I want to be a contestant in the next Olympic games

I want to be a contestant in the next Olympic games.

What sport is the fastest to learn (I will put in 10,000 hours of work until 2020) to be seriously competitive?

Limitations:
>it cannot be a strictly athletic discipline like jumping, weightlifting, discus, etc.
>no team sports
>not deathmarch

shooting

Golf

P I N G
O
N
G

Shooting maybe?

archery

>get african citizenship
>train swimming
>instant olympic qualification

become a woman
track event of your choosing (maybe 400m?)

Shooting or archery probably. But you're not going to make it, you have to qualify for the olympics first and that would imply that you would have to start competing basically within a few weeks.

fencing nigga

fencing is cool

That rifle chick picked up the "sport" literally a couple years ago. I hope that one day I can gain a couple hundred pounds and win a gold at the olympic air rifle competition to prove how dumb the event it.

Stonerwheels

why are there so many dumb millennials here

THE OLYMPICS DONT MATTER

THEY WILL BE FORGOTTEN IN THREE DAYS

post age faggot

>I will put in [any] hours of work

Serious doubt.

What, I thought the qualifiers would generally be starting the year before?

I'm wanting to bring a medal home. Even with 30,000 hours of training, there's no way I can compete with these crazy Asians.

You'd only prove you're both fat and dumb.

Most just want to get in on the fucking.

>no deathmarch

But they'll need a new French madman after Diniz hangs it up.

You are aware that pure athleticism is your best bet, since in anything else people have had a +10 year advantage on gathering skill on you?

>Skateboarding.
There's teenagers that compete professionally in that sport. Assuming you know how to skateboard of course
>Equestrian
Choose a good horse

I was definitely thinking about this one.

>millennials
Stopped reading here.

Working is easy.

You think 10 years of skill is harder to catch up than 10+ years of intense physical training?

My body type (literally average Frenchman) does not allow me to run competitively in athletic disciplines.

>skateboarding
Is that even an Olympic sport?

Equastrian is tons of money though

OPTIONS
>become trans and cause a shitstorm when trying for female greco-roman wrestling
>ping pong
>walking
>fencing
EASIEST ONE
>represent a shitty country in a sport they can't into
>first Djiboutian 3m diver

Yes it will be a thing next Olympics

Shooting and Archery are precision sports that takes more than four years of technical skills to master. Thus I wouldn't opt OP to do that

I unironically thought about representing "literally who: the country" just to get in... but I really want to win something, or be close to that.

I don't care if equestrian is expensive, I can pay.

More than four years, but how many hours in reality? I seriously doubt than I'll still be bad after 10,000 hours of training. But shall I be good enough to qualify for the Olympics, and not be ridiculous on TV at least? That's my question.

>archery
>shooting
>taekwondo (i'm not fucking kidding)
>Judo
>handball
if you're a big guy
>Javelin throw
>Hammer throw
>etc

also Fencing looks fucking easy... bite me

no, like a years or 2 before the olympics user

>You think 10 years of skill is harder to catch up than 10+ years of intense physical training?
Absolutely. Your body maxes out at some point, your skill and experience basically just grows. Granted, 4 years is probably still too little to get into Olympic shape for most disciplines, but it's WAY too little to compete with archers or shooters or horse dancers.

boxing

My ex-gf did fencing and it's definately not something you can master in - 4 years. The gear is also expensive as fuck (I believe it's in the top 5 most expensive Olympics sports with equestrian and yachting) and you need crazy reflexes for it.

I think its more that in purely physical disciplines, genetics comes into it to a point that you'll probably never compete.

No matter how hard you work, you will probably never be competitive in a 100m sprint, because of genetics.

Of course, I think OP is assuming this isn't true of other sports. That things like hand eye coordination don't come from genetics as well.

>OP is assuming this isn't true of other sports

I'm not assuming anything.

I just want to know in what sport you can be competitive through hard work in less than four years.

Running. You already know how to do it.

1/ say your mind tells you you're a woman
2/ change your official gender to woman
3/ learn boxing

that should work

OP, we're missing some basic questions.

