youtube.com/watch?v=BR64uNeFuIk
youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM
youtube.com/watch?v=BJk6gZuPKRE
youtube.com/watch?v=lPg5AS-KVRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=O-fyNgHdmLI

Audioslave s/t

soundcloud.com/theboyghost/ogws-folgersablunt

there's literally not a single buttrock album or song that it is essential to listen to

Chevelle - Send the Pain Below
Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane

I could go on.

i cant name a time the term "buttrock" hasnt made me atleast chuckle

What the fuck. This almost sounds like a parody.

youtube.com/watch?v=LcdBQyo9S1s

AC/DC is what I think of when people say buttrock

Metallica - s/t
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe
Guns 'N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Van Halen - s/t
Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Boston - s/t

None of that is buttrock. That is dadrock.

Buttrock is shit like Creed, Nickelback, Puddle of Filth, Breaking Benjamin, that sort of post-grunge alt-rock made during the late 90s and early 00s.

youtube.com/watch?v=h_hNv7l4DXM

As generic and copy paste some buttrock got towards the mid 2000's I'd still take it back in a heartbeat If It meant rock was relevant on the charts

>Hoobastank

It's like you opened a rift between worlds and allowed an alternate timeline to replace our previously un-Hoobastanked '90s, falsifying our memories to create Hoobastanks where no Hoobastanks were before

>tfw I unironically enjoy Like a Stone

im more of a fan of Out of Exile w/ Be Yourself
unironically dont mind Audioslave

I unironically like some of Chevelle's work.

Some people might consider Incubus to be buttrock but S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is great. Make Yourself and Morning View are pretty good as well.

Led Zeppelin - IV

he said buttrock not dadrock

why is the descriptor "buttrock" so perfect, Sup Forums?

It is a silly descriptor yet has a strangely specific sonic quality. I see the word "buttrock" and can immediately hear it in my mind.

But what IS it? What are the essential qualities of buttrock beyond its era and instrumentation? Why does it make your butt rock so? And why is this rocking butt looked down on compared to a groovy bassline doing the same? Is it a stilted rocking butt?

We need minds on this.

buttrock=post-grunge (also used to refer to hair metal)
cockrock=arena rock

It is the rock preferred by the human beings which can best be described as butts
It is the rock performed at a frequency which is nearly indistinguishable from the frequency of butts
It is the rock received not by one's ears but by one's butt

This is god tier buttrock.
youtube.com/watch?v=yn_zhdYFABE

Fuck, I've always liked that song. It's their only good song. What's wrong with it?

>reads "god tier butt rock"
>"well if that isnt the dumbest shit ive ever hear how can somone even make go-"

that truly is the only way to describe this song, and im really liking it

>god tier

That does sound like a christian band.

Unironically enjoy this whole album.

Chevelle has some great hits

I gotchur back hombre.

I can't quite point my finger on it but I can always tell when I'm listening to a christian rock band without hearing the lyrics. The music has a really cheap bland quality to it.

WIHAAAARRRRRSWIIOOOOHENNNN
HUNDEERRRRRASUUUHIIIIIIGHT

Metallica's 90s albums

WE WUZ KANGGZ

youtube.com/watch?v=BR64uNeFuIk

Remember this when you have your 90's parties.

Mid 90's Hetfield is the model from which all buttmetal frontmen are based on.

youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM

i never made that connection but holy shit it really does seem like it
hetfield is the elder buttmaster

literally the only decent post-grunge band is FF and only then TCatS and Wasting Lights are there only releases above a three-star

there are just some genres that will never be good

the ff s/t debut is up there too imo

the only other decent post-grunge band i can think of is silverchair, they have a couple good albums

post-grundge is pre-buttrock really though user

Buttrock existed long before grunge and post-grunge, it's just that all these terrible post-grunge bands like Creed, Nickleback and Puddle of Mudd etc are most people's common idea of what a buttrock band is. They're not wrong, they just might not be aware that buttrock applies to other bands outside of and before post-grunge. Pearl Jam however were certainly the template for a lot of the post-grunge buttrockers.

I'm currently reading Everybody Loves Our Town (a Seattle scene oral history) and some of the Seattle scenesters refer to all those bad LA hair bands like Warrant and Ratt as being buttrock. It's safe to say that buttrock can easily be applied to all the base, lowest common denominator shallow bonehead rockers, before and after grunge changed the rock landscape.

Metallica - s/t and Rob Zombie sounds a lot like that though

this is an awful chart

Needs a Nu-Metal section - which I guess shares some ground with post-grunge - so we can get some Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock on there.

of course, just listen to The Unforgiven III and Nothing Else Matters, it's the template for buttrock

youtube.com/watch?v=BJk6gZuPKRE

I unironically enjoy this song
youtube.com/watch?v=lPg5AS-KVRA

Please leave Ten, Badmotorfinger, Dirt and Led Zeppelin IV out of that bullshit

Pearl Jam's Ten literally spawned every band on the last section of the list

yes, but except these 4 albums everything on the chart is shit, he could've chosen different stuff for grunge then, like Stone Temple Pilots

What IS buttrock?
We just don't know.

The self-titled was very good too. But yeah, those are their three best albums by a long shot.

japs can't make buttrock. they do not possess the butt gene. even if some japanese band came along and tried sonically reproducing nickelback and creed to a tee, it still wouldn't be buttrock

the video is so bad it's hilarious

Hair metal isn't buttrock. It's not great but its fundamentally not that different from less hated forms of rock, the main difference is the shitty production. Hair metal is an inferior derivative of Led Zeppelin (or even the Stooges). Buttrock is an inferior derivative of the already shitty Pearl Jam.

I really don't get how he can enter a stage in front of tens of thousands of people and not even try to make his hair look good.

I unironically enjoy the first two Foo Fighters albums

SCIENCE sucks

experimental =/= good

rym is totally wrong on that album