1990s: Seinfeld

1990s: Seinfeld
2000s: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
2010s: Workaholics

Discuss.

Workaholics was only funny for the first 3 seasons.

I think you're the worst might eventually get to iconic status;its still a bit rough around the edges though.

You're such a dumb idiot

Why?

Do you still think workaholics is good?

It got too formulaic for me but the same could be said about the other shows I suppose.

It's always sunny is still incredibly solid now after 1000 seasons. Probably the greatest Comedy series of all time in my opinion.

lmao mac is gay

>trying to create controversy in your own thread
Lmao

But Always Sunny is still going. And it's still golden.

Workaholics reminds me of the time I got a string bean stuck in my penis

It's not my thread, fag

Not that this thread is worth defending

I'm OP, not him.

No fucking way, workaholics is complete trash.

>workaholics
No, Just No. Dont compare that shit to Seinfeld and Sunny

I tried to like Workaholics, just couldn't though. The only time I really laughed was the muscle man competition and then wizard rap.

new girl is really good

unironically good. don't meme me if you've never seen it

I only got into Workaholics recently and am surprised it doesn't get more love on here. I think it's as fun as Always Sunny in a lot of places (though Sunny is still better overall), but apparently it gets a weird amount of hate.

I wouldn't compare Seinfeld to those shows, it's a studio sitcom whereas the others are single-camera, so they're different subgenres. I'd maybe say Seinfeld is to Friends as Always Sunny is to Workaholics, although Always Sunny wasn't as original in theme as Seinfeld was.

I agree with this statement. I don't think enough people on Sup Forums give it a chance because, like Friends, it looks like it's for girls. But as with Friends, the writing and the male cast are surprisingly funny.

Workaholics is the worst of the 3 but it's still a well written and funny show.

It really captures our current society rather well.

It had like one good season and got progressively worse ever since.

Seriously you're the worst or silicon valley are the only funny shows on air

Im going to try and save this thread Satan: Its always sunny is still on and still pretty good. Other great current live action comedy shows are Review and Nathan for you. 30 Rock, the US Office and Eastbound & down were all fantastic too. Hopefully Vice principles on HBO is funny

Definitely, I just started season 4 and I'm enjoying it. I wish they'd ease up on the puns a little bit.

Don't watch the fish fry episode (season 4, episode 2) if you just made chicken curry wraps and want to eat them as you watch. I watched it and ate them but not everyone can be a soldier like me.

Workaholics is literally DUDE WEED LMAO the show

>danny McBride and Jody hill at it again

There is no way this won't be funny.

Letterkenny is the seinfeld of the 2010s.

this post gave me autism

Good, you deserve it.

not really, only like 2 or 3 episodes, and even those are tongue-in-cheek

you're the worst isn't funny or popular.

Workaholics sucked after se 3. Sunny started getting iffy around 8-9 but early seasons are goat.

missed this one OP

2013: Orange is the new black

>when they're fighting in the pool full of fish

nasty stuff.

>workaholics
(You)

Its funny to me and it keeps getting renewed so some one besides myself has to be watching it.

workaholics overdid it with the gross out humor in S4 though

My personal top ten ranking of comedy shows that are still being made (that I watch):

1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
2. Silicon Valley
3. Nathan For You
4. The Venture Bros.
5. Impractical Jokers
6. South Park
7. New Girl
8. Workaholics
9. F is for Family
10. Last Man on Earth

I've probably forgotten something.

>jewish hags getting their giggles out of being even bigger whores than they pretend to be
>retarded Inbetweener can't comprehend his kike thralls 1337 netfl0x ski1llz when she pulls up cuck and the bullrun to watch together
> askin bouwt wa0tchn computahz becuz he reads em rabbid wurds on tissue papah
(UNFUCKABLE MEN READ LOL!)

I knew I was baited before I even started typing this. That is the last time you get a click for your generic degeneracy procedural drama out of me shlomo

90's: Seinfeld
00's: Curb
10's: 30 Rock (it aired until 2013, so it counts.)

