1.3 billion people

>1.3 billion people
>2 (two) medals

What went wrong?

Now, I know they're not the richest country around, but shouldn't they have way more medals due to sheer population?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36941269
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit infrastructure, corrupt governments, sporting is seen as a waste of time and kids are forced to study instead. Really no incentive to be a sportsperson unless you're a cricketer and even then you ain't worth shit if you don't play for the national team.

India is a 3rd world shithole where a majority of people are strugglin to make a living. People here just cannot afford to dedicate themselves to a sport as its not gonna make them money. There's also this shitty mindset of the people here that being a doctor or an engineer is the only career choice. Heck, there's a popular saying here that goes "people do engineering first and then decide what they want to do with their life".

I don't see us becoming even an average sporting nation unless the mindset of the people here changes.

You couldn't even place in the 20k racewalk? That's a morning commute for half your country.

Because population doesn't determine medal count. We're better than all of you and you need to just go ahead and accept it already.

w-wow I'm sorry man
I didn't expect this brutal honesty, desu. I hope it gets better for you ;_;
this thread isn't about you

Sorry about the shit quality but this pic perfectly describes what is wrong with us.

IIT-JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam. This thing is responsible for killing thousands of dreams every year. I myself is a victim of this faggotry. Wanted to be a painter, ended up becoming a half assed IT engineer. Kek

How many times are we going to have this same thread?

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36941269

All the east asians countries have exams like this yet still get gold medals. That sounds like a poor excuse.

>and even then you ain't worth shit if you don't play for the national team.
there are guys earning millions in the IPL who will never play for the NT

wasn't it because all the children have parasites in their intestines? So they aren't actually grown fully like they should, and all that is because the lack of hygiene they have.

>I have to work with these people

I wish you were a painter too.

How many medals is that poo crapita? Even us Irish got two medals and our biggest sports aren't in this.

In India's defence, if cricket was in the Olympics, they'd probably medal and it's their biggest sport by a long way, in a way that isn't even comparable with baseball or NFL.

East asian parents don't force their kids to apply for such exams. You still have the freedom of choosing your career. My Korean friend told me that his parents never forced him to go to university, they just wanted him to strive to be the best in whatever field he chose to work in.

Most Indians don't get that choice. This year itself, 530k students competed for just 9000 seats in IITJEE. Many of these students start preparing before they even enter high school or 10th grade.

Don't know about the guys you're working with but I was sent to Korea for a year by Samsung and did pretty well compared to most of the employees there.

>530k participants
>9k places
Dude why are Indian universities still so abysmal if they can be so selective for their students.

Like 80% of indian childern are stunted so yeah.

>if cricket was in the Olympics, they'd probably medal
would they? if cricket were an olympic sport, it would be t20. india didn't even make the final of the last t20 world cup

Something like 80% of east asians are near sighted because they study all day and never exercise. India isnt the only country with exam culture and frankly ive read studies that show half your teachers dont even show up to class and the students only go for the free lunches. The majority of indians are not particularly studious.

It's because they're too busy raping children before hanging them from the nearest tree.

For all the effort spent on IT and Engineering it's a shame that nobody in the west holds India in any esteem in these fields.

IITs are pretty good though desu. Sundar Pichai graduated from one.
There's private universities that are pretty good too. The reason India has a reputation for having shit tier engineers is because there's just so many trash colleges which train studenta into becoming trash professionals.
Fun fact: I went to the same university that Microsoft's CEO and Nokia's former CEO graduated from.

You know that isn't true.

>he went to IIT
>still shitposts on spee
wew

Engineers are engineers senpai. Doesn't matter whether you go to IIT or some random college named after a politician.
Besides, I couldn't crack IIT.

Idian universities barely appear in the ranks though, while somehow all the Indians knew my Dutch university (good business school brother!) when I was there

Lel for you bro. You must be rich bought to study in Manipal thought
I went to an IIT and still shitpost