Doctor Who General - /who/

Logopolis Edition

What does /who/ think of TBakers last serial?
Thoughts on Australian Tits?

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-09/there-is-a-dalek-in-the-bbc-that-could-actually-help-save-your-life
twitter.com/Jamti/status/741173676138237952
youtube.com/watch?v=bOLVxDxuS2w
youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Disappointing way for T. Bakes to go out

This is Lawrence Miles' favourite serial.

This is one of those stories that's so important you almost can't judge it as good or bad. It just is what it is. Would there be any way for Tom Baker to leave the show that wasn't anticlimactic? I doubt it. There are definitely some things I'd change though, like the newly reintroduced Master almost destroying the entire universe out of sheer mental retardation. But the atmosphere and tone are spot on and story is full of neat ideas. Also I continue to maintain that 4 and Adric worked well together. They were both intelligent outcasts, with Adric being a younger and edgier version of the Doctor and the Doctor being like a father figure to him. After the Baker to Davison regeneration the Doctor wasn't as authoritative and let Adric's cuntiness get out of hand, it just ruined the balance they had.

Less than an hour and this thread is already a PHUCKING CORPSE!!!

So what's /who/ with you? I just finished pic related, and I don't really grasp why everyone thinks it's so GOAT. I mean, the plot was interesting cause it's one of the few sans-aliens stories post First Doctor, and the twist at the end is pretty neat, but Eveleyn's character annoyed for about 3/4 of the story, and I only really settled into her in part 4. It was good besides that, but I don't understand the love everyone has for it. I thought WoT was way better.

Now I'm about to resume my Who from the beginning run with Mission to the Unkown. Is The Daleks Master Plan any good or just slow as shit and incredibly difficult to get through? 12 episodes is a really long serial.

Sorry it didn't grab you user. I think the main thing with Evelyn is she's dramatically different from other JNT companions, especially Peri, and the dynamic with Six having someone older brings out a different side of Colin (it's similar to Ten/Wilf in that way). What did you find annoying?

Whispers is good too of course, maybe a more experimental story with the whole "sound" aspect.

>Is The Daleks Master Plan any good or just slow as shit and incredibly difficult to get through? 12 episodes is a really long serial.
Like Trial of a Time Lord, it's better if you think of it as a few related serials rather than one long one.

Her character just seemed really out of whack. She's a history professor, but is far more concerned with drinking cocoa than being about and meeting people and expereincing history? I dunno. She just seemed incredibly unintelligent for someone that was kind of built up in part 1 to be very knowledgable and level headed. I guess that's what bothered me; for someone who IS older, she acts a lot more LIKE Peri than I expected. Her just seemed in the clouds a lttle too much. Maybe she'll grow on me. I guess we'll see.

Ah okay. I guess that makes sense.

>Now I'm about to resume my Who from the beginning run with Mission to the Unkown. Is The Daleks Master Plan any good or just slow as shit and incredibly difficult to get through? 12 episodes is a really long serial.

YOU'RE ABOUT TO BEGIN THE BASED WILES ERA. IT IS GOAT. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

cheers. jon bum

radiotimes.com/news/2016-06-09/there-is-a-dalek-in-the-bbc-that-could-actually-help-save-your-life

>not exterminating a race, but saving one
>literally exterminating bacteria

Written by a fucking idiot

Dat underbite

Good old fashioned silly fun with a great introduction to the new Master and a decent farewell to the old Dr.

>Whispers is good too of course
It makes me happy to see Whispers getting some love.

I loved Whispers. It was my first proper Sixie story, as I had never actually seen one of his episodes when I first listened to it. I thought the whole concept was really clever, and that Colin absolutely nailed it. I don't know why it doesn't get more love.

I've actually yet to hear a Six story I don't like tbqh. I've not been listening to Big Finish for very long but Six has shot right to the top of my favourite Doctors ranking. McGann has the second spot.

Reminder that Series 9 was pig shit.

But still better than 6, 7, and 8.

Which in turn were better than 2, 3, and 4.

Did you guys not like it? I did.

twitter.com/Jamti/status/741173676138237952

Is this research for his next episode?

It's just a guy memeing.

I didn't like what I saw of it but I haven't watched a full episode.

I found it thematicaly all-over-the-place and ultimately unsatisfying. But it was crafted well.

Don't let me piss in your Cheerios.

>but I haven't watched a full episode

>caring about the viewing habits of others
Literal autism.

I thought it was 'enh' and that was about it.

leave melanon alone!

>thematicaly all-over-the-place
What do you mean?

It's all good. I was just curious if that was the general opinion around here.

Why do spaceships malfunction spectacularly if you name them after french nobility?

>Gatiss never wrote for Torchwood

Does that mean he's out when Chibnall takes over

I'm not m-user. I'm doesn't watch nuwho user.

When is Class coming out mateys?

youtube.com/watch?v=bOLVxDxuS2w
Why can I see Twelve humming along to this?

The announcement said autumn this year I think

Do you really care about Class or are you just memeing?

Agreed my good fellow.
Although the Watcher was a lot of nonsensical bollocks

Class is gonna be GOAT though.

>implying Class isn't going to be SHEEP

Because 12 is into Metal.

So you are memeing?

No. It's gonna be the best spin off.

Are you also the user that was hyped for Foreskin?

