Shouldn't these countries perform a little better than that?

Shouldn't these countries perform a little better than that?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_European_Athletics_Championships#Medal_table
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These are not the real Olympics. The winter Olympics are the real one.

>zero (0) medals in London 2012
"we" already exceeded expactations desu.

>best Austrian performance at summer olympics was Berlin 1936, 4 Gold, 13 total. Never got more than 7 Medals total after that.

What did we mean by this?

Finland at least has the excuse of being more oriented for winter games.

Sometimes I try and imagine what it'd be like to be born into a nothing country like an Austria, Portugal, Belgium, France, etc.

I don't think I'd be able to handle the irrelevance in every aspect of life, why even bother living?

Finland perfromed as expected.

>finland has winter games
>austria has winter games
>we have nothing

Portugal won the euros.

Who cares about the olympics and its meme sports like table tennis

>perfromed

Go to bed Finbro you are still drunk

The olympics was much more fun to watch than the euro

Nigeria has like 200 million people, they should at least have a silver.

Uruguay have 0.

So true. Tournament football is crap these days, now even 'small' teams can park the bus effectively. It's mainly cagey snorefests.

Chile has 17 million people and 0 (zero) medals

You were close to bronze in women's triathlon, with your hobbit Riveros

Not really, we only got 1 medal in 2012 as well. There's just no athlete support that could raise expectations, a lot of those people aren't professionals, they have regular jobs and still manage to qualify and compete in the Olympics.

Sure. The evidence being all those small teams that regularly win the CL.

Portugal's population is too small. They already outperformed richer countries like France, Germany and Great-Britain in the EURO 2016. They have done lot more than enough.

You're a nazi, Hans, let's face it.

>netherskates

>outperformed
>not winning in a regular time
>not playing agaisnt mainly great nations during the cup
sure mate, let's wait how you do at the world cup again, nations like greece won the euro after all

they outperformed wales. the other matches were just retarded

get gut

You needed extra time to beat Algeria and Argentina. Is "winning in extra time doesn't count" a new meme?

>more oriented
more oriental you mean

>Sure. The evidence being all those small teams that regularly win the CL.
I meant international tournaments. Club football is still good to watch. Partly because the top teams buy in so much talent that they can overpower weaker teams, which international teams can't do. But also because they play together more and have more cohesion etc. Not saying that weaker teams are just as likely to win, it's just in the last 'x' years, probably because academies source from all over the world now, weaker international teams are far more organised & are better defensively, so they just park the bus and international tournaments have become more boring.

>being this mad
sure ahmed

too much rancor in your voice tone

Don't bother, history only care about results, they don't care how it was achieved.

I'm sorry we allowed this weak football nation to win anything, the meme magic was too strong this year, see leicester.

Portugal was always shit at the olympics. Only has 24 medals since 1912.

"Poor country", "small population" are just poor excuses, just look at Hungary which is a similar country. Let alone Kosovo or Tajikistan - I bet their athletes earn so much money...

Suddenly everyone expects big things from Portugal because of the Euro 2016.
But remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Portugal is the new Greece - they've won thr Euro in 2004 and never won anything "big" since then.

But there are only 3 pairs of shoes in the entire country.

>they
I believe that despite using their flag you aren't talking for them - even if you are portuguese in your papers

Roller hockey (or whatever that sport you play is) needs to be in the olympics. The you'd medal.

Austria is incredibly comfy

Finland yeah. They have a big history in track and field.
Others no, that's around their average.

...or at least just in your proxy

Those grapes aren't that sour, part-time dentist victim.

Portugal actually had a history of going far in tourneys before winning the Euro, unlike Greece.

Argentina is the world champion.

We won the roller hockey euro cup, mamona won the gold medal in the european championsip, table tennis guys won the gold medal in the european championship and of course euro 2016.

we just suck in the world stage

Yeah, it's been shit. Javelin is usually our sport but everyone was apparently somewhat injured this year.

It seems that Finnish youth are more into team sports nowadays, for example basketball has made some progress.

That and ES :DDDDDDDDD

>everyone has already forgotten about portukeks cheesed euros win
>1 (one) medal (bronze)

I honestly forgot there were euros this summer.

Portugals entire sporting culture revolves around football, not leaving much talent to compete in other sports.
Same thing can be said for spain who mostly promotes football and team sports,
which is why even though they have good results overall,
its just not on the same level as western european countries of the same caliber.

of course you did ;^)

>its just not on the same level as western european countries of the same caliber.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_European_Athletics_Championships#Medal_table

Depends a lot on the sport. The Olympics is huge in terms of events, small countries will have a natural disadvantage there because there's just not enough talent/money/infrastructure to properly develop them all. A lot of people competing for Portugal in the Olympics are hobbyists, only very deluded people expect them to win medals.

You guys deserve it desu, was in Austria two times and you guys can be scummy af.
Germans are way nicer.

>Be me
>Be at a hotel in Vienna, no AC
>45 degrees
>Decide to go outside
>Find a nice italian Restaurant
>We ask the waiter if he can turn on the AC
>mumbles something and says "kaput, kaput"
>We decide to leave
>Waiter sees we're leaving and turns the AC on
The Pizza was nice though

Yeah, Americans try to meme per capita to death but they literally have 8 million high school athletes. That's the same as the total population of my country (including non-Swiss people living here).

still trying to cook jews all these years later I see

Portugal has a larger population than Scotland, who individually have gotten around 10 golds.

NO EXCUSE

>we have nothing
Wrong, you have

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

India has 1 billion. What's your point?

do I need to explain?!

you are selectively picking up a country that is out of the curve. that's not the average case

Jesus, I like brits but are they fucking dumb or what?

we subsidise scotland though