Warcraft makes its money back before even releasing in America

>Warcraft makes its money back before even releasing in America

Ho- holy shit! Disney blown the fuck out!

Please fire Christ Metzen anyway. Please. No more chink elves. No more! He already made Pandas to be the chinks i dont get it.

So this... is the power of...

Vidyakino

>ignores marketing costs
>ignores that money wont ever come back to the US
>ignores SW made just under 1billion domestic

>marketing costs
>for a non-existent marketing budget

Yeah, their marketing budget was probably under 5 grand.

Studios get about 15% of foreign market grosses

Thats quite impressive honestly

You do know that Disney has the 3 highest grossing movies of the year right now, and they all destroyed even Batman v Superman, right?
And in December, it's going to be the 4 highest grossing ones.
You simply can't fight them, so go for the lower hanging fruit, go for Fox or something, i'm sure you can approach them.

Why are the virgins watching this movie so obsessed with Disney?

You sound bitter

Not really.
Disney earned their success, i'm quite happy for them.
And I feel bad for Warcraft because I know if it had the Disney sign it would be making so much more.

Over 50% in China as Legeondary/Wanda own most of the cinema chains

>it's a disney vs. everything thread

>ignores that money wont ever come back to the US

Keep in mind that Legendary is a chinese company now. They're going to see a lot more of that chinese money than most other studios do.

>everything still loses

Actually it's closer to 30% foreign and 50% domestic.

No it doesn't.

But don't worry a quarter of the gajillion it makes in China will cover production and marketing.

Do worry if your averse to a sequel starring Chinese soap stars you've never heard of though.

Damn China...the last refuge of cinematic scoundrels.

Holy fuck a self confessed Disney shill, kill yourself seriously

>BvS made more than Warcraft will ever make in it's entire run in a weekend
>made Disney yawn
>a movie that took 2 weeks to recover it's budget is somehow going to worry Disney

It's a pretty good movie desu
Can't wait to see Undeads and Taurens on the sequel

What?
Good movies deserve good recognition.
Zootopia, Jungle Book and Civil War were really entertaining.

>Warcraft makes 80% of it's money from China
>sequels are made 100% of Asian actors
>everything is forced to be more anime-like
>fights get closer and closer to DBZ

This is what China has doomed this franchise to.

>BvS made more than Warcraft will ever make in it's entire run in a weekend

>Made 200 million
>Weekend hasn't even begun yet

>Fire Christ Metzen
B-But we haven't told the story of Green Moses on the silver screen!!! His best times are yet to come!

Now divide that total by at least half. One half is going to theaters. Has the studio made a profit yet?

>China $91,400,000

$91,400,000 x 0.25 = $22,850,000

>Other countries $77,200,000

$77,200,000 x 0.41 = $31,652,000

Total overseas gross to date = $54,502,000

>movie has been out for 2 weeks
>''weekend hasn't even begun''
>160 million are now 200 million
>even if it was 200 million, it's still less than half of the 450 million BvS made on it's opening weekend
>Warcraft projected to make less than 20 million on the USA opening

Don't worry guys, we already beat BvS to a pulp, you get the scraps.

>50% domestic.
No it isnt, Foreign is 15-25% at best and domestic is 60-90% depending on how much time has passed since the movie was released

The general rue of thumb is 20% foreign 80% domestic, for the movies final gross when it stops making money, rather than doing the math for 90-95% of the opening week/weekend of the domestic run

Hahaha

>movie has been out for 2 weeks

In select European territories, you mong. It got released in China yesterday.

>marketing costs
$500 and I'm being generous.

False, the studio takes >50% in China as Legendary is a Chinese company. Nice try though!

>DCucks need to resort to videogame movies to try and do what their failures couldn't
>being this mad
lmao

At least 25% of China since 2016 thanks to a new deal.

I think Legendary (the films producers) get more because they have set up as a Chinese co-production studio now.

>!
Greetings, Reddit.

Hello Evansposter

literally one of the worst marketing campaigns I have seen for a blockbuster which is saying something

no the usual foreign take is around 41% and China is 25%, but the guy who pointed out Warcraft is getting 50% in China is right, i didn't factor that in here

Shillcraft

>knows nothing about the chinese government
it doesnt matter if its a chinese company or not, china is a fucking communist nation

So you really are a DCuck.
You really need to resort to some shitty videogame movie do to what your goddamn BATMAN VS SUPERMAN movie couldn't.
Don't you see how sad all of this is?

Everyone is shitting so hard on this movie, but there is not even any kind of uproar like with ghostbusters, how come? :^)

Didn't read Cuck lmao

Look it's the evansposter

Who is the bigger fag you or the fredposter?

>he's also using the same insults on both threads
lmao

Still, i'm glad to meet one of the last DCEU fans, guess it's an honor.

because the uproar with ghostbusters is sony and news agencies trying to create a story they can profit off of

the amount of people that hate the female cast is minuscule compared to people that think it looks like shit and dont care

you have no idea what you're saying and pulled these figures out of your ass. look up documents from the sony hack -- it's around 50% domestic, 40% foreign, and 25% China.

Because Sony is destroying a franchise that everyone loved.
Nobody cares about some videogame flick.

>implying I am a DCEU fan

Sorry senpai you're on your own it's just annoying seeing the evansfag.

Its not kid, anyone that follows movies knows this shit

Do a fucking google search if you want, every summer I have to explain what percentage of money studios get to idiots like you

Does everybody realise this has been a WW success? Not just China

>Russia $17M
>Germany $10M
>France $8M
>UK $5.5M

As of 5 days ago

Main difference is population size, if this movies is a bomb only in the US than that says ALOT for their shitty taste and sheep mentality where RT rules their film tastes

Only a DCuck is THIS mad at based Evans.
It gave you all PTSD during BvS'... incident.

