What's the deal with Always Sunny?

What's the deal with Always Sunny?
It's my favourite comedy show ever but every time I try to introduce it to my friends they are either unimpressed or they hate it.

What episode would you show someone who has never seen the show Sup Forums?

The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis

actually tried showing this one to my friends last weekend
I think they chuckled once, said it sucked and then we watched Rick and Morty
I don't get it, that episode is amazing

They don't hate the show, they just hate you.

I agree with this
>every time I try to introduce
DUDE WATCH THIS SHOW
HAVE YOU WATCHED THIS SHOW YET?
WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING THIS SHOW
IF YOURE BORED YOU SHOULD WATCH THIS SHOW

I was actually trying to introduce it to different friends.
I don't push a show on someone after they disliked it, I'm not an autist.

The Gang Buys a Boat.

>thos are barnacles, do not eat those
>the implication

The D.E.N.N.I.S. Sytem

S01E01 like a normal fucking person

this

because if someone said they'd like to watch star wars but they're not too keen Id tell them watch phantom menace first?

franks brother

The Gang Hits The Slopes for sure

WHY DON'T PLEBLE LIKE WHAT I LIKE? REEEEEEEEE

The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell

fucking awful suggestions desu

show them Mac and Dennis Break Up

What episode has the funniest intro?

Something like Mac and Dennis buy a timeshare

No you'd tell them to watch Star Wars. Because that's the first one. It introduces you to the world and characters. Idiot

ALso if they're "not too keen" then fucking leave them alone, they don't want to watch it.

Frank sets Sweet Dee on fire

My go-tos are 'Wrestles for the Troops', 'Frank's Little Beauties' 'The Night Man Cometh' 'Dee is Dating a Retarded Person' and 'The Gang Goes Jihad'. Any of those are pretty solid.
>He's entering a state of Hulkamania
never fails to raise a smirk in people who grew up with wrestling

The pilot is literally perfect, wtf is wrong with you?

If they don't like the 1st episode then I don't know why you want them to get into it. They have shit taste.

It's one of those shows where you sort of have to know the characters to get the humour

Showed it to my mother and sister and they weren't to keen on the first two episodes
by the end of the season they were hooked

Same with me a bit
first episode I just didn't really get, but now it's probably my favourite comedy desu

Chardeemacdennis

I honestly cannot stand this show. I've watched it only because people here insisted, but after the second season I finally got tired of it.

My friends dislike it because they think the characters are awful people.

Obviously, I'm not going to force it on them despite them missing the fucking point, but a lot of people seem to only like sitcoms when the characters are all pretty, nice, paragons of the life "normal" people should aspire to.

We all say to people to skip Season 1 because it is seen as subpar, but then we get confused when they still don't particularly like one random episode you picked out because it's your favorite. But Always Sunny is a character based comedy show, where you don't get the full experience unless you've really spent some time with the gang.

This is the only right answer.

I guess it's the people you hang out with. My friends all love it and kind of identify because we are similarly antisocial drunks

They shout at each other too much. Shouting is not comedy. They eventually over come that. But not soon enough for lost people

I actually really enjoy season one. It's far more mellow and natural feeling. It slowly eases into the ridiculousness that Frank and his money introduce to the show. Plus, in the first few episodes you can tell how hard they were trying to get the show picked up for longer. The subjects they focused on were touchy, but they threw caution to the wind.

WE'VE BEEN THROWING ROCKS AT CATS FOR YEARS DENNIS

>The first four episodes or so where Charlie is actually a nice guy who's just really poor and Dee is the group's voice of reason and nothing like the rest of the gang

It's such a jarring change.

This show is hilarious. Seasons 3-6 are the bread and butter, but they're all pretty hysterical.

I always introduce people with the Dennis system. Its the first one I saw and I laughed my ass off and was immediately hooked. I've introduced a handful of people with this episode and have had a 100% success rate. Even my mom couldn't stop laughing.

I'm watching you, you bitch, you're gonna die tonight!

Kills every time.

I'm no sociopath, but I am always mindful of the system. All his points are solid until S. Obviously there are less crazy ways to nurture dependence than threatening someone with death. Still though, breaking them down and making it clear how much they need you/ struggle without you is tried and true.

I've thought about implementing the system at a lower level but I'm too beta

I usually show The Gang Hits The Road. It does a good job of establishing the characters without relying on them knowing anything about their dynamics. Just stands as a really great one-off episode

Dennis Gets Divorced has great timing, with him fake strangling Maureen and the title card

Get new friends

Dubs backing up Dubs

Idk m night famalam

My friend introduced me and my otger friends to it by showing us the pilot episode and we prontly maratgoned all of season 1 fuck I tgino that was like 8 years ago... I geel olde now. Fuck you op

>friends

howdy reddit

Charlie work

This, stop hanging out with fucking retards

You've probably heard it before, but no matter how beta you are, there's a socially awkward girl who also wants to get laid. Not only that, there's a whole bunch who feel absolutely worthless and unloveable, and just wish there was someone to sweep them off their feet. You'll find them in the usual places - niche spots online, fetish sites, support groups - and if you swoop in, they will be grateful to you.

I suppose what I'm saying to you is prey on the emotionally fragile and the mentally vulnerable, but be aware that it could backfire in a major way as well. You could have the stalker/ murderous yandere, or you could end up getting threatened with a rape charge. So yeah, it's a minefield. Up to you whether you take the risk, but most women, especially of this type, really want to be controlled.

Now... are you going to get off with me?

>then we watched Rick and Morty
ughhhhh

I got off while reading that. It was AMAZING. Mostly sexual.

