Why do people want to make this man some sort of front figure for the social justice movement by casting him as 007?

Why do people want to make this man some sort of front figure for the social justice movement by casting him as 007?..

He is a great actor, and shouldn't be reduced to some sort of affirmative action victim, in order to please a minority demographic.

EVERYBODY MUST BE REDUCED TO AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION VICTIM YOU FUCKING SHITLORD

People don't want him because he's black you fuck, they want him because he's the best candidate for Bond.

>Why do people want a really good actor to play a character they like
I dont know user. Sometimes I just dont know.

if he was the best candidate he'd be white. like the character is white.

Ronald Béchamel and Jamal Bond were always black. read the fucking books shitlord!!!1

Even uglier and less charismatic than Daniel Craig.

Bond is white and scottish.

Everything else is changing the narrative with the sole purpose of pleasing SJW.

He's actually said that while he'd like to be Bond he'd turn it down if they only cast him for his skin colour

He is too old for Bond. Bond is a dumbass in the books, he would live to be this old.

>Jamal Bond fucks a different little boy every movie

Why the fuck can't he just be a different agent in the same agency? I'd gladly watch that and the SJW's would be less triggered.

>Idris Elba

What's the point? Just get Patterson Joseph.

Then again, Elba is "le popular black man" so he'd get it regardless. He could turn up drunk, smoking pot, naked, with needles covering his arms and he'd still get it.

The funnies thing is? He's going to get it. They've already set up They've already basically gone "Fuck the source material" with the Stephen King novel, but the even stranger thing is he's playing a white racist... but he's black. So how does that work?

The best thing is? It's OK to replace historically white characters with blacks, but it isn't OK to replace historically black characters with whites.

yeah i've said this before about "jane bond" as well, just make 008 a woman, you could even say it's part of a cinematic universe and have cameo from the current james bond actor.

Bond is white. Having him played by a black actor is blackwashing. It's as if you hired a white actor to play an old Egyptian kang.

Jews aren't people, silly

>craig
>bond

>Scottish

No he isn't. He's based on 4 or 5 real life people Fleming met during his WW2 career. All of which were English. His brother, a guy with an Irish name but who was born in London, another guy born in London and another guy born in London.

Bond is not Scottish in any of the novels to the best of my knowledge, he refers to himself as British, not Scottish. The film adaptions just made him one of each essentially, but he's been played by mostly Scots and English.

Bond is not black period. He is a white fucking male.

If negroes or women want to see a black or female secret agent, then why not just fucking make an original character?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They can cast him as James Bond when a white man gets cast as Shaft

Because the chances an OC DO NUT STEEL character doing well in the box offices is incredibly small. However, if you make a change to an established franchise/character, then people will go and see it regardless of their political views or opinions on the change, simply so they can shitpost about it online, or because they're knee deep into the fandom.

It's why Thor became a woman. Star Wars did well. Etc.

Just a quick question?

Did you eat paint chips as a kid and did you live under power lines?

My black guy feels exactly, op. I'd rather they just make a new property entirely than ride off Bond's coattails.

Bond is not Scottish.

The film portrayal of Connery made Fleming change the original depiction. Plus made Fleming give Bond family background. By your logic, Bond is Swiss because of his mother.

>Bond isn't Scottish even though Fleming retconed him into a Scotsman.

I really like Idris, but he's a literal cuck. I cannot sanction Bond being played by a cuckold. I just can't.

They did. It was called XxX and XxX : State of the Union and it was ghetto cringe at best

skincolor is of no importance for the role.

i dont care

He didn't. Not even after the retcon. He gave him Scottish accent, but that means nothing as any suitably young child can pick up a accent without being born in the area. My mate moved to Scotland at 16 and he picked up an accent in 3 years.

Bond does not have a birth date in canon, nor does he have a birth location to the best of my knowledge. His dad was born in Scotland and his mother born in Switzerland.

It doesn't say where Bond was born, he could have been born in Switzerland and moved to UK, therefore being Swiss. Or born in Wales, making him Welsh. Or born in London and being English.

He is, always was, always has been, based on a group of ENGLISHMEN. That was the original creation. The retcon was to give him humour, but there is no evidence anywhere that he was born in Scotland, only that he has a partial Scottish accent.

Please do some simple research before replying to me again.

So, you'd be totally cool with a historically black person being white? That's pretty cool of you user. I can't wait for 12 Years a Slave to actually be about the Irish slaves.

It only did well to begin with because people liked the charming white British agent archetype. They're literally forfeiting money for political reasons, it makes no sense.

BioPic of LeBron James starring Seth Rogan when?

Daniel Craig was nothing at all like Bond and people still went to those movies for some reason.

Ian Flemming changed Bonds nationality to scottish after Connery's portrayal.

Why not 008?

Fits right.

Bond is Scottish you shut your fucking face and stop whiting out history you fucking hack.

BOND IS WHITE

His looks should be like that of Hoagy Carmichael, who Flemming himself described bond to look like.

SO UNLESS Hoagy FUCKING Carmichael had turned black within his 82 years of life on this planet, HOW THE FUCK WILL YOU MAKE CONNECTION YOU FUCKING LIBERAL PIECES OF SHIT.

only the second one

Not the user you are trolling, but you give an example where the skin color of the character IS related to the actual story.

Bond is a secret agent, and the story keeps getting repeated over and over with tweaks as time goes on. So secret agent shit set in 2017 or later does not require any specific race, as it's not historical fiction. You are just used to seeing it played by white guys.

Now if you wanted to tell the story of King Henry the eighth and changed his ethnicity, THEN you'd have a reason to care.

So shut the fuck up already.

I'm disappointed with you guys.

WE

This is playing out like a Chappelle show skit:

"What if James Bond Was Black"

How about it's like the one where Sean Connery turns into an Asian but instead of has to infiltrate a gang of Syrian refugees and when he's undercover he is played by Idris Elba.