You've had a few days to calm down, can you admit it was one of the best episodes in years?

You've had a few days to calm down, can you admit it was one of the best episodes in years?

Did this rusty nut bastard save Top Gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/achrisevans/status/737700804547743744
twitter.com/achrisevans/status/739790145940033537
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I find it hilarious that people who have never made a show in their lives then presume what is wrong with the making of a television programme

Jesus christ, is he for real?

Nope.jpeg

Chris Evans is terrible. I had no idea who he was before this but his style is utterly grating.

I genuinely thought Matt LeBlanc was going to suck but he's been the only thing making watching worthwhile and is actually a pretty decent host.

They can easily save the show by making Matt, Sabine, and that old Irish dude from the last ep the hosts but I think the BBC has too much riding on Evans to make that much-needed change.

>you can't criticise something unless you've done it yourself

I'm so sick of this retarded logic and it's always the absolute last resort of someone who's losing the argument.

That explains why no car reviews have appeared on the show, he needs to build one himself before he can give valid criticism.

New TG has some neat elements

Chris is not one of them

Kek

With the logic Chris Evans can't criticize some cars since he's never made one :^)

Dude should've stayed home and jerked off to his car collection

He did, why do you think they're all white?

>how do you plebs know what a good show is ¦:¬) you've never even made a tv show ¦:¬) ¦:¬) ¦:¬)

Yeah, that's how you'll win the hearts and minds of your audience

He is going through the several stages of depression with each passing episode
>twitter.com/achrisevans/status/737700804547743744
DENIAL
>twitter.com/achrisevans/status/739790145940033537
ANGER

Bargaining is next

>N..next week on Top Gear I'll get slimed, that'll be funny right! You all want to see me get humiliated on TV right!?

Nice bait, but I'll bite anyway.

Others have already pointed out his absurd logic, but I'd urge Evans to ask himself one question.

What is being criticised?

If he were honest with himself he'd see it isn't the format, his co-host or even the more obvious scripting.

There is one thing and one thing alone making the new series bad.

Him.

Remove Evans. Even a show hosted just by Stig and Matt would be vastly better.

Old TG will always be superior and when Grand Tour arrives, same deal. But to make current Top Gear watchable the BBC needs to only do one thing.

Fire Evans.

needs more celebrity guests desu

that'll fix the thing

more celebrity guests, always more

BBC'S GONNA FACT!

Nah, it wasn't bait, it was pure sarcasm because of his bullshit "People love it, I promise, me mum told me it was brilliant!"

I don't think the BBC expected it to go over well, I have a feeling they planned a subpar relaunch and plan to ride it out for a couple of years, then they'll replace the presenters with better ones so the show artificially seems to get a thousand times better.

FACT

>There is one thing and one thing alone making the new series bad.
>Him.

FACT.

I have that exact bike coat.

JUST

All this grief Chris Evans brings on himself. All he really has to do is be genuine, and grow a little wit & charisma.
A mandatory blunt session for him before the show should be in the contract.

The problem with that strategy is Grand Tour.

Why wait out a shit storm when you could just watch the show you want?

ring me when they fire this ginger old lesbian looking guy

I'll never forgive him for running over those homeless people back in 1999 and getting away with it

I think the BBC are so out of touch that they expected poor feedback, but not the shitstorm they got, they have to weather it out either way now.

They clearly shat themselves when the old trio got their act together and hit the ground running, I think the BBC expected a year or two before the Grand Tour was ready. That's why they ended up cutting this season short to try and catch up when they realised how wrong they were.

To their defense, who would expect Clarkson Hammond and May to get their act together so fast and have a production team ready so quickly?

>who would expect Clarkson Hammond and May to get their act together so fast and have a production team ready so quickly?
The power of friendship :3

Yep.

There's a list as long as your arm of BBC stars that nobody seems to like but somehow carve out decades long careers. They've survived by presenting mostly light entertainment pap. Now Evans has invaded your dad's favourite friendship simulator and he won't be made welcome.

>why did they old crew get their act together so soon?
Revenge is a great motivator.

That and they actually give a shit about cars and the type of show they made. Passion will power your through almost any obstacle which is what Nu-Gear lacks entirely.

They couldn't even hold my attention for ten minutes, for this second episode.

