Why doesn't anyone seem to appreciate Indiana Jones movies...

Why doesn't anyone seem to appreciate Indiana Jones movies? I've asked friends and co workers and VERY few know about em?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzLZJaAm2hw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_007_(role-playing_game)
indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Fate_of_Atlantis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fright_Night_(comics)
youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bk7EKLaus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

18+

Indiana Jones is such a great character raiders of the lost arc is so fucking good.

Shame its legacy was ruined by the 4th movie

never even watched the crystal skull desu, apparently they are making another to continue off that one?

RIGHT IN THE FEELS
>youtube.com/watch?v=GzLZJaAm2hw

not enough quips tbpqh famalam
i go to the cinema to be entertained, i want big explosions, big action and funny hilarious quips! also i dont want any of my fave characters to die because i would be soooo sad XD
i dont want to be bored by stories or drama or whatever. i need my moneys worth or im not going to waste even $1. sorry if the fag college grads on Sup Forums dont agree but i know most people are like me.

Raiders is on numerous greatest films of all time lists. What the fuck are you talking about you delusional fucking moronic pleb?

pls go

They suck balls, mate.

fuckoff

desu I watched all three of them for their first 30-60 minutes because they're cozy.

Toward the end it's just action sequences that don't interest me at all. 2nd one was the worst, why was the chink kid there the whole time holy fuck, he's not even mentioned in the 3rd film.

You know the second one is set before raiders right? So technically he's missing from that film too.

>implying every person you meet stays in your life

The kid actually moved to suburban America. After he and Indy parted ways, he befriended some other kids, and together they found the treasure from an infamous pirate called One Eyed Willie. It was pretty interesting, really.

The films have aged badly particularly Temmple of Doom

I don't see why, they're good representations of the 30s serials Lucas and Spielberg loved. ESPECIALLY the over the top racism found in Temple of Doom.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is easily my favorite film of all time.

I'd give it to Ghostbusters, but Raiders is in the top 5.

Not the setting but the sets.

Rewatch it, it's very very dated in the sets, script and cinematography.
Raiders is an older film but stands up better.

Oh that. Well yeah, but honestly I only noticed that stuff when blu-ray releases made it clear how cheap some of the sets look. When you watch it on vhs it isn't nearly as noticable purely due to film degredation in transfer.

I think that's why shortstack or whatever that chinks name is was in it, to remind the audience Tdmple is like a cheap Chinese/Indian $2 shop knock off version of Raiders

Nah, Lucas just finds something endearing in a character everyone but little kids finds annoying.

Explains a lot about Jar-Jar really.

Indy has all that though

Indiana jones, bttf and ghostbusters are my favourite childhood movies, dunno what you're talking about

By something endearing you mean his penis don't you?

How are the scripts and cinematography dated?

kind of like spielberg and his use of kids

what the f is their deal

Raiders is above the others in everything except one thing, the character interaction.

Jr. and Dad are brilliant together. Crusade showed that not only can you make old Sean Connery funny, you can make him funny and have such a character make sense in the setting. Almost every conservation between the two of them is gold.

In Spielberg's case he wants to make movies that the children of the world will enjoy because he genuinely feels he fucked up as a father himself and wants to make up for it in some way.

still one of my favorite movies ever

>because he genuinely feels he fucked up as a father himself
Yeah, Hook had that writing all over the goddamn walls.

The script of ToD is the formulaic first step of the set of films. RotLA was much fresher. The stand alone moment was when he reached for his gun against the swordsman, ToD needed much more of that its ok to self reference if the setup is good. Sadly the script of ToD had more misses than hits.

As for the lighting overuse of gels and colour saturation. sets particularly the internals were small and cheap and nasty. A lot of painted backgrounds instead of real scenery like a Raiders and last crusade had. Again it's a pity because the RofLA the lighting and cinematography was amazing

Indy's interactions with Marion were just as good desu

I'm so sorry

Yeah its weird. I have friends who have never seen any of them and others who haven't even seen Back to the future. I pity them, I really do.

