What exactly makes an album "bad"?

What exactly makes an album "bad"?

when it doesn't sound good, it's a bad album

You're a moron.

You're a tryhard.

Bad albums sound bad.
If an album sounds bad you usually dont want to listen to it

But noise objectively sounds bad, yet plenty of people still like it.

>objectively

You're taking the album too seriously and not seeing it as a joke.

it sounds good to those people so it's not objectively

The experimental elements of it are obviously not a joke, but songs like Ella Guru, Pena and China Pig are not to be taken seriously.

>people liking something makes it not bad

So, chumbawamba is a great band, right? Lots of people like all of their hit song so that makes it good, is that what you're saying?

Why do i see alot of people on this board and other places taking digs at beefheart he isnt that bad come on

>He isn't that bad
He revolutionized blues rock and had a voice of a modern day Howlin' Wolf. He isn't that bad...

Whether or not YOU think it's bad. This is the only real factor of whether or not an album is bad. Fuck anyone else who says otherwise, music is just art and not everybody likes all art.

Not liking something because a critic, this forum, or other person thinks it is bad makes you a fucking loser. Don't be like that.

By being a "challenging listen" or "inaccessable".

If it's popular it's bad

>OBJECTIVITY
>IN
>MUZACK
>GGGGGGGFFFFFFDDDDHHHHH

kek

i don't want to say hes good because i haven't listen to all of his music that would be ignorant

lack of communicative power
it's okay for music to sound unpleasant or make you feel uncomfortable because at least it makes you feel something

Then why are you commenting on his music? At least listen to an album of his other then Trout Mask Replica.

They wouldn't be objectively bad but if you asked a lot of people on this board they would be considered bad. Why is this so hard to understand

and to think I thought everyone on this board was retarded.

kill yourself