What are some ways to cleverly mask self promotion of your band?

What are some ways to cleverly mask self promotion of your band?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/epicproblem/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

asking for a friend?

okay Michael Gira. Give it up we know that's (you).

Making good music

The jig is up, Stefan

oddly endearing, makes me think that they weren't going to go for the "edgy and mysterious" look initially

lol no way

reddit.com/user/epicproblem/

kek is this real

yeah they were, it's not like those people new that was andy. Just trying to put the music out there. That's pretty funny

grips summed up

make shitty reviews about your own music everywhere

another sneaky tactic: follow tens of thousands of people on Twitter then get 2 likes when you drop your fresh album

why is this still a thing

If your music is good, it will pick up

I never knew this

drop it in sharethreads lol
I got a solid 100 downloads and 3 cassette purchases over a few days that way

On Sup Forums, take a slow burn approach. Start by putting it in the middle of your AOTY lists, rec it to people among a few other albums. Never over praise it or drop a direct link (make sure the name and cover are unique and come up on google), just spread it around and let people find it out of curiosity.

Rub your band's name on the mirror of a school bathroom

This seems like the most sneaky yet effective way

Will?

This has worked for
>Will
>Prah Suofmani Ruoy
>Death Grips
>Have a Nice Life
And many other viralmarketing-core bands

do satanic sex orgy rituals with children and as well as but not limited rotting deer corpses

Fair warning, I did this a few years ago and it quasi-backfired because a popular enough trip (this was back when Sup Forums was 70% trip circlejerking) really liked my album (which was garbage, and I'm willing to admit that) and started posting it and then other anons occasionally posted it and the added popularity came with added (justified) criticism and I wound up just deleting my bandcamp and when I got around to releasing new, better music just did it under a different name.
I made money and got a boost in popularity on bandcamp but I wasn't happy with the album and quickly regretted it. I'm much happier with my music now.
So do first unless you legitimately have no sense of shame.

Which trip was it
And lowkey what was the album

I do not remember his name, I feel like it was Hawk something. He made his own music and saw my shit in bandcamp threads. And I'm not about to self-promote the album I'm using as a bad example. It's, to my knowledge, scrubbed from the internet for the most part.

Will?

As if Will cares about cleverly masking his self promotion

So wait are you still using that strategy now with your "good" music?

No. I don't post here nearly enough and the culture is a lot less easy to manipulate than it was back then. My music is far less popular but I get more people who say they enjoy it than people who say it's garbage so that's all I need.