Yeah, it still stings a bit that they're doing this to it.

I remember reading that Harrison Ford was supposed to have a sword battle with that guy, but he had fever or food poisoning or something and they needed to finish the scene, so he came up with that idea of just shooting him. Couldn't have worked out better.

because it feels so formulaic and generic. still very fun, but ultimately vapid.

kids who grew up on speilberg/lucas films all want to become filmmakers in that style, and they make such shitty movies because of it.

Ok BttF I kinda get because the movies were grounded in the time they were made, and maybe your friend isn't into 80s films.

IJ though is intentionally made to be timeless

Dysentery from food poisoning iirc.

my fav

You mean that Uncharted rip off?

were gonna make this canon

REMINDER THAT THE SECOND AND FOURTH ONES ARE COMPLETE SHIT

4 ruined the legacy now it's a joke series

ignoring the 30 odd year discrepancy in timings sounds like a solid plan

Honestly, after watching the 3 originals, I only like RotLA. Both sequels feel far too comedic.

Proof?

In Latin , Jahova starts with an I.
>J

They're adventure schlock, nothing more

Because you're a fucking millennial.

It's stupid that they made temple of doom in India, and the way the characters end up there is just so random and unconvincing.

Yep my favorite jones too. Raiders after, power gap, then temple of doom. The other sequel doesn't exist.

Maybe if he wore a costume and developed some powers he'd be more interesting.

My nigga...this and Robocop are equally my favorite movies of all time

I love Indy, but I personally love Romancing the Stone/Jewel of the Nile much more.

They should be put down.

I love all the movie (I haven't seen Skulls and won't see it), and even the tv series had some good moments. But if you want more Indy, the Lucas point and click games, the novels, and the comics are good compared to the kind of shit most franchises have.

Imagine watching the first 3 at the theatre. People must have gone nuts!

Best EU:

James Bond: Victory Games' rpg modules

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_007_(role-playing_game)

Indiana Jones: LucasArts pc games

indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Fate_of_Atlantis

Fright Night: Fright Nights comics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fright_Night_(comics)

Reminder:

> Plebs
Raiders

> Contrarions
Temple of Doom

> Patricians
Last Crusade

Underage detected. Everyone and their fucking dog has seen Indiana Jones.

Raiders is recognised as a masterpiece by anyone that knows even a little bit about film.

So..............Which is the best?

Raiders is the best.
> sets the tone for the other movies.
> Great opening
> That soundtrack
> Sallah is bro as fuck.
> Fist fighting Nazis by getting saved by a plane
>Commandeering a truck with a whip
> Cool creepy villan
> Best Girl
>melting faces

Last Crusade was close though

He improvised that because he had the shits and was in a hurry

>Robocop
youtube.com/watch?v=B1Bk7EKLaus

I think they are in order of greatness.

I am one of the fags that likes Temple a lot so last crusade takes a back seat.

unlike star wars, I feel Indy movies aged kinda poorly. Temple of doom is just a flat out terrible movie

I guess you could say the movies.. belong in a museum.

The millenal meme was true
just look at this thread

RotLA was a trip in the theater, as was SW.

>the movies.. belong in a museum.

>boat chase
>motorcycle chase
>airplane chase
>tank chase
>hitler
>Sean Connery
>Sallah and Marcus
cleary LC

Sean Connery

Holy fuck what won't you people make into an acronym? GbtR

I know this is bait but the plebs this post is parodying absolutely love Indiana Jones.

LAST
CRUSADE

everybody knows about the indiana jones trilogy. Theyre essential adventure-core

Duuuuuude...5 star post

My Uncle said he watched like 5 times in the theater when he was in the Navy.

For me Last Crusade edges out Raiders by a hair. I still like Temple of Doom but its just not as good as the other two. (Dat fuckin bridge scene)

Really....there's star wars and then theres Indy, the pilars of western cinema.

Last Crusade for me.
>dat tank fight

EXACTLY this.

>I've asked friends and co workers

Are you working full time or PART TIME