/pg/ Pedals and Effects General

Post, rate, share, comment, recommend various pedals and effects.

What is your favorite effects company?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1HgxLXqpR_U
youtube.com/watch?v=jV8uilspTVY
youtube.com/watch?v=puXTs6zclT4
equipboard.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never had a pedal before but I want to get a Walrus Audio Janus pedal so bad man.

youtube.com/watch?v=1HgxLXqpR_U

favorite company is digitech, they did the space station and now with Tom Cram some shit they do (Gonkulator reissue, that Obscura delay) is real cool.

NAMM sucked this year, almost no new interesting gear

anyone have a Dream Sequence? I want to link one up via MIDI and play along with DnB tracks, but I dont know if its worth the $500 investment (no one on YouTube shows the pedal linked up via MIDI to another track)

recc me some noise freakout pedals

literally the digitech freqout which just came out

rainger fx also has some great noise generators

Micro POG arrived a few days ago, first impressions are it's very bang+, and I love the digital artifacting that you get in the rare cases when it fails to track properly if you're playing too many notes.

favourite company is meme but the Earthquaker lads don't half know how to make a desirable pedal.

Currently searching for a secondhand tremolo, like a hummingbird or something.

>earthquaker doesnt know how to make a desirable pedal

THANK YOU

i never got the love. they dont have any interesting modulation effects, its just mostly delays and reverbs with slightly different effects

the bit commander is probably their best pedal but even then its nothing super amazing

How is the POG? I usually see a variation of it on almost all boards.

Also give me a good replacement for BOSS OC-3

It's got very solid tracking, and sounds great. The upper octave can get a hint metallic when you're playing with overdrive in a sort of My Iron Lung vein. It would be nice to have presets like the POG2 but for a simple octave up and down it's the best one out there.

I've heard good things about the EHX Pitch Fork, it's a fair bit cheaper than a POG and has a good number of features on it. check that one out.

I recently got this, but haven't been able to plug it in yet, still waiting on the 12V power supply.

>its just mostly delays and reverbs with slightly different effects
That's not even mentioning that almost all of their fuzz and OD pedal are just clones of classic designs.

I don't know how a company can make infinite variations on the same effect. None of them are really unique. They may be good, but not unique

oscillating fuzzes like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=jV8uilspTVY

Does anyone have/rec any Red Panda gear? I was looking at the Context, but the lack of exp output kinda bums me

Holy fuck I've been waiting for a thread for a while.

I've been obsessed with pedals since I started learning guitar last year and I'm completely obsessed with them.

My Current pedals:
> Source Audio Nemesis Delay
> Shift Line A+ Astronaut Reverb

That's all I have right now and this is my wishlist:

> Earthquaker Devices PAlisades
> Marshall Shredmaster
> Digitech Whammy 4
> Fulltone Supa Trem
> Boss Tu - 2 Tuner Pedal
> TC Electronics Triple Delay
> Dr. Scientist Bitquest
> Xotic SP Compressor
> Source Audio Ventris Reverb (When released)
> Digitech Xp 300 (or xp1000 modded pedal)
> Digitech EX-7 expression station (If I don't end up getting a space station)

My favourite pedal company is probably either Source Audio or Earthquaker Devices. On one hand Earthquaker makes so many cool weird noise pedals but on the other Source Audio make the coolest pedals for their fields, those goddamn MIT geeks.

So glad this thread is here because I have like nobody to talk about pedals to.

Pedals you couldn't live without?

getting a digitech synth wah and devi ever shoegazer in the mail next week. can't wait to make ungodly noises with them.

Isn't this just a rebranded /gg/ thread?

/gg/ makes fun of us though :(

Current board. Will eventually replace the MXR with Moog's Cluster Flux and possibly get some sort of fun, wonky delay. Voodoo Labs power brick on the bottom. Signal flow is:
>POG
>Weeping Demon
>Microtubes
>Moog
>Chorus
>Cathedral
>Superdelay
>Ditto

Favorite company has to be either Moog or Empress. Would like to try some Iron Ether stuff too.

The POG, Moog and Superdelay all get pretty constant use from me, definitely my desert island pedalboard.

current board, probably going to get an empress reverb soon and sell the context maybe and get a bigger board. also probably getting a count to 5 soon.

you gonna try to get the new empress delay?

