Electronic dance music sucks

>electronic dance music sucks
>hip hop, rap and trap is patrician

No one here thinks this, right?

all people think everything

both are shit underagers listen to whilst they drink shitty beer and bottom shelf liquor

Electronic dance music is good. See: house, techno, electro, etc.

"EDM" is shit

techno is patrician, edm and trup suck

>same shit slightly more vocals.jpg
This guy again.

Explain how Basic Channel sounds anything like Future beats?

>dub techno

"tips fedora*

Ok. How about Garage House then?

Rap is a genre that's 35 years old, and edm is such a broad descriptor it could mean anything from new order to David Guetta. I guarantee most young people drinking shitty liquor and beer don't listen to kraftwerk or slick rick

Techno, house and breaks are genres nearly as old and as distinct as hip hop.

Lump it all together or none of it.

Im a fan of electronic music, what is called "EDM" i do not like and hope dies and goes away.
As for rap, niggers are smelly.

some advanced b8 here, youre doing gods work

>Techno, house and breaks
And whose artistic progression sounds hardly anything like the "EDM" kids listen to these days

But that's my point. If you're going to lump it all together, then why judge people for listening to EDM when it's such a broad descriptor? That's like dissing people for likening 'rock' music. That could mean Nickelback. It could also mean King Crimson.

The problem with Sup Forums is you never know if you are chatting with someone who knows the difference or calls it all EDM

It all sounds the same. EDM is equicovally shit. Trap, dubstep, tropical, big room, all the same shit.

Is that like the only picture of skrillex that exists?

The type of electronic music moo listens to is shit like frankie knuckles, and aphex twin, and jungle, and d&b, and like obscure Japanese guys.

"EDM" is for plebes, edm will last as long as stupid millinials fork over their money to listen to the same sounding song over and over again played by a guy with a micky mouse head or a cheese faced milhouse cosplayer.

As for rap, you either have the choice of kanye tier hipster hoppers meme rap, or one and done vine, youtube, one hit wonders who are in love with da co co and are hot niggas.

well that was music during the obama era, EDM, niggers, and poptamism.

Im hoping trump being an 80's guy revives new wave, hardcore, and thrash metal, and disco (EDM) dies

>disco (EDM)
You say that as if frankie knuckles and house music wasn't heavily influenced by disco

Have you actually listened to electronic music? Because I guarantee there's a huge difference between The Prodigy and Daft Punk. There's also a huge jump from them to Skrillex and Diplo. And that's just taking from the most popular of electronic music. Bo En is an amazing electronic artist, and one that couldn't he even closely grouped with the above four. Electronic music is as diverse as any other new genre, and to discount it all is to make a pleb of yourself.

Electronic music used to be a cool underground thing, at least in america, disco dying was actually a good thing that sent dance music underground, despite white p4k writers crying about racism.
Underground it became more creative.

Then around like 2012, fratboys stopped listening to KORN, and started listening to skrillix and EDM was born and electronic music has been worse off ever since.

Also, personally, i miss rock music

EDM needs to die to make electronic music great again and make frat boys go listen to korn 2.0

EDM > KORN
any day every day

>"EDM"
>"electronic music"

The fuck is wrong with you Yanks

Its like comparing shit to piss.
I just want normies to fuck off.
And i want there to be a shift in music, im tried of this niggery top 40 poptamist era and the niggery president is gone and we got a wwe hall of famer as president an if that doesnt change music i dont know what will

this post made me realize I want Hulk Hogan for President.

It's the only one where he doesn't look like Tommy Wiseau

what I dont get is why people are so fixated specifically on edm using electronic instruments and fucking up the reputation of electronic music as a whole, as if that matters, like you dont see people get angry at linkin park or whatever because they use guitars do you?

any sorts of diversification of electronic music to help solidify its place (although i guess its already pretty damn solid right now) seem good to me, even though I cant stand listening to edm. Some of the production techniques from edm are dank though, and I'd like to see more people play off the edm sound in weird and interesting ways as tends to happen when you have a shitty pop genre.

Frat boys who listened to metal and hard rock bored of guitar music but still wanted simplistic heavy music, enter brostep...

>Im hoping trump being an 80's guy revives [edge 80's]
Enjoy your electro, EBM, minimal synth and garage house revivals bub :^)

EDM as in mainstream electronic music sucks ass and it's basically pop music

now Electronic music is golden and much better than EDM and I assure you no edm listening chad would know shit about electronic history cause it wasn't "cool"

>Electronic music

Stop saying that.

ELECTRONIC MUSIC

And should I say instead then?

Electronic music
Guitar music
Brass music
Vocal music
Fruit & Veg music

Genres.

You don't say string music for rock, metal, punk, shoegaze...

I do.

All rock, funk, soul, reggae, Cumbria, flamenco, emo, indie, folk rock. All guitar music.

So every time I want to say electronic music, I must say Electro, House, Techno, Dubstep, Hardstyle, Trap, Trance, Psy Trance, Breakbeat, Ambient and so on and so on?

So every time you want to say guitar music you have to say post-rock, prog, grunge or folk-rock?

Oh wait, everybody does.

kanye > deadm5 > yachty > skrillex

That's my ranking for how much i enjoy / listen to each of these artists, I really really enjoy kanye, I listen to a bit of deadmau5, although i do enjoy his music, and I listen to even less yachty music, some of his songs i enjoy, and skrillex, I have grown out of for the most part, but he has a few songs that I like.

EDM. Don't you fuckers get it?

The entire genre of electronica is commercial, all electronica is EDM, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian Sup Forums that has tried to make us believe EDM is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "rockist" who listens exclusively to "twings and twangs" and there's probably some racial element to it too. EDM music has no staying power. All of EDM is just a neo-disco sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "mechanical" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why EDM producers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. EDM is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of EDM beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone throws present synths over it. The "technical aspects" of EDM are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "EDM fan", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like Basic Channel and Deepchord to the "golden days" of Derrick May and Frankie Knuckles to revival stuff like Mall Grab and Delroy Edwards to the 90s with 4hero and Omi Trio to the CLT approved Mouse on Mars and Autechre to today like DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn. All electronica is EDM. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on Sup Forums and seeing a million DJ Rashad threads (none of which are about music btw).

Cause that's how shits work in Guitar music. Not the same case in Electronic music. Also when you want to state a sub-genre of Rock/Metal. You just say Rock and metal knowing that all the sub-genres are included. That the thing with electronic music, you say Electronic music knowing that you wrapped up all the freaking long list genres and sub-genres that electronic has

TL;DR

tl;dr

nice copypasta tho. Go headbang to heavy metal music cause YES THATS WHAT MEN LISTEN TO YESS LOOK MOM IM GROWING UP!

Techno is its own genre and today is as old and varied as rock in the 1990s. Was rock not a distinct genre then?

Same goes for house, breaks, trance or downtempo.

All different genres with their subs included.

It's about the instruments used, as long as Techno sounds electronic. It's gonna stay in the family

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIVIDE US

Okay, I'll keep using 'String Music' for everything from Bob Marley to Ravi Shankar, Vivaldi to Ed Sheerhan and lumping unrelated genres together.

''It's about the instruments used''

>hip hop artists main instruments are all electronic so same genre as dub techno

I don't care, That's multiculturalism for music

Well hop right in under the electronic umbrella

>electronic umbrella

What if it rains?

Go hide under the string music umbrella so you won't get electrified