“I thought about it for a very long time. I was seriously thinking about this for years. It kept eating at me...

>“I thought about it for a very long time. I was seriously thinking about this for years. It kept eating at me, and I really respect those girls. And then I started to feel like if I didn’t do this movie, maybe somebody would write a bad review thinking there was some sort of disapproval [on my part].”

>Murray went on to tell Kimmel that he has seen the new Ghostbusters. Giving it his seal of approval, he said, “When you see the film, and you’ll delight in [it], it sort of rumbles along in the beginning. You’re going, ‘Oh God, are they going to pull this thing off?’

>“There’s a lot on the plate – there’s a lot of expectation. [But] Danny and I, and Annie and Ernie, were just screaming, cheering like we were at a sporting event at the end of it.”

how bad were they going to sue him, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0YexsRCPc
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704
youtube.com/watch?v=3uSj0NJe9Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are we pretending to love the original ghostbusters again? Ok.

>maybe somebody would write a bad review thinking there was some sort of disapproval [on my part]
So that's the only thing they care about.

Imagine how much they paid him to shill it on Kimmel

$1m?

>As originator of the original
So this.... is the power... of marketing.....
I hope nothing bad happens to Bill after this

You dont like Ghostbusters? Its a classic man. Its up there with The Goonies, E.T., Vacation.... Come on dude.

I guess Sony were going to fucking annihilate him.

Bill Murray's reaction @ 0:39 says it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0YexsRCPc

Why were they on Kimmel and not Jimmy Fallon?

I would guess $5m or more.

Well of course. He is starring in the film so technically he should promote it.

Not the whole tour the world promotion type but at least not saying it's shit

Did he read that statement from a piece of paper?

Holy shit, that's amazing. He looks dead inside.

>>“There’s a lot on the plate – there’s a lot of expectation. [But] Danny and I, and Annie and Ernie, were just screaming, cheering like we were at a sporting event at the end of it.”
Who the fuck is Annie?

I watched it as a kid and was entertained. Groundhogs Day really is good and made be like Murray.

Bill murray is a kino connoisseur he is the one who made "Rushmore" possible he even paid from his pocket for a shoot wich requiered an helicopter

Bill Murray is based

I love how they cut a little too early so you can see the exact moment they go from completely emotionless to "this is the moment we're on screen and we pretend to laugh".

Kimmel's show is so painfully obvious about it almost makes him actually funny.

wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

>Subject: Ghostbusters/Murray - Litigation Counsel [CONFIDENTIAL]

>In order to more fully evaluate our position if Bill Murray again declines to engage on “Ghostbusters”, AG requested that we identify “aggressive” litigation counsel with whom we can consult to evaluate our alternatives and strategize. [Harkening back to his prior employer, of course, raised the name of David Boies.]

>Personally, while I’m fine with aggressive, I think we are in much worse shape if this goes public so seems to me we should look for someone who isn’t seeking the spotlight.

>Can we discuss at some point soon to provide a suggestion or two?

>Thanks.

ahaahha

I thought that scene was one of those "filmed for Kimmel" skits

but its from the fucking movie... poor acting, writing, directing

Sad!

>I thought that scene was one of those "filmed for Kimmel" skits
Fucking this, I can't believe that shit is actually in the movie. It looked like a skit.

The only people that hate Ghostbusters:
1. Probably have never seen it
2. Are teenagers trying to go against the grain

Oh wow that was
>cocaine
good, yeah smile, good.

He meant Bert

everyone knows about the sony leak, they don't have to lie about it because it isn't fooling anyone

Annie Potts

Holy shit timing on all those lines from the clip.
It's legitimately just a two hour zombie SNL sketch.

>disliking the most disliked film is going against the grain

He has to come out and say this for the millions of uninformed that never even heard of the Sony hacks.

They were going to sue him into poverty, so he goes along. Now they tell him go out and say some nice things and we'll cut you a check. Free money.

They even got her back? Jesus they're trying hard to go LOOK IT REALLY IS GHOSTBUSTERS

>Ghostbusters is the most disliked film
wut

Boy you knows what's really funny in comedy film? Cuts on dialogue in a shot reverse shot set up. That's just hilarious. Boy you can tell Feig really knows how to direct a comedy film and isn't just spending 100 million dollars on improv skits.

>actors having an opinion on a film

a farmer isnt an authority on good food so why should an actor know anything about good movies?

Wait, that's actual dialogue from the movie is it? Right? RIGHT?!?! holy shit that was fucking terrible.

user was referring to the original Ghostbusters

Most disliked movie trailer on youtube.

Bill Murray's face after all those jokes is just priceless.

Can someone PLEASE webm/gif murray shaking his head while all the women are patting themselves on the back

that is hilarious

only us that like to read corporate drama, normies don't care

That's fucking nonsense. Your sick minds have been polluted with crap. Your music, movies, science. Fucking bohemians on hallucinogenic drugs. All that shit has poisoned you. And it has nothing to do with the real world. And I suppose you believe that by eliminating me, you will eliminate control over some fucking artificial reality.

Fuck. You.
youtube.com/watch?v=3uSj0NJe9Gs

Who's AH? I bet it's a jew.

he was talking about the actual ghostbusters movie

This reminds me of when James Cameron approved Terminator Genisys for being true to the series / a proper sequel

>are we pretending to love the ORIGINAL ghostbusters again
Kill yourself.

