Is the manic pixie dream girl a meme? Why did it become a thing?

Is the manic pixie dream girl a meme? Why did it become a thing?

>Marla
>Manic pixie dream girl
??????
?
?
?

Most screenwriters are beta losers, and the women they create are just representations of their ideal.

She fits the vague terms loosely, but doesn't really follow the point of what a MPDG represents

Since women are personalityless fuckholes, men have always written unrealistic women (women that actually have a soul). If all women written were realistic, stories would be boring as fuck.

Of course, any woman that's pro-male in any way will get shot down by female viewers as being "unrealistic" but that's the point.

Summer is not a manic pixie dream girl
REEEEE

Marla is about the farthest thing from one I can imagine, she's completely fucked in the head and is mostly a pain in the ass.

I don't really think Amelie can be called one either. She's the protagonist and the film is literally about her trying to brighten up other people's lives because she feels unfulfilled. They're trying too hard.

And calling Summer one misses the point pretty hard as well. The whole film is deconstructing the notion of the MPDG from a male perspective.

Who is Claire?

But she's not a ditzy manic girl who loves life. She's unhinged as fuck and doesn't really care.

>dream girl

I would rather be castrated and live my life as a monk than be involved with any of those people.

She's perceived as one through the eyes of JGL, and that's the entire point of the movie

I can see how she fits into some aspects of the spirit of the trope but would be a different version of it. Like the type that 90s goths and punks would have liked rather than a more mainstream "childish carefree woman" thing.

Heroes

She is what happens to MPDG when they grow up

bitter angry beta the post

>a new meme
>list presents characters from movies from 20, 15, and 50 years ago

The reason for why the word 'meme' became a meme in itself is because English is a second language to majority of us and when we lack the knowledge on how to express certain thoughts and ideas, we just slap the universal word 'meme' on them. If only we took effort to perfect our English, we wouldn't be in a situation where every living thing is a meme.

no, it's elizabethtown. claire from heroes is not a manic pixie dream girl.

Can Holly from Breakfast at Tiffany's really be considered a MPDG? Reality strikes her down pretty hard, from what I remember.

Stop meming around

Came here to post this

ur face is meme lmao

whos holly

breakfast at plebs

Sup Forums everyone

>Since women are personalityless fuckholes
This is just wrong.

Truth is, most people don't have much personality, men and women.

Thing is, to meet and have a relationship with ones that do, you gotta cultivate some personality yourself.

And I bet you're just the most interesting neckbearded virgin in the room aren't ya champ?

he's not entirely wrong though. 99% of attractive women are fawned over their entire lives and people pretend to like them and laugh at their jokes just because they're pretty and/or popular. they never have to develop an interesting personality because it isn't necessary to their biological imperative.

Everyone has their own "Manic Pixie Dream girl", it's the girl you fall in love with because she's "quirky" and "different" but you can't realistically stay with. But in the end you never forget her.

Also that list ignores the ultimate MPDG, Annie Hall.

>wasting your valuable time on this planet watching chick flicks just so you can tick them off your kino bucket list

Anyone who watches shit with manic pixie sluts is a faggot.

MANIC PIXIE GIRLS ARE STUPID AND UNREALISTIC THEY ARE NOT REAL WOMYN WHY WOULD A MAN NOT WANT A BODY POSITIVE 38 YEAR OLD STRONG WOMYN MEN ARE SCUM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the whole manic pixie dream girl trope is that they basically only exist to make you happy and they don't care about their own lives that much they just want to pull the main character out of his existential funk. there aren't actually girls like that in real life.

No he is wrong, or at least, he's not looking at the full picture and neither are you. Also, you're both hyperbolising a fucking lot.

Here's the truth and I know it's hard to hear because it doesn't place the blame solely and completely on women:

MOST PEOPLE ARE BORING

Most people never develop personalities because they haven't needed to, not just attractive women.

Jocks don't need to cause they got sports maaan.
Geeks don't need to because they've got vidya.
Academics don't need to because they've got book knowledge.
It goes on...

The thing is we are not taught, any of us, to cultivate a diverse range of interests and experiences because that's not what most of the world values. You can't really make money of personality (besides being famous).

So you're wrong, stop using a very very common human trait to demonise an entire gender because you're so vapid and void of personality that you have no recourse to find the ones (and they definitely exist) that stimulate you.

Grow up.

Then why are women so terrible at comedy?

checkmate

ok, you're obviously a roastie getting toastie.

most people ARE boring i'll give you that, but men on the whole are much more interesting and develop better personalities than women regardless of their place in life. in general i find that men are just more interested and passionate about things like film, music, literature, etc. that's not saying there aren't women that do that as well, but they're much more uncommon. i'm also not arguing that being interested in learning and appreciating culture makes you have a good personality, but being well read and passionate about life is a good start.

Who are Clementine and Claire?

I'm pretty sure Summer isn't MPDG since she wasn't really interested in JGL half the damn movie. Although the movie was indie trash, so I guess it is easy to mix the initial hipster girl as pixie girl. And with Marla I'm kinda on the fence. She has traits but she is bit too cunty and edgy to be one.

Personally I don't like them. That kind of personality just seems shallow to me. Maybe be fun for a day or two but after a while I would want something meaningful and not just fooling around.

clementine: eternal sunshine
claire: already answered, but elizabethtown

>in general i find that men are just more interested and passionate about things like film, music, literature, etc

It's not like you've got a choice.

I'm not sure who you're hanging out with mate.

I run 2 weekly meetups in my city, 1 for film discussion (see a film, drinks/discussion after, recently we saw Son of Saul and Hunt for the Wilderpeople) and 1 for celtic music (we gather at a local bar and share songs).

At both, the men are almost always outnumbered. Esepcially the music one, I'm usually one of only 4 guys that regularly come down, the rest are all women.

I also frequent a DnD night at my LGS, firstly, it's owned and operated by a woman and usually about 1/3 are women that are playing.

Yeah this is all anecdotal, but what I'm saying, just look man, you'll find it. Stop being so cynical and bitter and develop some personality yourself, meet people. There are always women and they're really fucking cool. Just gotta stop being a cunt for a little while.

How am I suppose to kno based on those shitty draws

that's because men already have friends. they don't need to resort to meet-up.com to do interesting things.

>here's the truth
Stopped reading right there. This is Sup Forums, just give me the memes plz.

because Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly is one of the most iconic and memorable in the history of cinema and it's easy to recognize her distinct characterstics even on this simple drawing.

Neither of those are on meet.com.

Have been to a bunch of those though, they're actually really great. I went to one that was for outdoor laser skirmish. I actually met my best mate at it.

Why is meet.com bad?

So which of those chicks are you currently fucking?

>go on a date with someone that seems like a manic pixie dreamgirl
>find out shes just a schizophrenic

Well, that solved that

I met my girlfriend on RSVP, so none of them.

Mmmmm, skin tags!

>men already have friends. they don't need to resort to meet-up.com to do interesting things

Not while there's a Sup Forums, apparently.

put a neckbeard on that and it'd be indistinguishable from you, user

> Sup Forums is interesting
Lol nice one

All of them except Summer are def NOT MPDGs

>Sup Forums posters are men with friends

kek

>tfw actually went out with manic pixie dream girl

I thought they were a meme too until I met her. Shame I spilled too much spaghetti and it never went anywhere.

Haha good point
I have lots of friends but I'm a girl lol

this tbf

just like I'd never be interested in meeting a girl with my same passions and hobbies, god that would be boring

Did she decoupage things?

It's not a new meme, but it is a meme going by the original - and correct - definition of the word.