Ethan Hunt > James Bond

Reminder that Mission Impossible has quality consistently superior to their equivalent James Bond films.

Reminder that James Bond films are nothing more than advertisement platforms.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7kUkkPPh4
youtu.be/6GO9clgL3yQ?t=85
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

Advertisement for what? Dubai Hotels? Or ..

MI = Microsoft
Bond = Sony

What did they mean by this?

Every time a James Bond comes out there's always a run of wristwatch and car adverts featuring him.

The MI movies run a very cozy combination of old wacky bond gadgets and visceral stunts and realistic technology.

I thought Mission Impossible: 3 felt more like Die Hard 5.

Anyone else?

And Heineken.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7kUkkPPh4

Jason Bourne > James Bond > Ethan Hunt

Ethan Hunt sucks cock by choice

It had a lot of shaky cam and I think it was JJ first movie (I could be wrong)

I don't think it was that bad. But it kinda feelt like a shinier xXx

Pleb opinion

I love Jason Bourne but honestly I like the story more rather than the character.

I mean, Matt Damon is great but his character is just a weapon

I thought Jack Ryan was a fucking amazing film, that showed a level that Bond, Bourne, and Hunt never had.

It was like Tinker Tailor more then ever. It surprised me. But then his wife made it feel like an episode of American Dad.

Which isn't bad, PER SAY.

It was the worest of the bunch, and MI4 amazingness is what saved the franchise, for sure. Still, 1 and 2 are super solid, 1 mroe so.

Which is still a new and interesting take, and the story seems to wrap around that with the proper levity. It's murky grounds feels like that.

Do the Bond movies have relevant plot? I never quite get what these movies are about, apart from nice places and cars and shit.

Who knows.

Bond movies are unique: the title sequences, production design, villains etc.

Iconic scenes in MI?
>the whole Langley scene in MI 1
>maybe the Burj Khalifa scnene in MI 4?

Ethan Hunt is a boring character, there's nothing memorable about him.

They may as well be ads for tourists.

Naw man, the Kremlin. That's never been in any other spy movie to my knowledge. At all. Ever.

And Bond movies spend half the time talking about it.

That's 100% one of the most outstanding scenes. And then they blow it up.

You have 0 perception of spy movies, other then Cody Banks and Daniel Craig.

Naw, just the last 3 movies before Spectre were following one line story arc, but besides that, I have a copy pasta to surmise your feelings:

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again

>title sequences
Pop music and synchronized visuals that can be found in any modern TV series? Try again.
>production design
Wow, landscape shots done slighly less capably than Top Gear? Way to go
>Villians
"IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" Wow, totally not a cartoon villain.

Im not saying MI 2 was a bad movie but the only things I remember is

>Motorcycle Head on jump
>Knife-Eye screen
>Ethan smilling
>The rock Theme

The only thing I liked about the Daniel Craig Bonds was the lack of zany fucking gadgets, and they didn't feel as campy as the P. Brosnan Bonds which I hate. I liked Skyfall reasonably well (mostly for cinematography).

Would I like any of the MI films? Any other spy/agent films you guys can suggest?

You now realize almost every movie filmed in the world is ads for tourists It's usually part of the complicancy for them to film IN the country. To do anything else is to actually DECREASE tourism.

"Italy is filled with degenerates and the food here is terrible"
There was problems with an Oceans 11/12/13 film where the chracters were suppose to make fun of the food, and the movie either had to reshoot or cut the scene because italy or something complained, and wasn't going to allow them to use the scenes filmed that LOOKED like italian, regardless if they were or not, or something weird.

I totally forget...

But it's an actual headache.

Damn, just rewatched the explosion part and it looks terrible, fucking CGI.

youtu.be/6GO9clgL3yQ?t=85

All movies are advertising platforms user.

Used to be movies over 100mil, then was over 5omil, then 20mil, then all movies, then all movirs and tv shows, then congress, then the supreme court, then the presidency, then your fucking soul.

Everythings been bought & sold by the time you discover it. Thats capitalism beyitch.

Yeah, that sums it up.
I actually once took a shower in a movie theater, though.

James Bond intros can be found in any modern TV series...

you know it's kind of an infamous trope of the Bond series, That budget is better then TV shows title card intros, that frankly haven't used them since the early 2000's.

You're thinking of that 5 second song snippet in the start of House? Or the image of Supernatural? or what? The intro to House of Cards. That award winning intro.

I dunno what else, has original songs by award winning musical artists as it's intro... that isn't just ambience to graphics.

>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again

I like MI1 the best, just keep in mind it's a bit outdated in terms of technology so when they use the internet and steal data and shit it's a bit laughable. It has a great, tense heist scene (at least for the time), and it's probably one of the few spy films where the protagonist doesn't shoot a single bullet.

Also, all Mission Impossible movies' follow the same general plot, which sucks a bit. It can be summed in: [/spoiler]Ethan Hunt is doing something, everything goes wrong, he has to go rogue and unveil the treason by another agent all on his own without the support of the organization[/spoiler].

I really dont understand the appeal of jason bourne movies, the fights never seemed that good and theres only a couple of them. Storywise it's kinda cliche 'I'm done killin I want to raise a family' bs.

>Mr. Bond, I'm DEA.

forgot the file, fuck

He doesn't go rogue in 2

don't watch it then
let it be for the connoisseurs