What images does this album evoke for you? Seems like everyone gets a different meaning out of this. I think of the far...

What images does this album evoke for you? Seems like everyone gets a different meaning out of this. I think of the far, distant past and the far, distant future with the contemporary paranoia and feeling of impending doom mixed in.

images of boc fans that think of far, distant past and the far, distant future with the contemporary paranoia and feeling of impending doom mixed in.

ts all really ugly desu

idk, i just find it as comfy downtempo to listen to at night

I'm not ugly tho.

Special for you OP hope you enjoy

Works really well as phone background

This is the 3rd time today one of my posts has ended in 88 WHAT IS HAPPENING

Something warm or related to the sun, maybe a solar flare. Generally something like that if you mean the album cover. It's been a while since I listened to the album in full so I can't really answer if you mean the music, I remember enjoying it a lot though.

60s and early 70s occult sect documentaries my dude.

Likewise MHTRTC was early 60s nature documentaries, TCH is 70s nature documentaries and TH is 80's apocalyptic documentaries.

>Gyroscope
>comfy downtempo to listen to at night

I mean I find it pretty relaxing usually. I understand the dark nature of the record, but I've never felt anything evil or anyting come off it. It usually puts images in my head around watching the sunrise to answer your question OP.

Of course one time I was walking down my building's stairwell and You Could Feel the Sky came on, and it legitimately unsettled me for some reason.

Can you recommend any occult sect documentaries?

i listened to this before i knew there were any satanic or evil themes about it

it didn't really make me too uncomfortable, i just thought it was a decent idm album.

i know people like to hold on to this as some sort of deep gateway to patriciandom, but it really isn't that huge of an artistic statement. just some derivative ambient and trip hop that does cool things at times

Oh hey it's the user that thinks Geoggadi is trip-hop

Get a load of this guy hahah

The beginning reminds me of an abandoned asylum or something, but as the album goes on and gets brighter, I imaging leaving the asylum and into the sunlight

?

Music is Math reminds me of commieblocks.

Who was the philosopher(?) that say you shouldnt think on images but in the "aestheticc" when it comes to music?

lol

hahah

i feel the other way
i KNOW people like to hold on to this as some sort of generic and derivative ambient and trip hop...
if you just don't feel it, that's ok, its not your shit, but that arrogance... this people always make me cringe

Each song is a different feel but its all extremely nostalgic. Like a recollection of the surreal memories of a young childhood and all the experiences you get that make a strong impression on you at the time.

pretty much this

boc are great, but overinterpreted imo

not english speaker sorry for my shit english
this is my fav album. I don't know shit about satanic cult's and stuff
but i listened to this n vinyl, at night and completely alone (i live in the countryside)...
one of the scariest shit i've ever heard, and comfy at the same time, that's the weird thing. I just felt the connection, i don't believe in ghosts but i swear that night i felt something paranormal, something weird
that was a good trip (and without using any drug)

Damn, I've never seen that picture.

This. After listening to lots of other IDM, BoC is just standard IDM. Nothing out of the ordinary.

For me it's more like the vague sensaton of drifting in and out of sleep in a grassy hill in a very sunny day. You know you might get a sunburn but all your body is heavy and you just don't care.

Then you get glimpses of your memory, recalled for no reason and out of order.

BoC have an obvious hauntology influence no other electronic artists comes even close to matching. All the stuff people have been saying about Geogaddi has been said since the release. There are some obvious themes going on.

I only drop in once every couple of months, but glad I saw this thread. Listening now, it's nice.

maybe BoC is not impressive for you but remember
this is before your soundcloud bullshit and youtube chanels
this guys been doing this shit since the 90's
>just ambient and trip hop
>ambient
>trip hop
you just can be so fucking pleb

what is it?

I don't get how people can find BoC NOT unsettling. Even Twoism unsettles me. All these weird, detuned warbly synths. It's all very unsettling and haunting.

IDM
yeah i know i bet you hate that word but it is what it is, you can call it chill downtempo if you want but this a little more experimental than that

contrarians and edgy teens
>that's not creepy! i'm so brave! right mom?
if you can see (and enjoy) the creepiness you are literally autistic

People who don't appreciate this album are most likely people who just threw it on in the background or something. Actually put a pair of headphones on and sit and listen to this thing in the dark without much distraction, maybe read the BoC pages along with it. Because I too used to think it was nothing more than a good bit of IDM before I listened to it properly.

*can't
fucking cellphone

>if you can see (and enjoy) the creepiness you are literally autistic

What?

What do you think it's about?

I don't consider it scary even though I enjoy their music.
It's just misterious, but not unsettling to me.

Why does this bendy synth music effect me so much?

Geogaddi was and still is a pretty influential album. if it just sounds like generic IDM to you I am sorry.

I get what makes it creepy. But for me I've always had a passing fascination of the unseen world, like numbers stations and unexplained phenomenon. I had the idea of sampling a numbers station before I ever listened to Geogaddi, and Gyroscope kind of blew me away since someone already had my idea.

Like the samples used in the album are creepy, but I personally view them as really creative and unique samples instead of extremely creepy ones.

Alpha and Omega makes me think of Mystic Ruins from Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. Sounds dumb but it's heavy, I dunno, childhood dream fantasy I guess, memories of playing video games when you're a little kid are weird. It's like you're remembering some weird dream on a separate plane of reality. Gotta go fast

>listens to non-Sup Forumscore IDM once

>if you don't what I feel you're autistic
lmao

Please in your wisdom share me an album that sounds like this one.

*if you don't feel what I feel