/dgg/ - death grips general

gp > notm

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/You
youtube.com/watch?v=GpwSJCmSUFE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

objectively true

death grips is shit ya know

I love the oriental synths on Bitch Please. Might be my favorite song on The Money Store.

it's their best song t b h

their opening tracks get much worse with each new release while their closers get better. I don't know why that is.

>dislikes the opener on bp
>likes the closer

beware is miles ahead

bump grips

>he doesn't like Blood Creepin
wtf user I thought we were past this

ya know what else is shit?

encyclopediadramatica.se/You

Blood Creepin is L I T E R A L L Y the only DG song I can't get into. And I mean literally.

I like the synths on it; they give it a tense, surreal atmosphere. The vocals help with the anxious and ominous feeling. I get why people shit on it though, since it's hard to look past the WHOAWHOAOWHOAOWHOA

I've been dying to listen to Jenny Death again after a short while. I listened to On GP over and over again last night and felt like a full listen through of the album was in order.

That fucking song though. The whole album is so good too, though.

it's the funniest song in their catalogue

>the drum roll in On GP

Also, Exmilitary and Jenny Death are god-tier. All other DG albums are varying levels of good-to-great.

Exmilitary in particular is more or less flawless.

NOTM is flawless
Exmilitary is flawed, since it has lots of cringy lines
NOTM > Exm > the rest

>Exmilitary is flawed, since it has lots of cringy lines
It still has some of the best lyricism out of any DG release.

>Beware
>Lord of the Game
>Spread Eagle Cross the Block
>Culture Shock
>I want it I need it

>Lord of the Game
>Spread Eagle Cross the Block
>Culture Shock
>I want it I need it
>some of the best lyricism out of any DG release
lol

>>Culture Shock
>>I want it I need it

BITCH

Favourite Ride lines? Mine is
>tongue cut out the mouth of reason and chucked off the rivers edge

>My Godzilla's epoxy primered
>I can't feel your ego, shiner

>Pervin' while them clutch the BOTTOM
>FEEDERS suck like stuck in Stockton

>I’ll jail break ADX with a blank tarot card
>Same card pull your hoe card like Zoltar

>Broke off its axis, polar shifted granite
>Knock made ta off every last bitch on this planet

>Eons beyond the line never crossed
>By them punks livin' soft while I ride that bomb
>Dr. Strangelove, into the sun, look no hands, megatons

>Hole in this platinum ship of fools, nomadic rule, concept, no rules
>Mobile shrine of this destitute wasteland mute

>In this atmos, fuck atlas, my ego palms planets
>FUCK YOU, yeah yeah, it's that fuck you

>volcano pussy melt your peter like ice

WHAT UP WHAT UP WHAT UP

I I I I

UGH UGH UGH UGH

The Money Store>Jenny Death>Exmilitary>Bottomless Pit> NLDW>NOTM>GP
Don't try to argue

I just read the Rap Genius annotation for "My Godzilla's epoxy primered" and now it might just be my favorite lyric of all time.

World of Dogs fucking sucks.

The growly chorus synth is what ruins it.

It's actually pretty good, as are all songs on NLDW

how can one opinion be so wrong

one of the few dg songs i can confidentially say i hate. i skip it whenever i listen to NLDW

Most underrated song?

face melter or centuries of damn

Bootleg

the drop on that song is the most captivating moment on GP even though it's my least favorite song on that album

I also agree with this post

youtube.com/watch?v=GpwSJCmSUFE
0:55

I really want to make a 10 minute loop of that part alone

GP as a whole is very underrated, its my second favorite DG album behind NOTM.

Has anybody taken LSD and listened to Death Grips?

Saw them live at the roundhouse tripping off my head, was religious especially with the bright red lights

Religious?

I understand the exmillitary bit, that album flows unbelievably well, and ride paints his character so fucking good.

I'll go so far as to rate what I interpret each album (that I've looked in depth to)

Exm is about the character that ride portrays, all the samples are based off of his delivery, the drums follow his grooves, and each track describes from a different point of view what this character is.

TMS is sort of like Death Grips saying that they're here, and that they're the future, while still keeping in tact this scene set by exmillitary as the instrumentals still follow ride and what he's saying.

NLDW could be considered the end of this trilogy, it seems to be the last relatable to the previous two (fuck the grips ep). The beats are ride centric, but to the point where the most substantial thing about each song is ride, which gives him much more room for the lyrically dense and almost story telling deliveries he gives.

GP seems to flip flop, now ride is following the beat, and is more raw feeling led than lyrically led, most of what he says feels like nonsense, and ends up just feeling like another instrument used, which is incredible for the buildups and the repetitive structures on this album

NOTM needs a little bit more listens, same with JD, but I consider them part of the second trilogy.

Bottomless pit, while sharing quite a lot of similarities with it's predecessors, is in a large way quite different than them in attitude. The production feels like a constant struggle between ride and the instrumentation, but when either one breaks out on it's own it gains much more momentum than expected, matching up with the loss of control, lack of caring, weird, and direct lyrics and delivery.

Also I know I sound like an autist.

Why don't you listen to it then?

UP MY SLEEVES
UP MY SLEEVES
UP MY SLEEVES
UP MY SLEEVES