- Are you athletically built? Strong/fast/stamina? Legs/arms?
- Experience with any sport? Were you any good?
- Steady hand?
- Any other talents?

triathlon fammy

A few years ago, I already had the delightful opportunity to run with runners from the French Olympic team.

Let's just say your plan is not going to work.

Well he asked which one is the fastest to learn. From the motorical aspect he already got the skill.

Here is an exhaustive list of sports in which you will be able compete in olympic events within 4 years:
>

deathmarch is your best bet though op, diniz picked up racewalking as an adult and became obsessed with it, it requires no skill. any other sport will require a solid combination of athleticism and skill

>Are you athletically built? Strong/fast/stamina? Legs/arms?
I'm the average Frenchman (which means I'm a manlet compared to the average Dutchie). No athletic build; not especially fast or strong or anything else. Long arms but not big.

>Experience with any sport? Were you any good?
I practiced various combat sports and was pretty good (reflexes, flexibility), but I think fighting competitions are rubbish.

>Steady hand?
Uh... probably?

>Any other talents?
I'm rich.

The person you answered to was OP (me).

We see literal teenagers at the Olympics though.

I'm tempted to do the same, OP. I'd try running, probabaly 5k since it's something i like doing and i'm a short guy. I know it's foolish but being an olympian must be the greatest feeling ever, and there's the orgies too.

look for a sport your country is complete shit at or has no representative (look into new olympic sports)

>We see literal teenagers at the Olympics though.
Most athletes start with their sport at pre-school age.

But I guess you can try your luck at women's gymnastic

I bet France has good or decent sportsmen in just any sport. It's not Oman or Luxembourg.

>look for a sport your country is complete shit at
Thats a lot

Did you try running backwards?

sprinting obviously but good luck getting good.

Sports are haram.

it's a lot of work for a memedal, two weeks of sex, and a story to tell your grandchildren

If losing two world wars became an Olympic discipline, your country would win (Jewish) gold every time.

he doesn't have to win anything or be good or decent, he simply has to make the olympic cut, even as a sub of a sub

An alternative would be to earn (buy) the nationality of some forgotten african/middle east nation and represent them. This could be easier to do

if you're rich it has to be modern pentathlon, I doubt very many people do that shit. You do have to learn several different disciplines, but probably not to a super high level

This is good advice

Still better than:

>10,000 hours spent in shitposting
>zero week of sex
>outdated memes to tell to my grandchildren

There are rowers who learnt it in a couple of years and went to the Olympics.

I'm also watching BMX right now and it looks really easy. However, you should know two things before you start:
-Don't expect to get a medal; you might be good enough to compete but you won't catch up with the world's best because they'll be doing all the training you will, plus they have all the training they've already done
-The 10,000-hour rule doesn't start from as soon as you pick up the sport; you need to become adequate and then do 10,000 hours on top of that.

There is also a golfer who is trying what you're planning, so you could look him up. I think his name is Dan McLaughlin.

you can just work for 4 years and travel to Tokyo instead.

How does it feel not even making the qualifications to this discipline?

Rugby

Interesting post, thanks.

I thought about it, but 4 years look really short to start all these sports from scratch.

Rather than waste time and money for two week orgy why not just spend the energy on attending a music festival or burning man? It's like Olympics but without the sports
>Tons of young and mostly fit people
>Horny people
>orgies happen

Smug Pepes are reserved for countries who won two world wars like France. Sorry.

The equestrian sports are full of Arab princes who compete, but aren't very good. If you're as rich as they are, that could be something to look into.

Because I'm not going there to have sex.

Javelin throw

You're just going to have to trust me on this, but it feels fantastic.

Things like handball, volleyball and hockey would be the easiest.

The British team for these sports was created four years before the games started and had open trials for players

Np annon.

I'm rich but not Sheikh-tier rich.

Also, I guess they literally buy their way to the Olympics, no matter what discipline they choose.

>We see literal teenagers at the Olympics though.
Because you learn much faster and efficiently, when your brain is still developing. You will NEVER get to the level of a teenager who started practice at 3 even if you put in a million hours, because your old brain can't adapt like that anymore.

