So let me get this straight

So let me get this straight

They broke into his house and placed the mask he left at the party on his pillow while his wife was sleeping?

Explain the scene in the toy store when she said "There's only one thing left to do, fuck.

she was in the party

nah you dumb nigger. she found out and put his mask there to show she knew and she was OK with it. that's why it's time to fuck

Provide evidence for this claim. Nothing in the film suggests this.

She knew the password.

it's literally the only accepted theory

This is a movie about the Rothschilds and MK Ultra.

Oh fuck... you think that guy from Turkey she danced with told her about it?

Dr. Bill is a gay

He spends time touching female patients' tits and can't satisfy his wife who is miserable, hence her dream and dancing with the fancy guy in the beginning.

>Explain the scene in the toy store when she said "There's only one thing left to do, fuck.

OR, the movie isn't complicated to understand and both had sexual desires. She had her fantasy and Bill tried to live out his at the house.

No you dumb ape.

They knew where he lived because they checked his coat pocket with the rental receipt

Yes they broke in

Bill was scared when he came back and saw it.

He got followed throughout the damn movie you dumb ape

Pay attention

U're a faget

The entire party with Red Cloak was a dream. It never happened.

How

I don't think so but he DEFINITELY would have been at the party.

Bill's wild marijuana induced dream brought on by the revelation of his wife's fantasies.

Then how the fuck did she know the password

Eh, it more or so uses it for its real message: the movie is about coming to terms with problems (mainly sexual ones) in a relationship. The movie offers us two paths:

>The path of Bill and Alice one where at the end of the movie they discuss there problems as a couple which is a healthy thing for a relationship. Its why in the end Alice says to Bill that after laying all the problems out on the table, all thats left is too fuck.
>The Ziegler Path: This path is the one of infidelity and lies. The infidelity in Ziegler's marriage is so strong the guy doesn't mind fucking a chick in his own bathroom at the same party his own wife is at. Its obvious his wife knows but is beyond even giving a shit. Also they are two people in masks in the balcony at the party. Notice her mask, she's a clown (representing joy and laughter) with a saddened face and tear, probably to represent how her role as a happy wife is just a facade.

Its actually the exact opposite. Its the only part of the movie that isn't full of glowing christmas lights. This is where Bill walks away from the fake reality of the everyman and into the world of the superrich and decadent. Every other scene like it (the bathroom scene, Bill standing outside of the gates, and Ziegler's pool scene) only further lead to Bill becoming redpilled about not just this cult, but the lifestyles of the Super rich and powerful.

I always assumed they broke in and left it there as a threat.

As for her dream. Up to that point, Bill is trying to compete with her dreams. It explains that he is being transgressive to her as well as to the high life he failed to crash. It maintains the focus on her and his failure to keep up, which is the central theme, and which might have been buried somewhat by "muh mk Ultra Rothschilds"

As for her final line. It leaves me cold. But there's something very profound going on with their daughter and the way she drifts off while they talk?...

ITT: LITERALLY NO ONE has read Schniztler

>The "meaning" of the film is intended to be somewhat vague and unclear because it is showing Cruise's bewilderment at stumbling into something far beyond his level of competence.

>The earlier party scene was meant to show the "comprehensible" face of the same wealthy elites depicted later on. Cruise believed himself to be equal in measure to those people, but in fact he was merely just a medical functionary who was nowhere close to the actual workings of high society.

>He was "found out" by the fact that he arrived by taxi and also that he simply did not fit in, because he was unfamiliar with the customs and manners of the community which he attempted to infiltrate.

>This is related to the notion of everything being for sale, and money's ability to exert power and fulfill one's needs or fantasies. In the costume-buying sequence, he arrives at the store after-hours, and bribes the shopkeeper to open up. He throws money at his problems and appears to take pride in that (he gets his costume after all), which sets up the destruction of his temporary sense of adequacy later on.

>That was done in two main ways - the first was the fact that even though he shelled out money for costume and taxi (something that the street punks who harassed him probably couldn't have afforded), he was revealed as a fraud at the party by the fact that he hadn't spent nearly enough.

