ITT: post acclaimed albums you just "don't get" and others try and explain them to you

ITT: post acclaimed albums you just "don't get" and others try and explain them to you

the previous thread turned to be quiet successful and informative, let's try to do it once again

N O I S E

Oh mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head

Underneath all the added noise it's really just basic alternative rock music with catchy pop melodies. Don't try to look to deep into it, it's not supposed to be transcendental or anything.

gotcha maybe ill giver it a relisten sometime

I listen to it expecting to be sad but I don't get it

It's about a dude being sad over his relationship not working out, but the regreeeeeeeeeeets (are killing [him]). There's also stuff in there about getting old, and how your teenage years are behind you. It's pretty self-explanatory.

wow, that sounds pretty fucking gay

Great lyrics, production and guitar playing
Dark humour too

Wtf is this guy on about?

Surreal, fantastic dreamscapes about death and desire and longing. Idiosyncratic, stripped-down instrumentation. Every song is bursting with hooks. All of the album works perfectly as a concept about losing your innocence. Greatly appeals to teenagers.
The guitar parts and rhythm are intricate mood pieces while still being very technical. Vocals are vulnerable and raw, the lyrics are about Suburban nostalgia.Very consistent. Also appeals to teenagers.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate
It takes strength to be gentle and kind

it's 2017 dude we're all gay now

I just listen to it when I want to be reminded how much of a loser piece of shit I am.

guys like you are the worst
>hey look at me i'm such le dorky fuck-up lol why can't i do anything right
>why don't girls like me. (i don't do anything to impress them but) validate me ;____;
>Smiths is so saaaaaaaaad LE MOTHER I CAN FEEL THE SOIL guys amirite

Half of it is waaah divorce and the other half is a song about cards.

well - i'm not sure
the noise is really really important to it - you're not meant to just listen to the songs as alt rock / dream pop songs
the amount of noise layering - build ups and textures is ridiculous - every listen you find something new
try and listen to the different layers of noise individually- how they come into focus and swoon around in stereo

The rhythms are quite fantastic, and the guitar lines are intricate. Listen to the beginning of the Summer Ends and really focus on the interplay of the snare and guitar. Once that trumpet comes in on top of it, it's absolutely gorgeous. Don't bother with all that feels garbage.

Guys like you are the worst. Let the poor bastard wallow in self pity.
It's not like he's going to be there for much longer.

fuck off

>muh anne frank

>St Vincent - Actors

i cant hear the amazing guitar playing everyone told me she have, some songs have, Actor out of work - Neighboors - Strangers have literally the same melody, so far i just like Party and Mouth full of blood, i don't reconize wich movies she is singing to, she supposed to writte this songs for Fellini and Disney films

I can't listen to it too long because of how fucking tinny it sounds.

The dichotomy between delicate and ugly is the best thing about the album. Those songs also don't have the same melody.

Generic 90s alternative

This one t b h

two great songs if you love vacuums

Listen for the textures. The guitar on I Only Said sounds like a saw, and I greatly enjoy it.

Lou Reed is absolutely fantastic at doing different vocal impressions, he does a gay voice on 3 of the tracks and it sounds completely different, stunning. I also really, really like that picture!

Trout mask replica. I really really don't get it...

Burn Under Punches and Once In A Lifetime are great. The rest is so underwhelming. Explain.

Great lyrics and instrumental and it's funny sometimes and sad all the time. Try listening to it when you are sad as fuck as you read the lyrics.

People think of this as lou reeds band but what makes it great is john cale and lou reed together.
John cale's drone and noise elements in venus in furs, heroin (especially towards the end), european son and black angel death song are beautiful and what makes this great. The noise perfectly accompanies the darker and more sinister themes in lou reeds straight to the point and brilliantly expressive lyrics.
Moe tuckers drumming is simple and repetitive which is all this album needs. Nico's voice is just interesting but may take a couple of listens to get used to

I just listened to this more, The Great Curve is one of my favorite songs of all time now.

Lamar fanboys making oceans of jizz over this album made me attempt to listen to it.

I got Alvin the Chipmunk trying to be deep over mediocre beats. 5/10 and never giving that manlet another chance.

The groove. Yeah, it's simple as that, that fucking astonishing mind-blowing breathtaking genre-breaking motherfucking groove taking sounds from many tribal music elements, especially African ones, to create an album that's impossible not to release your whole body to the endless sea of rhythm, melody and groove. Groove is so hard to explain that even Wikipedia's frist sentence on it is ' In music, groove is the sense of propulsive rhythmic "feel" or sense of "swing" ' -- it's simply a "feel" of music.
Besides that, songwriting is pretty dope, musicians are very talented with their various instruments and sounds, and also it was produced by possibly the best producer in history of universe - Brian Eno.

generic boom bap

The Great Curve is such a good tune, I'm partial to the version on The Name of This Band is Talking Heads

i don't mean the exact same but the bittersweet drop is on every melody, is like a constant Ave Maria formula