Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQjX1h8VuWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

hip-hop is universal

you cant be racist to white people, silly

>be white rapper
>white rap listeners say you're bad because you don't understand the struggle
>black rappers get buttmad that you're "appropriating their culture" for daring to make better music than them
The biggest thing holding rap back from being truly great is black people. They can't do anything but mumble over shit trap beats and do drugs. Creativity in music will only be found in white people. I mean, look how long it took them to realize that internal rhyme was a thing.

nice meme, but where's your argument

where's yours? not a single statement of your post was true

It was though. Have you never heard a group of white kids talk derisively of whites? Don't you notice how people try to desperately to imitate blacks?

The hip hop community makes a point of excluding white people.

some of it

youtube.com/watch?v=oQjX1h8VuWA

Hip Hop is supposed to be a safe space where POC can heal from their oppression. You can listen sure, but don't judge or try to insert yourself in a conversation that's not for you

OH MY FUCKING GOD
I'm sick of people putting us "POC"s in light like we're whiny little bitches who need constant Jesus fucking christ grow a pair of fucking nuts and express yourself the way you want. Music is an art where you can express yourself no matter the way it's made. White people can rap about whatever they want
Black people could scream death metal loud as they want
Hispanics can sing pop rock for all they want
and Asian can sing fucking punk rock (sorry don't have a stereotype for asians)
Stop restricting music and stop restricting art. You're no better then the people who didn't let a certain race's music be heard in the 30s.

Constant help and saving*

Hip-hop basically is white music though. White people sign the artists, white people buy the records, black artists cater to the tastes of edgy white teenagers; it's like rock'n'roll in the 50's.

It hasn't really been Black since like the Run-DMC days.

>I don't understand how cultural forces that shape art: the post

Fact: White suburban kids aren't gonna make the same rap albums as inner city black kids. white suburban kid albums about inner city black kids are gonna suck, so they make albums about being a suburban white kid instead.

We draw from experience, what we know. Hip hop and rap are intrinsically and musically tied to black people. It's a genre created by them, and it's still extremely popular with them. Inner city black kids grow up listening to it, then they look outside and they see it, so they internalize it and in some cases learn to externalize it through writing, art, and indeed the same music that they've come to understand intricately theough years of exposure.

"Anyone can make art about anything" is wishy washy reductionist bullshit in the same vein as "everyone is a winner if they just try". We make art about what we understand, and what we understand more than anything else in the wirld is ourselves.

Black people are the last fully authentic consumer units left out there.

not the guy you're replying to but is it racist if i dont like rap and think it is regressive in its message?

Not the guy you are replying to either, but you have to understand music as a product of an industry that exists within the capitalist system.he progressive ideal is dead and people start realising they rats in a cage.The obsession with sex and violence has to be expressed somewhere, tThe misery of the ghetto starts being exploited as a form of entertainment. White liberals and white reactionaries fetishise 'black culture' in different ways.

I mean it's kinda fucking retarded to write off an entire genre as shit, but then again I have no love for country or metal for genres so who am I to judge?

Probably doesn't make you racist though.

It's definitely a degenerative form of music similar to punk rock. One day we'll get up to the level of futuristic wonderland electronica orchestra ensembles.

Nigga Eminem is considered one of the greatest of all time and he's white as all get out.

Shut the fuck up you, you have no argument and are just giving out low tier bait.

>what is tribe called quest
>what is kendrick lamar
>what is danny brown
>what is ice cube
I can name some more good hip hop artists, just let me know if you want me to

Not baitanon, but Eminem also grew up in the low income inner city, and while he struggled for a period because of it his rapid surge to fame came in no small part because of his skin color and appeal to suburban America, and Eminem is perfectly aware of that (see: White America).

>Fact: White suburban kids aren't gonna make the same rap albums as inner city black kids. white suburban kid albums about inner city black kids are gonna suck, so they make albums about being a suburban white kid instead.

Why does this even matter? I could name plenty of "White hip-hop albums" that aren't the stereotypical suburban white guy rapping. Same with albums by black people.

People get butthurt over Eminem's race all the time
>he only popular cuz he white

I agree with this. Also, for "white people shouldn't be allowed to rap" people what's your argument for rock music? Rock is intrinsically tied to black music, are you gonna act like that means that no white rock musicians have created meaningful and genuine rock music because it's not "what they know"? I mean there's a difference between appreciating a culture and appropriating a culture, if you're a white kid (no matter your circumstance) and you love rap and grow up listening to rap and decide one day that you want to make rap music, fuck anyone who wants to tell you that you're being racist or don't even understand rap music or whatever. I mean there are trends to be sure, but rap albums don't all sound one way, and don't revolve around a single issue or follow a specific thread of issues. and it's way more racist to make THAT claim imo

"Rock is black" is something that hasn't been relevant for 60 years

Some branches of the early rock tree sprung from black communities

Pretty much half of music created could be classified as some branch of rock

Saying Rock is black music is completely ludicrous

You're right, sort of. The important part isn't "white" or "black", it's "suburban" and "inner city". Even if you don't make stereotypical indie rock/hip hop, ultimately your work will still be touched to some degree by the influences in your life.

That isn't to say that a suburban white guy couldn't put out a 10/10 hip hop album in this day and age, but it'd be a lot harder for them to get in a position where they'd be well versed enough in an understanding of hip hop to pull it off.

Genres of music aren't racist

Just know that if you're white and mainly listen to rap, you are literally the bottom of the barrel. The saddest life form to inhabit the earth.

Can you give us some examples of white artists who were genuinely treated unfairly due to their race? Rap as a genre, being as lyrically focused as it is, values the concept of authenticty greatly. When white artists are true to themselves (Bestie Boys, Eminem, Mac Miller) they recieve all of the respect and praise which they deserve from the hip hop community. People have this perception that hip hop is unfair to certain white artists, but the only ones who get attacked are over the top phonies like Iggy Azelia who rightfully deserve to be critizied. If a black guy from Compton moved to Dubin, dressed up like pic related, dyed his hair red, recorded an Irish sea shanty album in a fake brouge accent and talked a bunch of shit about established Irish musicians, I'm pretty sure he would be attacked too. As long as you aren't trash or fake, rap will be fine to you, regardess of your race.

Lol... Go away.