Why does Sup Forums sperg out so much when a flim receives a bad critical reception?

>Red Cliff
>now Warcraft

China is literally saving the war epic genre.

For a videogame movie, maybe.
Otherwise it's quite mediocre.

EVANS POSTER IS A PIECE OF SHIT

because "we" review movies better than these hacks.

>quite mediocre

Why are you attempting to claim that a success is not a success?

lmao where have you been hiding?

In China is ruled by a communist party which moved towards a capitalist society 30 years ago.

Honestly I can say with 100% certainty you are American because your dumb as fuck about the world outside your shitty country

The Evans poster is delusional. He's a piece of shit.

Watching Warcraft soon. HYPE

It's not Sup Forums
This thing only has happened with BvS and Warcraft because these two movies have fanbases full of fat nerds obsessed with their movies and get very angry when they don't get their opinions acknowledged.

They claim the reviews are invalid, but mention their RT score and they all get mad as fuck.

Simply delicious.

Your falseflags don't work here, Marvelbro.

>implying I am mad at based Evans and not just annoyed at you for samefagging in every thread

What is it like to have autism?

Is there anyway I can watch this online? No theatres around me are playing it

>he thinks it's all one person
Only pure anger can lead to this paranoia.

>make $1.00 in China
>get back $0.25

FUCK OFF DISNEY

>domestic is 60-90% depending on how much time has passed since the movie was released
Even the Hollywood Reporter says Domestic is 50% at best

It's fairly mediocre.
It's going to end up making more or less the same as Prince of Persia or Need for Speed.
Maybe less profitable considering these had actual legs on domestic box offices and didn't depend on a country with such low profit returns as China.

>it's around 50% domestic
Yet again you prove to be retarded

Big summer Blockbusters get a MUCH larger percentage on opening weekend, Avengers 1 got 100% of the gross its opening weekend, it was unprecedented

As more time passes the studio gets less of the money, when all is said and done they average about 80% of the total domestic gross because most movies make the bulk of their money in the first 2 weeks, then by the time they drop off they are only getting 50% of the gross.

So if a movie makes 200 million in its first week and a studio gets 90% they are getting 180 million

Then the movie goes on to make a total domestic gross of 300 million, they only get 50-60% of the 100 million, so of the 300 million total the studio takes about 240 million.

240 of 300 = 80%

This.

Remember when China got Terminator Jennysmith to '400 something million'?

Where's the sequel then?

What I love about these threads is how absolutely wrong everyone is?

>It's going to end up making more or less the same as Prince of Persia or Need for Speed.

Except it's predicted to make over half a billion easy.

Maybe it'll reach 500 million thanks to China.
But considering that country is much less profitable, actual box office will end up at the 350 million or so that those two movies made.
It's the same as before.

welcome to Sup Forums
this board is a joke

Legendary is chinese now.. they get like ~58% or something

>?
Why are you asking if what you love about these threads is how absolutely wrong everyone is?

You're simply wrong faggot

Here's something interesting, Wanda Group owns about 13% of all cinemas in the US and about 6% in China, meaning that they won't lose any money in a small amount of theatres.

It's also debatable how much of the percentage they actually loses in China since technically Legendary is now owned by Wanda Group which is based in China

Except you're conveniently ignoring the amount of foreign box office those movies made while at the same time singling out Warcraft.

Need for Speed made 200 mil- including internationally. Warcraft is 168 with just international.

>1.jpg
Nice try Disney shill falseflagger.

And keep in mind, this isn't even with China's weekend being over.

True, didn't know where I got the NFS numbers from.
Still, it'll end up pretty much the same as Prince of Persia.
I think Assassins Creed has the ability to get more money, and that it'll end up being a much better movie.

But that's gotta be part of the budget

He's not entirely wrong.

Studios negotiate the box office share in the U.S.

Certain films like Iron Man 3 have a sliding scale (we know because the cinema chains threw a public hissy fit) where they take a huge cut of the opening weekend and then it gets chopped week by week but sometimes goes back up.

The one thing the Sony hack showed was that normies like us can't know the real successes or failures because of the various co-financing deals etc.

Their profits and losses did not reflect their reported budgets and earnings.

This.
TASM2 made 750 million and even then they cancelled the franchise.
BvS made almost 900 million, and despite what some DCfags may say, this made all of WB get restructured and the entire DCEU get replanned.

You are pure cringe evansvickold

Fuck off marvelshill

People oversimplify the box office so much it's ridiculous

You can't determine the success of a movie just by looking at how much money it made and the production budget, it's way more complex than that

Averages out.

They get more up front, less at the tail end.

Unlike China which has fixed returns.

You seem mad tbqh.

>Harry Potter 6
>made almost a billion
>movie ended up making loses to WB somehow

Hollywood accounting is completely fucked.

This is from an internal document from Sony Pictures Worldwide Marketing & Distribution.

Kill yourself my man.

>3 months later
>DCucks still mad
>insecurity levels over 9000

This is one of Legendary's 3 "Chinese" productions. So they are getting more than the minimum 25%.

>changing your IP
>He doesn't know I know mods
Faggot

I changed my IP a lot of times, the (you)'s still appear with different IPs

>He doesn't know I know mods
What?

>fucking Jungle Book made more than BvS

t.disneyshill

t. mad DCuck