What is your favorite TV season of all time?

What is your favorite TV season of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/nfzpodcast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only correct answer is Married with Children season 2

Mad Men Season 4

Season 4 of The Wire.

Sopranos Season 4

Sopranos Season 6 Part I & Part II

Sopranos season 6B or season 5

>not 5

I've never hated a character more than I hated Megan in this episode.

>two guys beating another who is on the ground, for a matter of money
>a ugly pig talking to a psy

never past further than ten mn of the first ep of season one of this. US garbage.

Lost season 1

Boardwalk Empire. S3

Deadwood

Cocksucker.

Mad Men 4, 5, or 6. Can't decide which. They're all good for completely different reasons.

>look at how retarded I am everyone
>I don't even know how to use proper sentences
>I don't even know how to greentext either

Sopranos season 6

Sopranos Season Six I would say is objectively the best, but it is so fucking dark and miserable that I have trouble enjoying it at times.

I would almost have to say Season 3 is more enjoyable.

Season 5

Mad Men season 5, between that and The Wire season 4

Sorry to say I can't even think of any season of The Sopranos to consider. I'd like to say it's because they're all worthy contender but really the show had better single episodes /mini-seasonal arcs

Season 6 was better, was so fucking depressing, everything was executed perfectly, everything just collapses, you watched it from the beginning and it all goes to shit, his uncle becoming a vegetable. was the most immersive show i have watched to date

Yeah, for me it takes the cake for most well-crafted television series of all time. But damn is it a miserable experience.

Every episode is like a punch to the gut.

the first episodes where he was building his empire were really good, you clinch when something bad is gonna happen and get a good feeling when everything works out, was completely immersive for me.

but watching everything collapse is Season 6 was one of the most fucked up things ive seen, it was as if Tony and I were the ones running the whole gig.

cant think of a worst season, can only think of Best which has to be 6. its a must watch for anyone who likes TV Series. HBO makes the best shows desu

True Detective Season 1

I will go out on a limb and say that Season 1 was the worst Sopranos season. It was too goofy at times and only really became the Sopranos we know and love by the end of the season.

And yes, I completely related with you on how it feels to watch the later Sopranos seasons. Especially every scene with Janice. She started out annoying, and then became a straight up reincarnation of Livia. A black hole. I always felt so sorry for Bobby's children. This horrible women is thrust upon them and they are powerless.

>still no Rome
k

That's what happens when The Sopranos is better than anything else ever made.

Prison break season 1 or Lost 1

i didn't like them at first since it just started out, it felt boring, i actually would have quite if it wasn't for the praise it got from others, so i continued watching and to my amazement it was something spectacular.

these shows always start out boring, look at Breaking Bad and True Detective, they only TRULY shine later on.

also yeah every character was someone i loved and hated a little even Tony. like that part at dinner where Bobby invited him and he kept joking about Janice's Canadian son, she was trying to stay calm but he just joked more intensely till she flipped out.

was one of the moments where i disliked Tony.

it felt like there were no Good Guys or Bad guys, even the New York family who were supposedly the antagonists had some sympathy from me especially since they focused on them a little bit and showed how things played out on their side.

Johnny Sack is probably my second favorite character after Tony, just loved his parts and how well he executed them, made me care about the New York family

I actually thought that True Detective and Breaking Bad started out strong and lost their way later on. Especially Breaking Bad.
The first five or so episodes of True Detective are perfect, and then they go down to just "really good" after that. Breaking Bad turned into MacGyver for me. Always Walt finding a way out of a situation using a skill we previously knew nothing about. Tension was destroyed when we knew he would always unlock an new level of smart to defeat the next boss.

I can't say there is a single genuinely likable character in The Sopranos with the exception of Bobby. It's amazing that such a fantastic and thoroughly engaging series is focused solely on despicable, awful people, yet they manage to find genuine emotion and sympathy at every turn. And yeah, the dinner scene you mentioned is a prime example. Tony is being a huge cunt, especially in front of the kids, yet on the other hand, Janice is sitting there with a family she manipulated her way into, her abandoned son halfway across the country, without a mother. Tony is calling her out on her hypocrisy, but in the end, he is still just a miserable asshole with no friends who ends up alienating everyone around him.

Johnny Sack is shown as pragmatic and cold. A real smart, calculating man. The second he is put in charge as boss of New York, he goes mad. Starts beating people up, ordering hits left and right, real brutal stuff. Made him feel real. Allowing him to be affected by immense pressure.

Yeah have to agree with the Breaking Bad statement, but not on it being an issue, i honestly didn't care about that, i just cared about Walt himself and how he would get out of every situation with some devious plan, but yeah some of his ways of fixing problems were a little ex machina'ish. The Scene where the fixed the RV with the battery made sense, i mean he is a chemist afterall but the exploding crystal in the first season was a little over top, even for a chemist.

also how Jessy would always make some vague idea and Walt would figure out how out a solution (the battery scene and the Magnet Truck for example) made it seem like Jessy was a sidekick.

even despite all of that the show was still awesome imo. True Detective i have just started watching so i cant say much about it.

also do you have any shows you would recommend since it seems we have some similar taste if you watched all three of mentioned. i haven't watched as many shows as most people here on Sup Forums, cant mass download a bunch of shows and watch them due to Limited bandwidth so anything you deem is worth watching?