>I was in utero..and god i laughed

yes but the question was when you saw it, not when it came out you stupid dyke.

>people actually laughing at that shit

I meant AG.

lol
Read this.
Now watch the video again.
You can see Bill feigning as little enthusiasm as possible, because he knows damn well its shit.

>it sort of rumbles along in the beginning. You’re going, ‘Oh God, are they going to pull this thing off?

BASED BILL

CANT FLIM FLAM THE MURRAYMAN

OLD WHITE MEN TELL THE TRUTH

It was a shitty movie and they were cheering at the end because it was over and they could go home

>this scene

goddamn it so fucking simple, how did they fuck it up so badly? Yes it could work, it SHOULD work but its just acted so wrong and missing proper reactions.

youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck

holy fuck

Rushmore is the worst entry in an already middling flickography

I sort of feel sad for McCarthy, because she's genuinely enthusiastic about the original Ghostbusters.
Then again, she's a terrible actor and an even worse comedian, and she willingly works with Feig, so I guess it evens out.

I realized why doesn't work and does.

NONE OF THOSE BITCHES CAN ACT!

Also the music in GB sets the tone while there's so much dead air in that other clip, they're all basically just waiting for their turn to speak and when they do it's not funny.

The only people who avidly defend this sacred fucking cow are fedora man children.

And they're all standing still... its awkward

Bill moves around like he's dancing around that car, he has the definition of charisma

wait men are racist or the movie is racist?

Imagine being Bill Murray....

fucking hell.

this

It's like a fucking highscool play
>Wheez gotsta turn in da body ifs there is ones back der
>awwwwwww wight

the movie is racist because Leslie Jones is stereotypical coon.

having a woman who's 'famous' for being a sassy black woman be a sassy black woman in a movie is racist

Imagine being Bill Murray and seeing your legacy get raped in front of like 100 people by some black chick; of course he's going to damage control.

And you forgot: people who didn't see it when they were young and aren't affected by the nostalgia.

Based old peoples reactions

Youth was a mistake

Tfw hate all those movies. Idk ghostbusters is awkwardly paced with addition of unnecessary black guy towards the end and the ghost designs are tonally inconsistent. Some are cartoony some are sexy some are scary it just feels really off to me

I bet they blackmailed him. There's no way he'd do another Ghostbusters just for money.

Annie Potts resting bitch face is adorable.

He covered that with "teenagers "

was annie potts telling bill how terrible this looks?

>implying Rushmore is worse than Garfield: The Movie, Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties, Osmosis Jones, Space Jam, The Monuments Men and Hyde Park on Hudson

>The new ghostbusters raped my childhood.

Jesus that's almost cruel.

its not funny because they dont seem to get their lines.

like when blonde chick says "i could think of seven uses for a cadaver today" she shouldnt blare it out all excited like a little kid, she is a scientist right? she should say it cold and matter of factly, THEN its a joke!

I thought Osmosis Jones was alright.

>they can control me, they can threaten me, they can make me say all this shit, they can make me laugh... but i will still throw in my little disapproval

>that gay ass pose
Way to get your damn head chopped off you fuckin cliche-lovin faggot

How is it humanly possible to have taste this bad?

>she shouldnt blare it out all excited like a little kid, she is a scientist right?

Well she seems to be playing a "mad" scientist of sorts she built a ghost bear trap even, that's just dumb. and they can't have her play the cold analytical type because then the Egon copying is worse.

So behold, a giggling boot wearing tomboy asskick ghostbuster with her wacky licky guns

>HIs emotionless lifeless voice saying it was only cause i knew these girls were funny
>Barely makes an effort to smile for the jokes
>Literally looks like he wants to kill them all the entire time

This shit is gold

>tonally inconsistent.

its a horror comedy dude, it was supposed to be funny AND scary.

Dan Akroyd - Will fake a smile for the cash
Ernie Hudson- Just glad to be back in the spotlight
Annie Potts - There for the money
Bill Murray - Obviously has a gun pointed at him

Actually that was a bad example I'm pretty sure the blonde one is suppised to be an excentric mad scientist type. There was another scene where she licked a tazer to make sure it had a charge

Side note I can tell kaye McKinnons character is the only one that will be remotely interesting

he only laughs when kristen looks at him

Hey wait, isn't Sigourney Weaver in this too? Where's her lanky long back at?

that fucking face says it all

also didnt the black guy like not even get into the credits in the first movie? maybe it was the video game or something, just remember James Rolfe talking about it.

So wait, Janice is in there and not Sigourney? Did she dodge a bullet and it isn't in the remake?

Ii can't wait anymore

i want to see the shitstorm this movie will start

i can almost feeling it, pure failure

read somewhere that she wanted the movie to feel like the cartoons and she was really happy to be a part of it until things started shooting

Maybe she has better Jew lawyers?

I'm going to buy a ticket for it if it means more chaos

he almost himself morphs into a jew in the last frame...

fatty looking around the back row to make sure everyone is laughing towards the end really grinds my gears

It'll make 100 mil.

Easy.

It's got the same "you go girl" crowd sex in the city and bridesmaids had.

summer comedies have been bombing hard this year, and this one's budget is over 150 mil

Weaver is in the movie according to the leak. She plays Wiggs mentor or something.