Why do people hate this album again? Cause its a solid 8.5 to me

Why do people hate this album again? Cause its a solid 8.5 to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd only give it a 6-7 but no reason to hate it

This album is a solid 9 for sure

It's popular.

Because it's normie music. Really good normie music, don't get me wrong, but still an album that liking means you lose hipster cred so it's not as well liked here.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI

this guy is goat.

I see Sup Forums saying this better than Demon days all the time, and I can't hate it because Gorillaz got me into music

It's a liquid 8.5 in my opinion.

literally this gorrilaz expanded my mid and molded it to an experimental human being and not being that one fag that says "i like everything but country music"

It's a 6.5. I occasionally listen to it because it makes me semi-nostalgic

op here and FUCK THATS WHAT IT IS NOSTALGIA THE ALBUM!

I was never super into Gorillaz and didn't take much of their "aesthetic" into my judgment when I did listen to them. I listened to Plastic Beach a few years ago to try out Gorillaz again and I loved it. I don't see the hate for it other than being normie or whatever. It opens well, has some good hits, transition tracks, and I feel like it closes well. I get too many feels from To Binge.

One of the few albums that made me feel like shit for being a nostalgia fag.

On melancholy hill is patrician as fuck

This and Rhinestone Eyes

There's some filler tracks, Glitter Freeze comes to mind, but overall I think it's a solid album with moments of greatness in tracks like Stylo and Empire Ants

or maybe you are incredibly delusional and retarded and everyone who doesn't like your quirky meme music isn't a ''contratian'', ''tryhard'', ''poseur'', the list goes... hipster

its not good

Because kids that got into music after Gorillaz and Demon Days had already been out for years heard this and thought it was the most amazing, eye-opening album ever recorded. Really it's the weakest album (not counting The Fall) by a good band.

Yeah he's great. seen his frank ocean video?

I loved Gorillaz growing up and Demon Days was the album that really got me into them. When the hype train for this album started I was one of the first guys on it and I couldn't wait for it to come out. Then Stylo got leaked and EMI rushed the album out and you can tell when you compare the tracks to the live studio sessions they do for them that they just weren't finished. The band progressively figured out how to play them well during touring and eventually the songs sounded complete and good but as it is it feels like a poorly produced album because it wasn't fully produced. Look at Rhinestone Eyes compared to the versions they played later on. Pitiful.
Some Kind of Nature is a good track, there's around five really solid tracks on the album. Then you have shit like Sweepstakes, the two openers that drag on and on, Glitter Freeze, White Flag, Superfast Jellyfish. Too many bland, filler tracks that go nowhere.

/thread

im about too

>glitter freeze wasn't that good
>it has an alternate version
>it's 10 times better
>Rhinestone Eyes video was in production
>LOL no, too expensive. Make Doncamatic instead
>Crashing Down still doesn't have a full version
EMI going under around the time PB came out really fucked the band up

This. If Gorillaz only releases bad songs from now on, they'll still hold a special place with me for that same reason.

>mfw I like Sweepstakes, White Flag, and Superfast Jellyfish

I really don't know why

lol i can lie his album had a shit ton of problems when it comes to its release but what we got was still pretty good, and doncamatic was a good song.

totally agreed fellow ledditor :^)
upvote

lol superfast jellyfish is a chill song thats why.

I was referring to the Doncamatic video more than the song itself

then what album do you credit for making you an open minded music listener?

oh yeah, we only got a rhinestone eyes concept video, but i feel you.

>this thing changed my opinion
>lol how leddit xDDD

Is it because Sup Forums lends itself to bitterness and unswaying opinions?

>Is it because Sup Forums lends itself to bitterness and unswaying opinions?

Damn, he was spot on. You are literally rebbit

>insulting my favorite website makes you reddit

This place isn't perfect and you know it, I just call it like I see it. I've wastes plenty of time here, because reddit also leads to people being unwilling to change their opinions, but with freaking out about karma thrown in. I was just pointing out how reddit is basically the same as Sup Forums, just not anonymous.