I actually prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. It's not nearly as over-dramatic, even though I hated how season 2 ended.

Six Feet Under is incredible drama. It can be a slog at points, but it is worth every minute of it.

Deadwood is very good, but it is unfinished due to a cancellation.

I really enjoyed both seasons of Fargo.

Band of Brothers is one of my personal favorites if you are into the whole WWII thing.

You should try your way with the first season of Twin Peaks. See if you like it. It's not for everyone though, but those who enjoy it, really enjoy it. I'm one of those people.

If you are still on a Sopranos kick, I highly recommend doing a rewatch while listening through a podcast called No Fuckin' Ziti. It's two Sopranos fans going through the series one episode at a time, talking about themes, plots, arcs, lack of arcs, characters, hidden theories and meanings, everything. It's really good, even though the first couple of episodes are a bit unfocused as they find their footing.
soundcloud.com/nfzpodcast

yeah ive heard of a bunch of before.

Better Call Saul always gets praised by a friend of mine but didnt look into it much cus i liked Breaking Bad too much to possibly ruin it but might check out now

Six Feet Under looks like a really good show, has a sweet concept, is on the top of my list for shows to download next.

also considered downloading Deadwood since everyone on the /got/ general started freaking out at how Mcshane was wasted on one episode despite his amazing performance in Deadwood

yeah Fargo seems really good, have also considered downloading that soon.

Band of Brothers has really struck my curiosity ever since i saw it at the top of IMDb's list of best rated TV Shows. is it really as good as they say? also does it have some connection to Saving Private Ryan? also i dig pretty much any atmosphere as long as its executed good

Twin Peaks is new for me. haven't heard it before, will look into it

also i never really looked into the Sopranos and its meanings much aside from the ending and bunch of Italian words they spout around, might check the podcast out but rewatching a show of 1 hour episodes will need a ton of time

thx for the list though, many of these look promising, Band of Brothers in particular since its so praised everywhere i go that i cant find a single person who hates it

>i give a thuck

Band of Brothers was made in part by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks after the success of Saving Private Ryan. There is no thematic connection.

It's the greatest miniseries ever made. Definitely check it out

Six Feet Under season 5

i knew it had something similar to Saving Private Ryan. yeah gonna check it out, too bad all the links are x264, 5-6 GB for a miniseries had better be worth it

Fargo season 2 is the perfect tv season

Your reddit is leaking
an appropriate Sup Forums answer would be either deadwood season 2, mad men season 5 or sopranos season 6/4/3

Telekino at its very finest.

Season 1 will never be surpassed.

>22 episodes
>Nothing even got close to being filler
>Edge of your seat tension all the way

The OC season 1

LOST season 2, that or Battlestar Galactica Season 1

Yall niggas need more Jack Bauer in your life.
this nigga gets it

How i met your mother season 3
I'm not even joking

Shield 7
Sopranos 5
LOST 5
Deadwood 2
Fargo 2

Avatar season 2 was a near perfect run.

Actually i switch to this.

its a really intriguing show, every episode theres something new. story sucked ass but the skits and random shenanigans made up for it

yeah i agree, Season 2 was pretty fun too.

the Panama prison ordeal was not as fun and Season 4 just went of the rails and became somthing that had nothing to do with the previous seasons

This

I enjoyed it to some extent all the way up to episode 12 of season 4. Then it just went full retard

it gradually got worse imo, but yeah some point around where you mentioned the show got awful and just became a chore to finish it off and see the ending.

also the Sara imprisonment final Movie style episode was just weird, fun to watch but just weird.

wonder how Prison Break 2 is gonna be

That's so weird I've been binge watching the sopranos for the past two weeks and I finally got to the fifth season a few days ago and stopped for no good reason. Thanks

I'm hyped. After all the stupid shit they pulled in the second half of season 4, I'm perfectly fine with Michael being alive.

what sucks is that they are gonna brink Paul Kellerman back, would be better if he remained dead, was an excellent finish for him imo but they keep doing this.

Killing someone then bringing him bakc.

even despite the bullshit im hyped as well, gotta give it to the directors, they managed to fit just enough bullshit to make the show watchable

Yeah, he should have remained dead. Bringing him back in the finale and make him congressman or whatever was some top tier bullshit.

how good is this show? the concept sounds fantastic but is it good? non stop fast paced action?

Overall it's great. It gets ridiculous some times and there's filler nearly every season, but absolutely worth it. Not just action, but some good drama too.

>I will go out on a limb and say that Season 1

Wack em