>Then, when it is implied that the shopkeeper sold his daughter to those creepy Asians rather than going to the cops. EVERYTHING in the shopkeeper's possession was available for a price, and in that sense he was merely a cheap pimp, which exposed the pathetic nature of Cruise's attempt to insinuate himself into the world of the elites.

>For all of his presumed "success," he was nowhere near successful enough to be regarded as an elite, nor was he enough of a man to keep his wife from discussing her fantasies about other men. When he breaks down sobbing toward the end and confesses everything, he has basically given up on his quest to become a real man/a real success, etc. The mask comes off, he embraces his frailty, etc.

>explain the toy store scene

what Kidman and Cruise are saying means literally nothing. look in the backround and you will see their daughter being led away by what can be assumed to be Zeiggler/Rothschilds men

oh shit, quality post. I think this is actually right.

So was Kubrick himself unable to join the ranks of the old money elite himself and bitter about it, or what.

Probably. Hollywood has it's own creeps to you know.

okay the front layer of that film is basically sexual depression/frustration on cruise character. just get that straight.
the other layer is the hidden society / sex orgy / "whoops someone overdosed too bad" stuff.

anyhow it's implied that kidman was or even is one of those fucktoys at the party. there's several scenes where her manerism mirrors it and she even talks about these experiences with her husband at one point.

the scene in the sex store is just as said very shallow since it's really just about sex and some pseudo complicated relationship shit. cruise wants to bang and his set up wife is ready to deliver (one more hint that she's simply a fucktoy for rich guys).
anyhow daughter is raised by a fucktoy and even learns some traits about being a smart fucktoy like for example kidman teaches her how to judge men by their bank account.

movie is just uneven imo. yes there's some elite society / drug-sex party stuff going on but there's still a lot of other themes in their that throw the movie off in a sense.

I liked it the first time I watched it and hated it the second time.

I've never seen this and I've been meaning to for a long time. Should I watch this with my sister?

When Bill watches a couple fuck at the party in one of the smaller rooms and the man from the mezzanine shot walks in with a naked woman, in the next shot it's a different naked actress approaching Bill.

When Bill talks to Ziegler toward the end, the hue changes from red to green between two shots in the middle of the scene.

What did he mean by this?

Wasn't Dan Scnihder in this film?

God yes

sure.

i don't understand why there are so many EWS threads on Sup Forums. I come on here maybe 3 times a week and there is always one.

Maybe im being a fag but I've never been able to give this movie a serious watch. Growing up, discovering each new Kubrick film seemed to offer something great in a totally different and unexpected way and when it comes to the last of the line it always feels like I'm saying goodbye to him and that part of my life.

Her acting is so awful in this scene, also the scene where she's describing the dream to her husband.

>Her acting is so awful in this scene
She's portraying someone who is not only high but being over dramatic. It's actually spot on acting.

> dat little squeeze

I always thought this was just one of those campy "Hollywood Supercouples" movies like Mr and Mrs Smith

I know it's Kubrick, but I've heard only bad things about this film

Is there any depth to be gained here Sup Forums? Is this worth checking out?

>I've heard only bad things about this film
that's because you're on Sup Forums

>very important
>need
>as soon as possible

Why such strong language? What was Kubrick trying to imply?

My second favorite Kubrick. It's funny, tense, suspenseful. It's a good, introspective look at marriage and temptation. Also, you can just look at it like a guy who's trying to get laid. It's blue balls: the film. It's great fun.

Watch this before going to bed, it's so eerie and well-made that you will enjoy the movie.

she put the mask there to let tom cruise know he was a big guy for her.

this movie is so simple and literal. how can the autists on Sup Forums have problems understanding any aspect of it? are you legit retarded? JFC

>comparing EWS to mr and mrs smith

holy shit if a post has ever made me wanna kill myself this is it.

Sex is one of the most important factors in a relationship. It defines intimacy and love through a physical union.

IM UNEDUCATED I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT THAT'S THE BEST DAMN POSTER IVE EVER SEEN GOT DAMNN NIGGAAAA!!!!! ALSO THE TRAILERS PRETTY GOOD, NOT INDICATIVE OF HOW THE FILM FEELS AT ALLLLLL

the trailer would lead you to believe this to be true

This.
Keep in mind that its almost 3 hours long though.