A loop pedal
Delay pedal
Maybe a chorus for shits and giggles

It looks incredible! I probably will at some point but I'm in no hurry, I'm really happy with the Superdelay.

I have currently have a 5 Spot powering my 4 pedals, would getting a dedicated (and more expensive) power supply help me or change my sound, or is it just for large pedal boards?

Daisy chains generally don't get pedals the current they need and impart a lot of noise. I'd look into a smaller one like the Voodoo ISO-5.

Any fewer than 4 pedals and you're better off just using individual AC adapters.

right now i have a Korg Polyphonic Tuner>Joyo Ultimate Drive>MXR Carbon Copy>Ditto Looper

They all need the same current afaik (9V). Why would I pay $120 for the voodoo when the 5Spot was $30? (This is a genuine question by the way, it's not rhetorical)

Again, you'll get more current and less noise with an isolated power supply. All of your pedals will have more output, and depriving them of current can result in weird tonal things like a slight high-frequency roll-off. Your drive in particular will sound WAY better.

It's a stark difference in tone, but whether that's worth the extra $90 is up to you. If nothing else, get your drive on its own power supply.

It's simple electronics. It doesn't matter what voltage or current they draw, having 4 pedals simply tapped into the same wire isn't going to work as well as 4 isolated circuits. You may not notice it until you switch, but undoubtedly you're getting some noise and reduced output.

That being said if you're not currently playing any gigs or recording then you can hold off on dropping the extra $90. Just eventually you will need to.

Pic related. Seriously the best chorus I've ever used.
How is the Geiger Counter? I've heard conflicting arguments about it

to all the anons that like shoegaze
youtube.com/watch?v=puXTs6zclT4
imagine all the landscapes you could to with a fuzz, reverb and this pedal

I love it, but I see why some people dislike it

A lot of posts I've seen about it online are just talking about it as a bitcrusher pedal, which it technically is. The sad thing is though that you can do an INSANE amount of stuff with it far beyond simple bitcrushed sounds, it'll just take many hours of fiddling around to figure it out. For me it's the most unique distortion pedal I've ever used, but I've also gotten it to make synth sounds and even some wah effects. But again, this is only with years of just messing around, and the very minimal instructions really don't tell you much about the functionality. A lot of settings will just yield white noise.

tl;dr it's incredible but using it is like learning a new instrument. For a while I wished I had just gotten the Civilian Issue, but this has paid off in the long run.

Post the greatest fucking pedal you've ever heard.

>pic related

Chorus is just something I need in my life

What if the best pedal I can get for 200 dollars? Preferably a delay, reverb, or tremelo

If you can stretch your budget the Dawner Prince Starla is one of the best tremolos you can get.

Currently the multi-fx just for its reverb.

So I've been playing bass for a few months and i've decided I want to try a basic distortion pedal. The price range I'm looking at is ~$50-$75. I was looking specifically at the Boss DS-1, Mooer Rage Machine, and TC Dark Matter. Some of those seem kind if gimmicky, and while I would want something that could do harder sound I'm kind of on a budget and would like something with some range in case I wanted to branch out or try something different..

I have 0 pedals
I do have a microkorg which I use for delay and distortion and the filter
I'd like to get a reverb pedal and a loop pedal for like ~150-175 if possible
thoughts? I really want a lofi reverb but they're pretty expensive

you run your guitar through the synth?

Not him but I've used mine as both a fuzz and a tremolo

yeah, there's an audio in on the back, through some fiddling you can use the phaser, ensemble effect, delay, filter and distortion

Could this theoretically work on any analog synth? I have an arp odyessey and I've thought about trying it but I never got around to it

I'm hoping to grab a used Boss FB-2 eventually. They discontinued them so they aren't cheap

I would imagine, you can probably modulate it with the LFO and filterand mayyybe adsr?

How does it sound and track compared to a pedal?

I don't have any pedals, honestly. but the MK delay is super usable for audio in and the filter is fucking perfect for finding a place for audio in a mix

What about the DigiTech FreqOut? Seems like the same idea and it sounds good to me in demos.

Anyone have the link to that website that lists what gear bands you like use?

Works pretty well but there is not way to turn the effect on or off whilst it's in the signal path.

equipboard.com/ ?

I'm still holding onto a bank load of those old DOD pedals they discontinued.
But then again, I guess they re-released stuff like the Meatbox and Gonkulator. Wonder if they compare to the old ones.