Good old fashioned silly fun? The Doctor is literally haunted by his own imminent demise and spends most of the serial either mopey or angry, in contrast to his usual carefree charm. The story centers on the idea that our entire universe is past its expiration date, that we shouldn't even exist at this point and have only been surviving by using other universes as the cosmic equivalent of toxic waste dumps. Of course, that was just until the Logopolitans could work out a more permanent solution, but now they won't because they're fucking dead along with Nyssa's people, not as part of the Master's evil plot but just because he fucked up, their deaths are completely pointless. And of course there's the episode's ostensible theme, that entropy inevitably increases, which is one of the most depressing facts about the physical universe there is. Even if the Doctor manages to stop it from consuming the whole universe, he can't reverse it. Honestly, the fact that the Doctor even regenerates at the end almost feels like a cop out. Everything about the story feels like it's building to a legit death scene even though you know going in that it's not. It's is one of the most grim stories in the series.

Thanks m8. I keep missing these. Didn't get to vote in the last one either. I could have given Hartnell a higher rating. ;_;

I don't think anyone was unironically hyped for Foreman. It looked like it was going to be a complete shit show and everyone people wanted a good laugh. It's probably never happening though since Claudia left and the whole thing died.

Fair enough and agreed. While Six isn't my favorite, he's defintely up there and so is McGann. For me it's probably

>Smith >Hartnell >C. Baker >McGann

That's how I saw it m8. Just a bit of lighthearted Saturday teatime entertainment. That's not to say that you don't have a valid opinion. Simply that I don't agree with it.

Woah wait when did she leave? I knew she had like "muh breakdown' but I didn't know she backed out entirely.

what did you think of Six before you heard any audios?

Yeah Hartnell is a little too low. Hurt at the bottom is lame too imo. Not sure how Tennant got that high when there doesn't seem to be many people here who like 10 but who nose.

>Pet Shop Boys
>Metal

Huh?

I think she had a video where she said she was leaving and stuff. Moffat probably sent his Mafia team out to get them.

I never really disliked Colin's performance but overall his TV era was pretty shite. Varos and Revelation are still two of my all time favourite stories though.

I misread your post. I thought you said why you "can't" see 12 hum that.

Hurt will probably always come last since he had less onscreen time in the role than anyone else. Nice to see Troughton up so high though. I don't hate Tennant like some around here but I probably would put him near the bottom.

I can honestly say I'm a little disappointed; I needed something new to lel over after finishing Luke's material.

Also, after doing like 5 minutes of googling, according to the people behind Foreman a teaser trailer has a TBA date for sometime this year. So maybe there's still hope yet.

>Hurt will probably always come last since he had less onscreen time in the role than anyone else
Yeah that's fair. Maybe the BF audios will bring him up for next year.

> I don't hate Tennant like some around here but I probably would put him near the bottom.
Yeah same. I don't hate him but he's my least favorite.

Also we did the polls in January so be around that time next year if we do it again and you want to vote in it.

Yeah it would have been a laugh riot if we got to watch it. There was that one user who snunk into Foreman pretending to write episodes for them and leaked the scripts to us.

What's this? Is /who/ finally alive again?

Maybe. How are you doing user?

Seriously? I missed that. You wouldn't happen to have them/know where to get them would you? I remember when the bible leaked, and we all had a good laugh over that.

Can't remember where I read it, but Capaldi likes The Killers, British Sea Power and anything Bowie.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE

>Maybe the BF audios will bring him up for next year.
Different user here. The stories themselves are a little disappointing but Hurt is pretty good. I'm also liking Jacqueline Pearce as Ollistra.

Pretty good, watching some comfy Davison. What's /who/ with you?

I think I remember reading he liked The Killers too.
The Killers are BOAT.

Cool. I thought both boxsets were pretty good imo. Excited for the third.

Reading /who/ desu

I was rewatching Ice Warriors but I'm gonna stop for tonight at part 3. I might be one of the handful that liked the reveal in Cold War that their armor is a shellsuit. I can easily see it that way now while watching this serial.

I replied to that post thinking it was a 'What's /who/ with you?' for some reason. Time to sleep.

>their armor is a shellsuit.
It worked for our Jimmy.

>I needed something new to lel over after finishing Luke's material.
Well, not to worry, Luke is coming out with more shit soon.

we call that a track suit

In Britain we call it a shell suit. It's a type of track suit. They were very popular among the lower classes back in the early 90s until it was revealed just how flammable the fabric was.

Pertwee really let himself go

He sure did. All over this kid's face.

Revenge of the Adipose

The Slitheen's Master Plan

Shh this is a good thread.

Okay I'll come back later

Nah, stick around. A bit of memeing always improves a thread.

Get out of here too!

Is it true memeing if I actually want to see those episodes

I'm not going anywhere m8. If you have a problem with memeing then maybe it is you who should leave.

You claiming you want to see those episodes is clearly memeing.

I've watched every episode of Doctor Who available, I don't have the highest standards

I mean, it's hard to see what the Adipose would even want revenge for.

>I don't have the highest standards
That's where you're going wrong. To be a true fan your standards must be unattainably high. You must watch and hate every episode as well as being able to write a ten page article full of pretentiousness about why you think it is shit.

Shitlords and anti-fat acceptance.

They grew up being shunned by the other Adiposians for being born from Earth pleb fat

Anyone know why the serial generator, no matter how many you choose to generate, will only generate 1?

This?
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php

I dunno, i assumed it was only happening to me. Must be a problem with the code

>Which in turn were better than 2, 3, and 4.
You have to be fucking kidding me right?

Seasons 1-4 are 10/10. I liked 5 but after 5 the show really dropped

>Seasons 1-4 are 10/10
nah.

>Seasons 1-4 are 10/10.
Kekkerinio

if you think seasons 5-9 are better then you are the biggest pleb ever

>Seasons 1-4 are 10/10.
I like RTD but this has to be bait, there were some fucking garbage episodes in those seasons.

>he doesn't like kill the hitler

Agreed that it's overrated.
Some of the later Evelyn/Six stories do deserve their praise though. But the first few ones can be kinda weak.