"U2 was definitely post-punk. We were entrenched in that scene, having come of age as punk fans...

>"U2 was definitely post-punk. We were entrenched in that scene, having come of age as punk fans. We loved Joy Division and Television and Wire. We toured with This Heat and Mission of Burma. And that's a genuine fact. Our influences were always more far reaching that just the post-punk scene that we emerged from though. We loved Einstürzende Neubauten and KMDFM and The Young Gods too. We were fans of My Bloody Valentine before Loveless."

What did Bono mean by this?

Early U2 maybe but certainly not their later work

Yeah I'm calling bullshit on all of that

U2 are as post-punk as Kenny G is free jazz

>We loved Joy Division and Television and Wire.
>We toured with This Heat and Mission of Burma. And that's a genuine fact.
>We loved Einstürzende Neubauten and KMDFM and The Young Gods too. We were fans of My Bloody Valentine before Loveless.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

U2 sold out but they were always decent.

Any hate towards them is revisionist history and because of that South Park/IPhone BS.

War is a good album

wow
what a fucking cunt
you can just smell how bad he's posturing
like just namedropping random shit in a desperate effort for "cred" when clearly u2 have never heard a post-punk or industrial or shoegaze record in their life

>he never heard the experimental/ambient masterpiece Original Soundtracks
>he doesn't hear the industrial influences in Achtung Baby
Face it, if Bono wasn't such a massive cunt no one would be hating on them. Also, if you don't recognize U2's massive influence and iconic progression in sound you're probably underage.

yeah sure whatever dad

>U2's massive influence and iconic progression
here, take some (you)

go back to R E D D I T you faggot
u2 are nickelback tier

u mad bono is patrician and has been for longer than your parents have been alive? top fucken kek

Underage confirmed. Name a band as big as U2 to take such a aesthetic/sound change before them.

Your precious Radioheads owe their career to U2 btw

I hate nu-Sup Forums.
Any variant of 'reddit' should be a week long sitewide ban.

yeah, whatever Bono. Noone will discuss with you here, fuck off

I kek'd OP nice pasta

Everyone hates U2 because bono is a cunt

I wish I was that Irish cunt, making mad cash not doing shit all day while The Edge writes all the riffs for our next minimalistic pop rock shitfest.

u2 = reddit the band

fag rock for fag white middle aged low t cucks to softly bob their head to during the 8am traffic

Nice teen buzzwords.

If you like U2 there's no point in coming on Sup Forums

If you ignore U2's influences on your indie rock trite you shouldn't post here.

If U2 was a girl, how would her personality be like? (U2 != Bono, so don't just describe Bono plz)

If you think Sup Forums is full of indie fans you're like two years behind

There's a lot more pop/rap wankery going on, but Sup Forums will always have its fair share of indieheads.

WE WUZ

>Any hate towards them is revisionist history and because of that South Park/IPhone BS.

This