Has anything good ever come out of this place? Montreal and Vancouver are the peak of Canadian music

Has anything good ever come out of this place? Montreal and Vancouver are the peak of Canadian music.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfspvoNUJzM
youtube.com/watch?v=JZoeGRN_gZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably not.
It's a beautiful area though.

Eric's Trip

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfspvoNUJzM

I agree, imo this is probably the most 'Canadian' area of the country. Cultured as fuck, very friendly people, rich history. Also, it's not metropolized like Quebec, Ontario, or BC.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZoeGRN_gZk

What am i even looking at

wtf i love the maritimes now

>The Maritimes
>Cultured as fuck

ROFL, they're literally Canada's Deep South. The poorest, dumbest and most ignorant people come from there. What exactly is so "cultured" about them? A typical newfie is a substance abusing lowlife and even the ones that come west to work will admit what a cultural wasteland Eastern Canada is. Trailer Park Boys is an accurate depiction of life there. It's a nice place in terms of scenery, sure but what kind of music scene do you expect a bunch of poor fisherman to have besides sea shanties and local memerappers?

>70663999

Spoke too soon rofl.

yup. Though I do love BC a lot.

This. Mort was born over there

ha so true, I love generalizing millions of people too!

>newfies
>part of the maritimes
lmao i agree with what you said about newfies, but this is a MARITIMES thread.

Anything West of Quebec has no culture to speak of.

Other than the assorted meme's they call "culture"

>DEA beaver tim hortons moose xdddd

Oh shit, you're right, TIL. Didn't know the term Maritimes didn't include Newfoundland. But what I said was referring to NS and NB too. The only example of a well known and arguably good artist in this thread is one that was only born there and lived in the US for most of his life.

This. Also keep in mind how heavily Americanized everything west of Quebec is.

Expanding Sponge
(no, that's me it's not actually good)

but real talk Buck 65 is the shit

what album would you recommend?

talkin honky blues, any of the dritbikes if you're feeling adventurous.

epic, thanks user

this is true af

my gf is from small-town Ontario and the closest thing they have to 'culture' is Letterkenny

Plumtree is good, they inspired the creation of Scott Pilgrim

>Stan Rogers
>Anne Murray
>Joel Plaskett
>Wintersleep
>The Trews
>April Wine
>Matt Minglewood
>Rankin Family
>Sloan
>Buck 65
>Skratch Bastid
Is Nova Scotia the most significant contributor to Canadian musical culture?

>Is Nova Scotia the most significant contributor to Canadian musical culture?
probably, but unfortunately these artists are nowhere near as well-known as Montreal artists like Arcade Fire, or GY!BE

Ellen Page.

Nova Scotia has the best waifus, confirmed

>butthurt GTA faggot
being a mongrel consumerist in the big city is not "culture", mon frer

this

I'm moving to one of the territories in hopes of inspiring my one man atmospheric black metal band.

Eh...

who did this

>has anything good come out of this place?
pic related
also Cape Breton folk music is comfy af

any cape breton folk you recommend?

Natalie MacMaster, The Barra Macneils, Winston Scotty Fitzgerald, Ashley MacIssac, and Joe Cormier.
It's mostly fiddle stuff. If that's not your scene, then "Songs From Cape Breton Island" is a pretty good collection of waulking songs, though it's a rather barebones recording

thanks user, ill be sure to check these out

no problem. I forgot to mention Alan Mills who, though he's not from Cape Breton, has released a couple of very good sea shanty albums