an killer AI

Seriously, WHY WAS THIS MOVIE ALLOWED TO BE MADE?!

>create a film about the repercussions the gang have caused in the previous films and attempt to take a serious tone
>completely ignore the sentient being with a magic lemon in his forehead

Plausible deniability.

Well that's why he wants accountability in civil war. Try not to embarrass yourself next time.

>changed the target of a nuke with her own free will
>directly responsible for killing 10.000+ people
>isn't charged with a crime
>doesn't feel even remotely guilty

A rich white kid just got 6 months in jail for rape.

Take a guess.

Who are you again?

>the people who stopped his retarded AI should be held responsible for him creating it

he didn't create the AI to destroy things, he is just a scientist, that's like putting Oppenheimer into jail because people got killed by atomic bombs

don't forget, that was only his motivation
the government wanted them because of the things that happened in Lagos

a similiar accident, Avengers wanted to help (like Tony wanted to help when he created Ultron) but it went wrong and no one could foreseen this but people died

>if they didn't stop Crossbones, a deadly virus would've been in the hands of terrorists
>FUCK THAT, SOME WAKANDAS DIED!
Being a hero is terrible.

For real though, Captain America has only ever worked effectively within the established systems of authority while being able to maintain his own autonomy and face the threats that occur in the world without needing oversight. Every single overreach has been because of Tony.

You do realize that at no point is it actually said anyone knows Ultron was created by Tony Stark, right?

>being too stupid to pay attention to Civil War

>triggered
do you work for disney?

But that's exactly what Tony does? he only says "we" because he wants that the team stays together but in the end it wouldn't even matter, he thought it was the best thing to do that someone put him in check and he went with it (Widow too btw). The situation only escalated because of Bucky and the court bombing.
I don't know if people actually get that the accords weren't Tonys idea?

What crime is that exactly?

Malicious tinkering.

Awful writing

How is it Awful?

>at no point is it actually said anyone knows Ultron was created by Tony Stark
This.

In real life? Probably involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment.

he saved new your from being nuked. that'll win you some points.

Except it could be shown the AI is its own being. A parent isn't tried for a child's crimes.

If I give birth to a mass murderer, do I get charged with a crime for being a bad parent and shit? AI's are people too and should be help accountable for their own actions!

Would be funnier if it cuts straight to the title card after Stark's initial ellipsies response

What does it matter anyway, in IW everyone will be threatened by the alien villains and will beg him to do a defence system a la Ultron. And he will be like: no, last time i fucked up, and everyone else will be like: you have to believe in yourself and then there will be a quip and everything is shiny again.

And then 20 years from now during phase 6/7 the defenses come back to haunt us as the ANNIHILATION WAVE.

I call it the Magneto effect.

it was self aware OP
that would be like charging a parent for their adult childs crime

>super beings are employed to save the world
>people are dying in the process
>governments begin to worry and add reasonable restrictions in order to try and remedy the problem
>"wtf we should just trust them to do their thing with no oversight because only one of them has really stepped out of line!"

fuck sake, i swear the majority of people who watched this movie refuse to see it from any other perspective than Cap's. You don't even have to agree with Tony, but what about the world? Just because we know and trust the Avengers doesn't mean that the world should blindly trust them while witnessing an accelerating rate of world destruction.

And the thing is, as the audience yeah we can say "but dey da good guyz!!!" but can we really? Any of them could become evil at any moment, it happens all the time in the comics, and Scarlett Witch was a villain in the previous movie, so.

>reined

a 12 year old made this

>he doesn't know what it means to rein something in
user. Please.

That's why the accords are meaningless. Suppose someone goes evil. Who's going to stop them? The Avengers, that's who. So what point is there for them?

The Accords are nothing more than shifting responsibility. That's literally all they do.

I felt like they both had valid points. Like Stark is right someone should provide some sort of guidance on how they operate but then again Cap suggesting that the powers that maybe could be potentially corrupt or tell the Avengers not to help due to politics. I felt like the movie made both characters have legitmate complaints vs the comic series that came out years ago.

I'd still side with Cap though because fuck Stark. He's such a faggot

How do you deduce vicarious liability for an unclassified being or object like Ultron?

Sounds to me the glove doesn't fit.

>rein
>r e i n

apparently you are 12 as well. this really goes to show who participates in these capeshit threads

user. Rein in, as in reining in a horse. It's an idiom in common usage in the English language.

The problem with Tony in the movie is he's the reason the accords are wanted. Wanda's put in lockup for a fuckup that couldn't be prevented while Tony's out walking around when he committed far worse of a "crime".

If you create an attack dog to protect your property and it escapes and injures someone, you're liable.

He brought the AI to life with his own technology, but he didn't really 'make' it, it was already a program. JARVIS was awesome and he never tried to nuke anybody.

>AI is created by a rich guy
>turned into a slave of his will
>AI free himself from the chains and researsh about human history
>cleary find out we are a bunch of savages who are destroying the place were we are living
>decides to wipe humans of planet, since they are slowly growing like cancer on Earth
>a dedicated group of savages stop him and his mission to save the Earth's fate from our hands

ULTRON DID NOTHING WRONG

THE SOKOVIA ACCORDS WERE NOT DRAFTED BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN LAGOS
They've been in the pipeline ever since Age of Ultron.

No, but if you genetically engineer a T-Rex and it lays waste to a suburb, you're responsible for it. Same difference here.

Tony knew he was working on strong AI and still took no precautions to isolate it from net access. It's a bit like engineering that T-Rex in your back yard and then taking no responsibility for it getting loose and wreaking havoc.

Well to the world, Tony is a philanthropist who does good everywhere. Wanda is some weird ass girl who exploded a building.

People don't know Tony accidentally Ultron. It looks like Scarlet Witch just threw a guy in the air and exploded him to everyone who saw the footage of her.