So I've listened to Fun House a few times and I really love it...

So I've listened to Fun House a few times and I really love it. I wanna listen to pic related next but I'm not sure which mix I should start with. Which one came first and which is generally considered the best one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rtEZ-6_Xoc
youtube.com/watch?v=bCLAzfj4VrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HlsrpobYaZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the iggy mix might be better to get acquainted with the album. i like the bowie mix a bit better overall though

Bowie mix came first. There's not really a consensus on which mix is best.

i see, thanks.

Have you listened to the first Stooges record?

The super loud iggy mix is better overall, the bowie mix is really flat

I definitely prefer the Iggy mix but Raw Power is nowhere near Fun House in terms of quality sadly

I think I might even take Kill City over Raw Power

yeah, i have

There is a remastered version of the Iggy mix that came out in 2012. I like that one the best, and I prefer the Iggy mix overall anyways.

Raw Power is a really great album, especially considering it came out in 1973. It's more straightforward rock than Fun House, but still energetic as hell.

What'd you think?

i liked it. i wanna be your dog and we will fall were especially great. i think fun house is better as an album overall though.

Yeah me too. If you're interested checkout the complete Fun House sessions. 7 discs of The Stooges at their peak playing live. Features a 17 minute version of LA Blues

Listen to the vinyl version of the Iggy mix. It's perfect. The regular version of the Iggy mix is too loud.

thanks, i'll definitely check that out

If i remember right it should be in the archive but if not it's on soulseek. You ever listened to any of the bands the guys that weren't iggy started?

Listen to this guy, OP.

no, I haven't. is there anything you'd recommend?

Ron Asheton's New Order (Ron Asheton and Dennis Thompson from MC5)- youtube.com/watch?v=3rtEZ-6_Xoc

Sonic's Rendezvous Band (Fred Smith from MC5 and Scott Asheton) - youtube.com/watch?v=bCLAzfj4VrQ

New Race (Ron Asheton) - youtube.com/watch?v=HlsrpobYaZ0

ebic trips mayne

Iggy's mix is best imo because it's represents what this album was supposed to be much better, like i feel this album comes across in a much more aggressive way when the vocals and the guitar are turned all the way up.

Bowie's is much more subdued, and you can actually hear the bass and drums which is good too i guess.

That's what i get for not reading the thread

Iggy's mix is in the red on everything to the point where it's a hard listen on headphones, but it definitely conveys the power of the album.

Bowie's mix is much more listenable and less mushy but it's quite flat.

Personally, I prefer the Bowie mix but I can see the merits of both. I would just listen to both and make my mind up for myself if I was you desu

It's a shame that they haven't been able to get a mix that combines the best of both worlds desu.

cool, i'll check em out

this