Any good films about Ancient Astronauts...

Any good films about Ancient Astronauts? Seems like a cool historical event to base a film around but I can't think of any

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V16K6yMWprk
youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's an absurd theory based on New Age pseudo religion

>absurd
>he hasn't seen all evidence

Prometheus

2001 Space Odyssey

Prometheus

Alien vs Predator

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I can't think of any more.

Stargate

Star Wars

Stargate

All others are shit in comparison

All that evidence is pretty much fake

There's an entire series based around it. Battlestar Galactica

Stargate

>being this pleb

>No one posts the Fifth Element

Buncha plebs in here

yes yess good goy, don't question it

>"According to Spengler, one of the phenomena that consistently accompanies the terminal phase of a civilization is the "second religiosity." On the fringes of structures of barbaric grandeur - rationalism, practical atheism, and materialism - there spring up sporadic forms of spirituality and mysticism, even irruptions from the super-sensible, which do not indicate a re-ascent but are symptoms of decay. Their expressions no longer take their stamp from the religion of the origins, from the severe forms inherited from the dominating elites who stood at the center of an organic and qualitative civilization (this being exactly what I call the world of Tradition). In the phase in question, even the positive religions lose any higher dimension; they become secularized, one-dimensional, and cease to exercise their original functions. The "second religiosity" develops outside them - often even in opposition to them - but also outside the principal and predominant currents of existence, and signifies, in general, a phenomenon of escapism, alienation, and confused compensation that in no way impinges seriously on the reality of a soulless, mechanistic, and purely earthly civilization. [...] One might also use an expression of Aldous Huxley, who speaks of a "self-transcendence downwards" as opposed to a "self-transcendence upwards."

Schindler's list

Airbud

Army Dog 2: It Ain't Mars

This desudesu Also
>The End of Evangelion

SG1

Sure, you may not think it is a film. Sure it is in the form of a 10 season long tv series. But if you don't sit down and watch it in one sitting, like you would a film, then you are a total pleb.

This is now a stargate thread.

>what is Stargate and how do I watch all seasons of it and Atlantis.

The original Stargate film. Beautiful. Home run.

Supposed to be 3 movies, but he lost the damn rights to the TV studio & walked away from it. Roland emmerich has been talking again about rebooting the films to do them as he originally wanted to.

lol so true

Just when you think daniel in sg1 becomes unbearable, they hit you with Stargate Atlantis, and this fucking obnoxious motherfucker

I've seen it all, name one thing that supports that stupid meme.

Well there's the film version of Chariots of the Gods.

But then just when McKay has you trowing heavy objects at ur tv, they hit you with Stargate Universe and the entire show is unbearably obnoxious.

>Roland emmerich has been talking again about rebooting the films to do them as he originally wanted to.
You mean delete the TV franchise and make his films full of awful CGI?

Becuase that's all he's done in the last 10 years or more .

That cinematic abortion should have been pushed down a long flight of stairs and lit on fire.

Yep.

Pretty much.

Y'all Niggers need to watch Immortel -

youtube.com/watch?v=V16K6yMWprk

>Historical Event
Stargate. But what the fuck?

This+Dubs

>the entirety of the Egyptian Pyramid Texts

STARGATE

>historical event

when it comes to aliens and ancient astronauts 80s documentaries are better than any movie that deals with those subjects

What did you just say? Shol'va!

>""""""evidence""""""

>(((evidence)))

>implying astronauts aren't ancient

explain that cave painting with the guy in a spaceship then

You're better of reading a book like Chariots of Fire if you're actually interested.

My mistake, Chariots of the Gods.

>Seems like a cool historical event to base a film around but I can't think of any
are you fucking kidding op? is this bait? are you retarded? Hollywood has been pushing ancient aliums for years, its a shitty cliched trope

>evidence

It's probably discussed and debunked here:

youtu.be/j9w-i5oZqaQ

jews like it because its a subtle way of saying "all religious people are stupid" and you know the jews like undermining traditional family christian values

what evidence? misrepresentation of archeology, begging the question, dismissing any expert opinion as biased, outright lying, and decided that abstract primitive art must show what you want to see in it - in which case then Edvard Munchs The Scream must show an alien

stargate, emmerich is big on pseudo science alternative history

>Prometheus
>Good
Yeah. Nah. Ura cunt.

>Jews are pushing it , but they also don't want you to believe it

Saw it, it isn't.

you mean the scrolls and tablets that refer to huge sums of grain being purchased from far and wide and transported across the empire to feed the workers?
the scrolls and tablets that refer to work gangs moving across the empire?
the scrolls and tablets that refer to granite being mind and shipped from distance lands to harbors especially built for them on the red sea?
you mean Herodotus Histories written in aprox. 400 BC with access to records now lost that explains how the Egyptians moved the blocks to the site and mechanical devices that raised them into position?

Proponents of the "ancient astronaut" theory are usually atheists that promote extraterrestrial intervention in human history as a secular alternative explanation to traditional religions.

If anything these hacks make Atheists look stupid.

Everything Sup Forums says about Jews since forever.

What fantastically bullet-proof evidence of Ancient Aliens exists, but isn't in that documentary?

I'm actually really interested in finding out.

Harlan Ellison got into a fight with a Paramount executive during the development of the Star Trek Motion Picture when the guy suggested as a possible plot idea ancient aliens building the Pyramids, he argued it would be appealing due to the recently published chariots of the gods book

Wasn't there an artsy fartsy black and white movie that came out last year or so that was about this? Man my memory is getting worse every day.

>tfw genuinely getting old

thats the first I've heard of this

In my experience its a) conspiracy theorists b) new age alternative weirdos
Jewish conspiracies typically get thrown in at some point too

Fascism is very caught up with the idea of regaining a lost golden age

I did some googling and the movie I was talking about was Hard to Be a God. I didn't watch but apparently humans are the ancient aliums in it.

Basically this is their answer to the question about how old as shit civilization built and depicted crap like the Maoi or those Nazca lines.
The attack on religon doesn't dismiss the claims though.

Chariots of the Gods? was pubbed in the 70s but didn't get to America because the writer had a Nazi background.

yeah it did, merika was where it really picked up

and von daniken was born in 1935 wtf nazi background could he have?

whats the deal with people who believe in alternative history theories and making things up?!

My bad. Utermann, the publisher, had a background to a NatSoc German newspaper and this was controversial.