EP2 is a 10/10 its like everything i hoped grimes would do but better

EP2 is a 10/10 its like everything i hoped grimes would do but better.

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0A449YxUY_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LP1 and M3LL155X were good too desu

She said she's not going to release any music for a year or two I think

she's like Grimes but boring and uninteresteting

grimes doesn't make trap influenced trip hop. so no shes not boring

so shes like grimes exactly then

I remember listening to LP1 when it dropped and just rolling my eyes thru the whole thing. I could just picture p4k and theneedledrop gushing about how cutting edge and relevant it was, when the sad truth is that sound will seem ridiculously quaint and dated by 2020. It's trendy fashion shop music and it doesn't mean anything, but it's worse because people with no understanding of music will compare it to genuine artistic milestones like Art Angels. it's funny too because AA is the sort of thing morons will say is 'too indebted to the 90s' but of course by incorporating influences of past greats into the writing and production of her music rather than just jumping on whatever producers are flavour of the month, Claire managed to make an album that will stand the test of time far better than this mediocre drivel

in 10 years time, people will remember Art Angels. in 10 years time, people won't even remember who FKA Twigs was, unless of course she follows the sellout path 'artists' of her calibre strive towards

the only reasons Grimey gets more attention by the media than Twigs is because she's white and american

>literally responds to valid criticism of her music by pulling the race card

Shit like this is why you have an orange reality tv host as your president

>white and american
>more media attention than blacks

being this thick

Only reason why Grime is popular is because she's a female Nivek Ogre.

No one would care about her if her gender was swapped.

this 100x
LP1 was so boring that it almost put me to sleep
it can't even be compared to Visions or Art Angels

also the only reason you guys like her is because mainstream publications told you to, and the only reason they're bigging her up is because shallow feminism, "empowerment" and all that shit, sells; it's a brand now.

Grimes is Canadian

actually i don't like her, faggot

>thread is about EP2
>rants about lp1
dumbass

EP2 and M3LL155X were 10/10
LP1 was normie-core but still a solid 8.5
EP1 was basically a demo. 6/10.

She's only getting better.

Better yet, how about this: they're both good but very different.
Why do we always have to pit artists against each other?

Why the hell do people keep comparing Grimes to FKA twigs?
They're not even remotely similar.

couldn't have said it any better.

also FKA twigs > Grimes, coming from someone who likes both.

Soundcloud has been full of stuff that sounds exactly like this dumb hoe's music since AT LEAST 2011. It's only innovative if you haven't paid attention at all. Also in her ad for Nike athletic wear she claims "I always knew I was special", as if selling out to child labor profiteers is a good, admirable thing. Pretentious non-art. Move along.

What's wrong with her face?

any examples?
specifically songs like this youtube.com/watch?v=0A449YxUY_8

google 'trip hop'

all I do is listen to trip hop and none sound like that.
good try!

IDK the artist's names man, but all the dumb college girls that I fucked while they were coming down off molly like 5-6 years ago all played shit that sounds just like this song once we got back to their bedrooms. They might have been calling it 'chillstep' or some other nonsense at the time, idk.

Her collab album with OPN will change the world, screenshot this

>Soundcloud has been full of stuff that sounds exactly like Arca's music since AT LEAST 2011
small fix

Lmao delete this. People are allowed to have different opinions from you. I like FKA twigs because I love that type of thing, Sade Bjork kate bush portishead and Aaliyah are some of my fav artists, plus I'm a sucker for detailed atmospheric production with introspective lyrics, and FKA twigs has that in spades.

Why do you keep comparing her to Grimes?
Twigs' music is calming, soft and sexy while Grimes just seems like a jolly girl who likes making beats
What do they have in common other than both being girls and making electronic music?

She sold out, big time

Why is she so hot?

>muh female empowerment sexual awakening kundalini spirit goddess burning with desire over 'atmospheric' (read: lazy, low effort) beats done to death since 2000
>shamelessly shills for Nike who exploit the labor of disenfranchised women and young girls all over the globe

ok

Neither does fka twigs. Without arca, nobody would care about this woman

>She's only getting better.

agreed

But user, LP1 and M3LL155X were great

How are their musical styles similar?

I thought grimesfags had a general