The Conjuring 2

This was acceptable. In twenty years no one but people who are obsessed with horror movies will remember it. But it was honestly fine.

That's how horror movies go, but IMHO horror fans are dedicated.

Horror fans LOVE old movies, unlike action movies, and "sci-fi" fans.

Halloween is still as good, if not better, then the new one.

>Halloween is still as good, if not better, then the new one.
You're making it sound like it's some sort of achievement.
Rob Zombie is the most white trash "horror" movie director there is.

Nigga the reason we love old horror movies is because the last good one was almost a decade ago

yeah, pretty much. other than western fans (cause they don't have much choice, really), (proper) horror fans are the only genre fans who actually actively watch older movies.

True, but The Conjuring movies aren't that unique or great. Even nowadays when people talk about the recent good horror movies they usually just mention Babadook and It Follows, but not the original The Conjuring.

Babadook and It Follows are a checklist of what indie directors think fans want in a "proper" horror movie. They are completely unimaginative and boring, and only get credit because they don't make the common mistakes that most directors do.

>They are completely unimaginative and boring
I disagree.
>fans want in a "proper" horror movie
They aren't exactly loved by normal people. It seems like your average filmgoer wants a shitty Hollywood horror like Insidious or Paranormal Activity 5.

>only horror enthusiasts will remember it

not true. I'm not into the genre and this was the only horror film that kept me interested for the duration

Babadook gets credit because it tries to have some depth (keyword is "tries"), but is dumb and unsubtle just enough for your average critic to think "wow, it's so deep and I'm so smart for figuring it out"

It's babby's first metaphorical horror.
I want to kill myself every time I have to hear how deep and intellectual it is.

Most "horror fans" think the entire genre started in the 80s. Sometimes they mention famous horror films from the 70s, but usually they know very little about older horrors or don't even consider them horrors.

Neither Babaduke nor It Follows were even scary. At least not for me.

The Conjuring was proper horror for me that didn't fall on its face like Mama or The Haunting or The Ring 2.

As for the reason Baba and Follows are talked about more, that has more to do with them both coming out last year.

Original Conjuring was 3 years ago.

>As for the reason Baba and Follows are talked about more, that has more to do with them both coming out last year.
No, it's because they were unique and loved by the critics. The same thing happened with The Witch this year.

The 4 best horror films in the last 4 years are Babadook, It Follows, Witch, and Conjuring. ls this the same tier? Or just generic horror like Conjuring should have been.

Only a year's gone by and barely anyone even talks about them anymore.

Critics also loved The Conjuring by the way.

WASTED

Checked

All three films are always mentioned together as the example of the so-called (indie) horror renaissance.
The Conjuring while good is still a Hollywood movie.

You think you're better than me?

SPOOKY

Welp!

I really miss pre-"all zombies are cannibalistic mindless beasts because of some infection" zombie movies.
Voodoo zombies are so much scarier and cooler.

To be honest, these films were always rare. Even before Night of the Living Dead.

too bad the poster is a dumb faggot cucklord

Because the only thing that people have the attention span to think of let alone discuss is something that is happening in the immediate second.

POSTERU IN EPICARU BREAD XDD

Nice try, Double Satan.

They also aren't considered that scary by most people.

Fuck off autists.

What is considered scary by most people? Paranormal Activity?

wtf is this potato quality meme? fuck off newfag

The Conjuring is considered scary by both critics and audiences, the only person I've seen who didn't consider it scary was Adum Plaze and that's because he just doesn't care for ghost stories.

goddammit satan
you flip the second sixes

B I G G E T
I
G

G
E
T

What has ''white trash'' got to do with anything?

>unique
Fuck no they were not unique. Watch more movies.
>critics
Hahahahahahahahahaha

You have to go back.

The conjuring is the biggest meme pondered to gullible audiences who think it actually happened. It made no effort to actually give a good atmosphere and everything was done to get the cheapest and dumbest jump scare.