Ocean Grunge Collaboration Album

reddit.com/r/oceangrunge/comments/5qdt3a/ocean_grunge_mega_collab/

RULES
You have, at most, two months to make your song.
Submit it in .wav if possible
Samples are obviously okay, but if you don't want to use samples, that is fine too.
If you want to add art to your song, you can do so.
Please add a link to your soundcloud/bandcamp/etc. with your song.
Keep in mind that this collaboration will be non-profit.
You are allowed to post your music on your own accounts, obviously. (It is your music, I'm not going to limit you with it.)
Please don't make song(s) too long. 5 Minutes at most for any song.
If you want to take your music out of the album, you can do so, just tell me.
If you need to tell me anything, contact me at: [email protected] or on reddit.
EDIT: You are allowed to make up to two songs at most.

Other urls found in this thread:

wavelength2.bandcamp.com/
clyp.it/kgkldlyl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never even listened to oceangrunge but I'll look into it and see if I can help

>ocean grunge
>2017

Shh.

Okay, anything helps.

We should make a Tonefield Collab album to see if this sub-genre stop being first sub-genre with literally 0 good songs

> stop being first sub-genre with literally 0 good songs
exotransmission also don't have a single good song

i was the hottest deep internet producer in the game at one point. good luck

Thanks.

what is tonefield and exotransmission?

>what is tonefield
short story
>we usually had make your genres threads where people post their imaginary genres they would like to listen and they would try to find a artist that fits.
>someone usualy asked for the colorfield painting (see tonefield album cover for example of this painting genre) music equivalent and no one answered it
>after months, or more some guys decided to make it, by converting the painting characteristics of colorfeld paintings to music ones,
>few people like the idea, because this conversion result in a shitty genre (see later), and so few make albums
>after months, some guy decide to create a label to catalog those albums, accepting new tonefield albums.
>people are still not interested at it, and just few albums are sent to the label, and mostly new albums from the old artists.

The result of this convertion
Genre basically is
1-Song is mono.
2-Song start/continue with a tone or silence.
3-They have at least 1 second, tone must have same volume, frequency and waveform.
4-End song or go back to 2, if the song has just silence until this moment you MUST go back to 2

The label with this kind of music
wavelength2.bandcamp.com/

exotransmission

>people decide to try to do a microgenre were they try to emulate what aliens transmission is
>they call it aliencore.
>but aliencore is already a microgenre, its metalcore with alien and space based lyrics.
>some guy start to use the name exotransmission, because of that.
>this name is start to be the one used and now its the offical genre.

I don't exactly get what's so good about tonefield.
It may just be that I don't get it, but why do some enjoy this?

wow thats really gay. i thought it had potential reading about it until you came up with the stupid rules about it. musical equivalents should not literally just be an encoding of something from another medium. when people go the other way around and make a music video they dont just have a video of the fucking waveform.

like what im trying to say is the idea of quickly switching droney tones or a sort of sound pallet to match the changing colors and extreme minimalism sounds like it would be great but 8 bit ambient made by a 12 year old which is what the albums sound like to me is not great.

kek i made a tonefield track
clyp.it/kgkldlyl
at 120bpm so a second isnt unbearably long. and im assuming a detuned osc counts as one tone. otherwise its just too boring to even want to bother

Although this is supposed to be an Ocean Grunge thread, I'm still confused of what tonefield is supposed to be.

It just doesn't sound good to me.

> i thought it had potential reading about it until you came up with the stupid rules about it.

The rules are the convertion.

The only way to convert, painting genres, movie genres, literary genres, sculpture genres is this way:

>get the characteristics of the painting genre, or literary genre, or sculpture genre.... and list down them
>get each one of those characteristics and use logic, musical skill and skill at the other art type and convert it to a musical characteristic. So if some literary genre characteristic is, small books, this would be converted to music as the music genre usually having small songs.
>make songs that has all those converted characteristics.

This is the only way to do this, as some example power metal is not fantasy genre converted to music genre.

Anyway, people converted the colorfield painting genre to music and it became those rules. Those rules are actually the genre characteristics.

If they converted it wrong, then, the entire genre is bullshit and should be fixed, since the ENTIRE POINT of it was to be the literal music version of colorfield art.
If you think they converted it wrong tell them here or the next time a thread is made about it

>It just doesn't sound good to me.

It IS shitty, because its an conceptual idea, convert painting genre called colorfield painting to a musical genre. The conceptual idea comes first.
The mutants involved at this, didnt had any control at the end result, if it would be come a good genre or not.
If they tried to change the genre characteristics a bit to make it become a better thing, then they wouldnt be actually doing a literal convertion of colorfield art and so would be missing the point of the idea behind the genre.

meme

It is a meme, or an internet joke as some call it, you imbecile.

meme

Oh.