>manlet
>rich

equestrian it is

>French equestrian federation
>687,339 members

How many of those guys invested 10k hours on it in the last 4 years?

Genetics is a determining factor in sprinting, no doubt.

But for longer distances it's much more about training. The gold in the 1500m this year was won in 3:50. That's a pretty slow time even by collegiate standards. Shit, it's not much faster than my high school mile time.

Running anything longer than maybe the 200m is 95% training, 5% genetics.

>You could have channeled your autism into something productive
>You blew it shitposting on a Cambodian cave-paintings forum

>buy horse
>teach him to dance
>win bronze medal after britbongs and germans

Probably not many; 80% of members are women anyway.

I just wonder if it's possible to train 6 hours a day in equestrian? The strain on the horse (and on your balls) mustn't be too nice.

3:50 was the slowest time since 1932.

That's true, I could pick longer distances. I'll probably be mediocre though.

You know, there's always other things you can do with your life.

Get off Sup Forums, go to college, write a book, take up painting, start a company and get rich.

There isn't even any guarantee that athletic success will make you happy in any way.

I already got off Sup Forums for one year (didn't make me better).

I already have several master's degrees.

I'm already writing.

I can't paint (at all).

I'm already rich.

Now I want to go to the Olympics, even though I know it will not make me a happier person. But happiness is overrated.

>tfw no autistic multi gold medalist world record holder gf
;_;

what about shooting or archery? join a club tomorrow and start practicing

remember your objective is to make olympic team, not win anything or even participate

DEATH MARCH YOU PUSSY

DO IT FOR DINIZ

>I want to be a contestant in the next Olympic games.
you can't
you might make it in golf or sailing but it will take at least 10 years of constant training. You're too old for anything else, except for
>not deathmarch
deathmarch is the only physical sport where you might have a chance if you are gifted because one can race at high level even in their late 30es, so if you start training now and are young enough you might make it for london 2024.

My objective is to actually win something, but just participating would be nice.

My dream is not crazier than the sight of part-time dentists from Iceland beating England in a football tournament.

>I practiced various combat sports and was pretty good (reflexes, flexibility)
get on with 8 hours a day of ping pong.
Find group of chinese immigrants and start playing with themm every time you can.

>tfw going to be surferbro next Olympics

imma bag me a waifu in Japan also

I expected an American to post this.
Maybe BMX, table tennis

Cut leg off
Become paralympian

It won't happen, most athletes have been playing their respective sport since early childhood. Some random neckbeard doesn't have a chance at picking up any discipline that quickly, let alone making it to the Olympics

The stuff that doesnt require athleticism requires a lot of money.
Archery and shooting are both prohibitively expensive for most people.

>random neckbeard
'no'

Don't know for shooting, but I looked it up for archery and the costs seem to be less than 1k per year? That is not prohibitively expensive, even for middle-class people.

>it's a Sup Forums thinks that they understand sports episode

It has to be a niche sport. Absolutely zero chance for making it to the olympics in anything relevant.

Like some anons suggested, shooting and archery might be viable. The guy who represented us in archery started as a thirty-something.

>I want to be a contestant in the next Olympic games.
>What sport is the fastest to learn (I will put in 10,000 hours of work until 2020) to be seriously competitive?
>Limitations:
>>it cannot be a strictly athletic discipline like jumping, weightlifting, discus, etc.
>>no team sports
>>not deathmarch
I know you are maybe jocking.
But the main guy from lazytown tv show, made an bet with his friend, they had to pick an sport to the other learn.

He picked snoker for his friend and his friend picked gymnastics for him.

Lazytown guy won many championships and the snoker one did the same.

>There are rowers who learnt it in a couple of years and went to the Olympics

really? I would've thought that rowing required many years of physical preparation

Pistol shooting

welp, 8 years then

Are you sure you don't want to compete for Lesotho or Kiribati?
If not, and since you are rich, your only chance and the only realistic answer is:

S A I L I N G