Charlie got Molested
Its a good one for showing off all the characters
>Charlie is really funny in that one
>McPoyles
>Dee and Denis playing psychiatrist
>Mac freaking about not getting molested

>friend shows you a movie
>literally every scene he turns his head to you and asks "did you fucking see that?"

Fuck you I can't even enjoy myself because I have to constantly validate your existence.

First episode I saw (after a history of disliking the show) was the one where Charlie and Mac fake their deaths. I've been watching ever since

My housemate and I were talking about this the other day and he said that the fact they are awful people is the whole point. It's so you don't feel too sorry for them and enjoy their misfortunes. Like watching instant karma play out..

I like the one one about welfare and crack.

Ask them if they watch GoT.

The characters on Seinfeld weren't good people.
you're right about that being the point

Frank's Pretty Woman.
If your friends don't think a dead hooker in the hallway with Pretty Woman playing on top isn't the tightest shit they won't like the show.

Yeah, it's pretty apparent when you watch the show. It's a bunch of awful people getting their comeuppance episode after episode. No one likes them other than each other, and they barely like each other, they're all poor and stupid, and they're all frustrated by petty shit all the time.

>watching a show starring people that Shill for Hill
Your friends are right on this one.

Same episode I recommend every time we bro up in these threads

The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award

Barring a few exceptional instances, Charlie is not a bad person. I would hang out with him and huff paint any day of the week. Huff paint and bash rats together, sign me up.

this one

>ending the night with a prime can of cat food & a jolly game of Nightcrawlers all to the serenade of 1,000 stray cats

The episode that hooked me in was "Mac Is a Serial Killer", you could try that.

The Gang Buys a Boat could also be a good one, I started watching the series after seeing the "implication" bit on YouTube.

>Oh you guys didn't like this episode? Well watch this one!
>You didn't like that one either? Hmm... I know just which one!
>No? Well shit, let me ask ym friends on Sup Forums which episode will force you to like the thing I like and you clearly don't.

>"We've sent you the forms before. But they always come back covered in urine, fecal matter & racial slurs..."
>"Well where am I supposed to jizz, Dennis? This lady would like her drink!"
>"Dennis! The ratio is off, the ratio is off!"
>"I'VE HAD ORGASMS! I'VE HAD TONS OF ORGASMS! I'VE HAD ONE WITH YOUR MOM, DUDE! I WILL STRANGLE YOU! I'LL STICK MY GODDAM THUMB THROUGH YOUR EYE!"
>"This is art!"
"I was locked in the basement so I had spraycans"
>"At least my mom isn't a cigarrete"
>Z's reaction to Charlie's song
>"There is a spider..." immediately Rob loses it
>"Is that the signal? Are we spitting?"

>someone has never seen an episode before
>start them off with a meta-episode
Jesus, why?

In terms of laughter to not laughter ratios, this is one of the best

They don't need a backstory, this is a non-procedural comedy

I saw season 1 and never understood what was so funny about it. Not that I disliked it or anything though. Can you try to explain what's so good about it?

Agree shits not funny if you don't know Dee's a bird and why a toe knife is so great.

I use Flowers for Charlie or The gang gets trapped as an intro.

If I recommend anything to my friends, even if it's the Godfather, they won't like it.

They probably don't like me as much I think they do.

People seem to only enjoy things they discover on their own.

I don't have a good answer. The show makes a lot of distasteful jokes funny. How many shows can pull off black face? They kill hookers and steal babies. There are a lot of inside jokes which I always find hilarious. For the longest time I did not know why Dee is a bird until I watched all seasons twice. Its more of a cult show you either love or don't get it.

>despicable, unlikable characters
>ugly as fuck characters, especially Dee
>All have faces that are just asking to be punched
>Stupid situations where the gang acts egotistical (read:the plot of EVERY single episode)
>Danny dejewto
>le edgy comedy
>Charlie "BY THE WAY GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD ME SCREAMING IN MY ALREADY ANNOYING VOICE" Day

Yeahh I wonder why no one likes this show... I legitimately don't know if all the praise on here is trolling

My GF hates this show, but she also hates being alone with me out on a boat with no one around for miles and that smelly mattress. It's not like anyone is going to get hurt, but I can stay out there all night if I wanted to.

do you pay a girl with meth to get her to pretend she is your gf?

hi tumblr

maybe How I Met Your Mother is more your speed.

You're mom's love is not pretending
-Mom's BF

Jersey Shore
Thunder Gun Express

jokes on you fagget, I want her to be happy

Okay. Sorry for not liking a show that has unrealistic situations where the characters react in the most edgy way as its only selling point

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!

>comedy show is unrealistic

color me surprised.

"Frank retires"
Showed to my brother, and he was litterally rolling around laughing when they showed the scene where they try to take blood from Frank.

"The gang solves the gas-crisis"

Really good episode that shows the formula of dumb ideas that goes way overboard.

"The gang gives an extreme makeover?"

Not sure about the title, but about the one where they decide to give the mexican family an extreme makeover from their house.

And
"The waitress gets married"
Just because of the "i am serial-rapist working with kids" scene.

That's what an autistic person would say

An autistic person would accuse another person to be autistic..

Dunno OP. i was introduced by a housemate and loved it, and introduced a couple of other friends to it after that who also love it

Did not started to watch it before season 8, heard about it, but always thought it was a show about gay peoples life (problably mixed it with another show)

All those autistic doctors out there, left undiagnosed...

any episode from season 1

"Mac Kills His Dad" is pretty great

S01E01 - The Gang Gets Racist

If they don't like that then it's not for them.

>if Charlie rules the world I'll blow myself

>see dee, me and dennis dont get got, we go get

Because it's a Sup Forums show, meaning edgy, subversive legitimately imoressive in structure whereas your friends are likely normie redditors, especially if they like Rick and Morty.