Final game of Summer Koshien starting in the next few minutes. Get in here

Final game of Summer Koshien starting in the next few minutes. Get in here.
asahi.com/koshien/

one inning finished already, hope youre watching, they play fast in japan.

who are our boys here?

we got Hokkai with their stud pitcher who is also a killer batter that got a 2RBI in the previous game. They also have a secret weapon in 9th batting position who's been failing bunts the whole tournaments but now the whole roster is pulling busters.

On Sakushin we got Obama pitching (OP image) who is god tier speed pitcher with tons of variations and his team of scrappy fighters.

That's a big crowd for a HS tournament.

>no cheerleaders

They aren't as cute as in my animus

My prefecture is shit and always gets knocked out early ;_;

Onishi is getting rough up.

it's the biggest sporting event of the year in japan
more popular than any pro games

>Obama, the worst batter on the team bats in a run
>stud moved to the outfield
DESTROYED

Does reaching Koshien really mean you got it made in pro baseball?
I've only read about it in Mitsuru Adachi manga and it it feels like he over exagerrates its importance.

every ighschool baseball manga tends to revolve around koshien and mentions it in that sense and summer koshien really is the biggest sporting event in the japanese calendar so i dont think its an exaggeration. there's really no notable college baseball in japan so they go straight from highschool to pros.

If you are the star player on a team that goes deep in the tournament you will have a great chance at the pros. But if you are just a starter on a regular team it won't be easy. A lot of Japanese pro players became really famous from their Koshien performances though.

both of the teams in this finals btw are schools that often appear in the koshien finals, they're schools very much focused around their baseball teams like many universities and colleges are in other countries/sports. it's not unexpected that many of the players on these teams went out of their way to go to these schools to further a baseball career.

Yeah you can choose your high school here, so if you are really good at baseball in junior high school (there is a nationwide tournament for them as well) you will get recruited by the top baseball high schools.

>being allowed to play music while the action is happening

disrespectful

easily one of the best parts, every batter has a theme

>not bringing a drum to the game

Fucking love the Summer Koshien

The only other similar event I can think of (super popular amateur tournament) would be March Madness with NCAA basketball, but even then that is college level and not high school like this.

Why are they both allowed to wear white uniforms?

One looks creamier than the other.

because theyre highschool teams that only have one uniform

>Hillary cap

>hillary cunton hat
Japan has become a lost cause

So its Hokkai vs. ???

>that slider

good lord

Barack Obama

sock sheen galkween

>sliding in first

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>sliding into first
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Baseball here is all about grit

Speaking of grit, are there pitch limits to HS pitchers? or do they leave them there until their arm falls off?

So where are these two teams from?

agreed, ive seen it so many times at koshien....i think they just want some koshien dirt on their shirt for good luck or soemthing.
in a game a few days ago a guy slid way too early for zero reason and then got hurt when the pitch to first struck his elbow.

he made it home so the dirt must've worked

Damn, that was a nice DP

No strict pitch limits
Tochigi and Hokkaido

Sakushin looks really good. Are they a traditional powerhouse?

i think they both are.

10 years ago a kid threw almost a thousand pitches in two weeks and 300 in the final two days.

>wanting a TJ that bad

japan pls

From what I know, schools from the cities tend to win most of the tournaments.

>leadoff batting .190

Sakushin's pitcher is throwing gas.

Yeah baseball here is stuck in the 1970s, especially in high school.

a week back earlier in the tournament a team gave up a ton of runs early on and the coach moved the ace pitcher to the outfield for the rest of the game like Hokkai is doing right now, not even bringing him back in for the final inning of what looks to be the last inning of their Koshien run.
that team had a turnaround win in the final inning earning like 6 runs, most definitely so their ace could have another chance. (they lost in the next round)

It seems to me that a lot of Japanese pitchers get hurt when they come over and play in the Majors. Guys like Darvish, Fujisawa, Matsuzaka, etc.

it's like his fourth game in a row pitching the entire thing, i believe in him.

Just hang a breaking pitch and let them hit a fly ball. It isn't going over the fence apparently. Reminds me of the College World Series ever since they moved to the downtown ballpark in Omaha.

Maeda has been pretty decent he hasn't injured himself yet.

Also everyone weighs like 65 kgs

Yet. I hope Ohtani stays healthy when he comes over here.

Shohei Otani is the real deal, he even has 18 HR so far this season.

Are there any rules for the metal bats in Japan? Here in America, there are for high school and college to have them toned down.

It's not much different than high school football in America. Boys are willing to wreck their bodies for social capital.

I think so, I remember reading something about new rules for the bats for safety reasons a while back.

Looks like Sakushin's got this.

i saw stud's heart break in real time as he struck out.

wtf

Do they have cute manangers like in my animes?

>game ending caught stealing

too much grit

now for the singing and crying and dirt being piled in bags

>stealing third when you're down a bunch
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>air raid siren
Looks like we're not done yet boys

Sakushin gakuin

Congratulations !

The only way that ending could have been any more Japanese was if it was a bunt.

yes

YATTA YATTA YATTA

Do we get a one shining moment type montage at the end?

there was one about ten minutes ago
we're on to closing statements before the teams get to scoop up that delicious koshien dirt

oh we're getting another for the whole tournament

that was fun

Hope to see at least one of them in 6 years over here

was it like in my chinese cartoons?

did the pitcher and his rival battle it out?

did he have an injury he pitched through?

did he pitch a 160kmh ball to win a girls heart?

what happened?

yup all that and more happened.