Chris Evans (the UK ginger) sounds like a BvS fan "ooh new Top Gear is automotive kino man, if you don't like it it's because you don't understand it!"

Who is this faggot anyway?

I think he showed up on the real top gear once and let May drive his ferrari.

Tell me bongs. Who is he and why is he so inferior to the American Chris Evans

>Make a group with a well established fanbase and success unemployed
>they get a new show quickly
>HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?

what's wrong with the BBC?

These and good business sense on the part of Amazon. Giving consumers what we want.

He seems to be that dude that networks push despite being universally hated by all viewers.

They seem to exist in every country. A interesting phenomena

>let May drive his ferrari.
he came on boasting he bought it for £12m. Had a moan about May wanting to drive it and then sold it for over £25m

he buys cars just because they're pretty

>I'm right and everybody else is wrong

Jesus just end it already

Some ginger radio cunt who got his cock out for a gameshow.

Does anyone else remember that radio station on GTA (SA i think it was) with the tag line of "we tell you what's good then play it until you agree" I think that's the media strategy he is going for me.

He a radio show dj or some such shit.
The real question is...why him? People going 20 years back hated this guy. He has zero charisma...FACT.

so half of top gear is bunk since the bbc does not build cars.
checkmate atheists.

Matt is stiff as fuck, though. I'm genuinely surprised at how stilted his lines feel when he's so good at acting carefree usually.

I've never cared for the expensive-car-commercial-version of Top Gear, and so far it looks like that's all this show is going to be. I want to see some people drive through africa in a beat-up car with modifications and zany challenges, not in a brand new car that easily gets every problem fixed and where the challenges are just another sales pitch for the cars' add-ons.

In the 90's England was so bleak that the populous needed to see how life could be worse, so an absolutely shit TV show staring the ginger freak was made to boost British moral.

People were so happy to see their lives weren't shit that the ratings were pretty okay, the ginger freak sold his production company and faded away.

The BBC in all of their usual brilliance thought people actually liked the cunt, so they paid him more money than god to be on the radio and thus he stayed "relevant" for years until he got the job on Top Gear because the BBC were running out of options.

>literally the Jay Leno of Brittain
but at least Leno has the simpletons' hearts'

I'm surprised they even brought in in Matt. I wish I could've been in the room when they made their decisions.

Yea in the same way Moffat "saved" Dr Who, by taking it over and turning it into his own horse-drawn ego chariot.

Evans clearly has dirt on someone at the BBC.

Maybe a pedo ring.

>Shit guys, we need someone famous because this ginger fuck is going to ruin us
>GUYS WE ASKED AN AMERICAN AND HE SAID YES THE MAD FUCKER
>Get him in here now and make him sign before he sees what we're doing, GO GO GO!

The rest is history.

He's got British connections from Episodes and he's a big fan of cars, plus they wanted to distance themselves from the previous format. Not that weird, really.

Matt can definitely deliver the lines better, though. I chalk it up to him not being used with being in the presenter role.

Pounds > dollars
Can you blame him? I'd do the same thing knowing this can't ruin my American television career.

That said, LeBlanc would work better if he had someone to bounce off. If it was literally him and Stig, with Stig just nodding and gesticulating, there would be better chemistry and more laughs.
Evans visibly makes LeBlanc uncomfortable.

Why isn't there a petition to get Evans off the show?

That would be fucking priceless

I'm actually surprised Matt didnt tell them to fuck right off. He doesnt need the money, and he was friends enough with May, Hammond & Clarkson. And he's no dummy. But maybe that was it. He would have immediately understood what a short-term gig the new show might be.

He's stiff when he has to deal with Chris Evans' autism (the weird intro where Chris ran across the studio to Matt and gave a high five, the dig at Jeremy Clarkson using the 20 pooinaloos on top of a car, Matt wheeling him out Chris in a hospital bed, etc.) meanwhile he's great when alone or with someone who isn't an autist (his offroader review was great and so was his interaction with guest Tiny with Jay Z versus Jay Zed)

Where do you think we are?
Sup Forums has ruined the lives of the mighty on a whim. C'mon Anoymous, i'm pleading with you. Axe the ginger already.

