Are you hyped? Or has all the sequels to Alien just destroyed the magic and mystery?

Are you hyped? Or has all the sequels to Alien just destroyed the magic and mystery?

I wanna see the trailer. I sincerely hope it's not another Prometheus.

Not hyped, but i did like the atmosphere and design in Prometheus.
As long as there is no Lindelhack script it can't infuriate........right?

Being that it's a sequel to a shitty movie that buried the franchise, I have zero expectations. The whole franchise has been one shitty movie, each worse than the last, for almost 30 years since Aliens.

>those screenwriters

NOPEEEEEE

*since Alien

Alien and Aliens are my all time favorite sci-fi films so I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed with this remake.

Prometheus managed to be even worse than Alien 3 and this was quite the fucking feat. I have zero hope for this. Also fucking pissed Blomkamp's Alien got put on hold so Covenant is released first. There's no guarantee Blomkamp's Alien will be good but at least it has Ripley and Hicks in it.

Alien 3 was boring B grade trash, no way it's better than Prometheus

It doesn't get any better.

Honestly, as 'terrible' as they are, what's better???

Battlefield Earth, Interstellar, Moon, Phantom Menace????

Dude dude dude,

I am shocked....

No one told you?

>It's all about the deleted scenes.

100% serious, not even joking.

Some of the characters in Alien 3 were at least somewhat likable and not all braindead, and the plot wasn't as stupidly retarded as Prometheus'. Alien 3 is shit but Prometheus is worse.

You'd have to pay me to watch Prometheus again, deleted scenes or not. It's one of the only films I asked a refund for at the theater.

well I at least appreciate the production value of Prometheus. All of alien 3 happened in a prison...

Surely you asked, beta faggot.

Prometheus looked good, that's for sure. I loved the silos that looked straight out of the original concepts from Alien. It's a shame that the film is so fucking shit and good productions value can't save it.
I happen to really like the prison in Alien 3 as well, especially the huge smelter room.

are those my only two choices when answering?

Since I am a huge pleb faggot and find Prometheus acceptable within the cannon to place it THIRD best, I AM hyped.

Have you kids seen the Director's Cut of Alien 3? It's actually somewhat fixes a lot of the problems the theatrical cut faced and makes it a lot more atmospheric.

No, not really Ridley Scott
is 80 years old, and has long lost it.

Alien anthology power rankings:

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 DC > Alien Resurrection > Alien 3 >>>> A literal pile of shit > Prometheus

Aliens > Alien 3 > Alien

This is very accurate, though I'd say Alien and Aliens are on par. The former being the best horror film ever and the second being the best sci-fi military action film ever.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING FAGGOOOOOOOOOOT

don't like shit? eat some more, it will be better, I promise!

The first Alien was a genuine masterpiece. Aliens was just a fun popcorn action flick, huge drop in quality. Alien 3 blew. Alien 4 blew, but it was so bad it was enjoyable. AVP 1 & 2 blew. Prometheus is one of the worst flicks ever. So yeah, why even bother with this franchise anymore? It's not been mysterious or suspenseful since 1979. They're selling you same shit over and over again. Aliens from 1986 was the point of no return when they made the stupid ants out of xenomorphs.

Do you get all your fucking opinions from the internet, turbopleb? The assembly cut of Alien 3 is way better than Alien 4.

Alien > Alien 3 Assembly Cut > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien Resurrection.

Oh, fuck off you and your goddamn cuts. Cut your fucking mother and leave me alone, I don't care if Alien 3 CUT is totally different movie, who gives a fuck if I have to watch 59 different versions of it to boost the rating from 12% to 21%, you motherless cunt. Die.

I think you need to rewatch Aliens or get your fucking head checked, for it is a masterpiece.

To be honest the theatrical cut of Aliens is very inferior to the Director's Cut, dunno if this user is raking the original or the DC.
Also, it's not a film but not only is Alien Isolation an excellent game but it had a pretty solid plot with good lore expansions. Felt like a real interquel between Alien and Aliens.

The only movie worth watching out of this entire franchise is Alien.
Everything else is shit.
To call Aliens a masterpiece is a joke.

It turned the franchise into a bug hunting thing which the original alien wasn't.
I love Aliens but it went to a complete different direction and now people crave that while in reality Alien wasn't about shooting things left and right.

Not him but I do consider Aliens (the Director's Cut) to be a masterpiece. Not for the same reasons as Alien, obviously, but still.
I thought Cameron deciding to make an actionized sequel was the right choice. I doubt he would've been able to even come close to Alien in terms of horror but the guy has (had?) a really solid grasp of what makes excellent action films as well as killer art direction.

>Aliens
>masterpiece

Alien and Aliens are a different genre. One is a suspense horror and the other an action thriller. It's difficult to compare them.

>Cameron deciding to make an actionized sequel was the right choice
Okay, why? You're just grasping at straws. It was literally a dumb action flick but with space aliens so it was kinda newsworthy and interesting. Stupid one-liners and cheesy marines, cheap girl character etc. Such a drop in everything.

>It's difficult to compare them
Not difficult at all. Alien is a masterpiece, Aliens is just solid. See? Not that hard.

No, your opinion does not equate to the absolute state of a work. You can't say it IS something, you can only express and EXPLAIN your feelings on it. Now you know how to think like an adult, you're welcome.

It doesn't change the fact Aliens is 100 levels below Alien, you pseudo-intellectual Down's.

Better than Lindelof

Hating on Alien 3 is a meme that's older than the internet. It had its problems, but it's a genuinely good movie. I think a good 60-70% of the reason it was hated SO much was due to its treatment of Newt/Hicks.

i fapped to the logo

More hyped for that instead of another Ripley movie.

Ridley Scott hasn't made a great movie since Alien. This will be shit.

troof. Aliens is da best

>Thelma and Louise
>Legend
>Blade Runner
>Gladiator
>Matchstick Men
>American Gangster
>Kingdom of Heaven DC
>all shit because some loser on the internet says so
haha

After The Martian, I have less faith in Ridley making a good movie again.

Prometheus is good and hopefully Covenant will also be good

None of those are great. Blade Runner is moody boring shit, and Gladiator and KoH DC are good but not great. The rest are just okay.

Lindelof is a fucking hack but his writing was further fucked in editing.

Funny, because it's exactly the oposite. The Martian is the only good thing Ridley has done since Blade Runner

Srsly? Watching Mark Wahlberg talking into the camera and doing soliloquies about plants and music was good?

Yes. Yes it was.

It was fun and it was well directed and edited, and that's more than you can say about anything Ridley has done since fucking Blade Runner

I dunno, dudes, I mentally checked out after 45 min and everything after that was just hatewatching. Such a tedious spaceshit.

I finally saw Prometheus a couple of months ago. It was absolute garbage, worse than Alien 3, worse than Problem Child 2, worse than capeshit. So no I'm not excited about Alien: Covenant.

The idea of "losing" a franchise has created a lot of horrible movies.
Prometheus could of been a movie of it's own. It was really good