Yeah, because Evans didnt like matt fron the start, threw a fit and tried to fire him, & the bbc had to step in and remind evans he doesnt have the power and needs to be a big boy and learn to get along with his coworkers. It got ugly as fuck, and it shows in their chemisry.

I know right?

#EvansOutStigIn

>To their defense, who would expect Clarkson Hammond and May to get their act together so fast and have a production team ready so quickly?
BBC certainly didn't help that along by hiring an asshole that the Top Gear production team hated so much they left to go work for the three amigos and amazon instead.

>To their defense, who would expect Clarkson Hammond and May to get their act together so fast and have a production team ready so quickly?

How hard could it be?

>and gave a high five
>mfw all the awkward high fives where one of the people grasped the other's hand

People who grip the other person's hand after a high five should have a finger cut off at a knuckle for each offense, until they've either learnt their lesson or are unable to do it.

If we can't even get the ball rolling, what good are we?

Why the fuck was he allowed to stay?

How long until they have to hire people to be the audience because no one even wants the free tickets?

>Why the fuck was he allowed to stay?
He adopts the "correct" political stance. Also as a redhead he's almost a minority, so he's basically immune to discipline in the BBC.

A senior female producer cried after being shouted at? That's so fucking pathetic.

The BBC charter states they exist to serve the public. If we the public decree we want Evans out, then those bastards should listen.

Source?

Chris Evans' mum is the public, and she likes him, so they've fulfilled that criteria.

Has one man EVER been on the damage control train more than Chris 'FACT' Evans?

Maybe Paul Feig.

You think we can't outvote one mother?
Surely I'm not the only one here who thinks even Normies would be on board....?

That's the problem all over, user. You're certainly a member of the public but people like you aren't nearly numerous enough to have the effect you're hoping for.

>implying the audience hasn't always been paid extras

Did he get fired already?

you shouldn't have any trouble acknowledging the same about clarkson crying when he didn't get a steak then

Sisters a PA for a personality on the show.
Google it and you'll find details, complete with official damage control announcements.

>what good are we?

Do you really *want* an answer to that question, user?

He cried about not getting a steak?

Yes that's fucking pathetic.

People like US, user. Like US. You saw Twitter after ep.1, even Carol Vorderman was saying what a joke evans was. There IS common feeling against him. There exists a desire for change. We can start it. All of us.

>Worked hard for 14 hours in the cold wet filth, maybe has cancer, hungry, wants a warm meal, dealing with lazy micks
>Got told off because her writing is shit tier

They don't conflate as well as you seem to think.

Post YFW Grand Tour is ambitious but rubbish

>People like US, user. Like US

That's what I said ie you and a number of other people that doesn't bear investigation because if you'd find it dishearteningly small.
(Not me. Fuck Top Gear.)

You're right. It's even better.

>Muh apathy
>Muh assumption of defeat
No, fuck you.

You have no right to complain about Top Gear if you aren't willing to even voice that complaint directly.

i dont believe he cried, that doesnt sound like him

He didn't quite cry, what he did was he slapped the shit out of a guy, got him and his mates a pay raise and removed the BBC oversight so they had more creative control.

Exhaustion does funny things to your brain.

Ha! What a cuck.

>aren't willing to even voice that complaint directly

Good point. I'd forgotten how that's only all right when you and assclowns like you do it anonymously on Sup Forums.

>mfw it's just car commercials in exotic locales because Amazon needs to pay the bills

FACT
A
C
T

O-oh yeah it was all part of J-Jezza's brilliant plan to get fired by the BBC!

Come on mate, he's a class act on this show but it's not like he punched that producer for any other reason than him freaking out like a diva over a steak. Let's not pretend that he was thrilled about losing his BBC job either. It was a cosy gig, even if he did have to watch his language at times.

Nigga, Amazon could throw away the money they're spending on the Grand Tour and make it back in less than a day.

I'm not sure if a cock transplant is as simple as it sounds, I've not seen any stories of it being successful.

>her majesty's top professional catering company
>no hot food after 6pm

They COULD, but they wouldn't WANT to, because they're about making money. The BBC is not, or at least not to the same degree.

anyone got any young top gear pictures? i wanna see clarkson in his prime

it's really weird when old guys try to dress as trendy teenagers

why deal with "lazy micks" when you can deal with other non-brits like your friends from south asia