Mine,in no order

>Silicon valley
>American dad
>You're the Worst tied with Catastrophe
>Nathan for you
>Rick and memey
>It's always sunny
>Arrested development (technically still going)
>South park
>Bobs burgers
>Todd margeret (hit and miss)
>F is for family (underrated, wish it was longer)

Broad city and workaholics were decent in the first seasons but have become stale ,I prefer blue mountain state for my goto raunchy mindless comedy anyway.

>I've probably forgotten something.
Yeah that nobody cares about your shitty opinions. Where do you think you are?

I don't get what you are so upset about,Seinfeld,Workaholics and Sunny are all pretty degenerate as well.

I didn't forget anything.

Stop being so butt hurt about your shit show ders.

Laughter is degenerate.

>complains about people posting "shitty opinions"
>on Sup Forums

Where do you think YOU are?

Feelings are for degenerates

Workaholics used to be great, but now it's a meme show I mean they had fucking Dane Cook in a recent episode. I think Adam becoming an actual Hollywood star is what caused it, it's about bringing in his celebrity friends for a cameo now

With you on the first three but there's a sharp decline after that for me.
Here's my take on best on/off
1. Seinfeld (gotta pay homage to forebearer)
2.Wonder Showzen (can't believe this is never talked about here, Sup Forums would love this but was only around for 2 seasons mid 00's)
3/4. IASIP (diminishing returns starting S5
3/4. Curb Your Enthusiasm (more consistent throughout but fewer peaks)
then a sizeable gap
5. Nathan for You (great but not on the same lvl)
6. Workaholics (S1-3 were nice "knockoff sunny for a slightly younger demo and wasn't worth it after)

>nobody cares
Thanks for speaking on behalf of the entire board. Next time, find a conversation you want to contribute to instead of shitting on one that triggers your teenage angst.

life is a form of degeneracy

are you gonna spank me?

You don't deserve to be touched

>Stop being so butt hurt about your shit show ders.
>Next time, find a conversation you want to contribute to instead of shitting on one that triggers your teenage angst.
I ain't even mad
>Inb4 damage control
I wish I could leave this Mongolian Basket Weaving forum Sup Forums

Block Sup Forums you Dingus.

>I ain't even mad
Then which emotion prompted you to respond?

workaholics isn't even the best show on CC(it's Nathan For You) why are you putting it in the same league as sunny and Seinfeld?

OP didn't necessarily put it in the same league. It may have been a commentary on the decline of comedy over those decades.

Regardless of quality, I think you can compare Workaholics to Always Sunny (but not Seinfeld, too different).

Both were created and are written by the main cast.
Both 21st century single-camera sitcoms.
Both are (or at least started as) relatively unknown "indie" shows.
Both play with gross out and "edgy" humour.
Both feature a gang of main characters who are terrible people who work together, use drink and drugs and get into surreal adventures.

I personally think both are hilarious, but that's my opinion.

Just watched workaholics pilot

>dude weed
>it was just a prank bro
>fuck le evil authority
>yolo

yeah, no.

you have to be stoned to get it

lol

I've been a compulsive smoker for about 10 years. I still smoke even though weed and hash don't have an effect on me anymore. Stoned is my normal state.

This show sucks, what you meant is
>you have to be really bored and just want to turn your brain off to get it. Oh wait, there was nothing to get.

>It had like one good season and got progressively worse ever since.
I can see what you mean, since the characters slowly become caricatures of themselves and the plot/drama was best in Season 1, but I still enjoy all the others.

I've never had anybody to talk to this about, but I think someone that started working on the show in the last season has an incest fetish. Specifically between cousins. At first I thought it was just a coincidence but there's legitimately like five or six separate jokes about cousin incest throughout the fifth season. One episode the plot is literally Nick's cousin turns up and asks him to impregnate his wife. At first they try donating semen but it ends up with him actually preparing to fuck her. And there's lots of jokes about how they're cousins (but not really cousins, because its his cousin's wife)

Honestly, I've never noticed something like this before but I really do think it's more than a coincidence.

how much do you earn per post?

Did you mean to quote me? In one sentence I said I can see how someone dislikes it but I personally like it and then I spent the rest of my post talking about incest.

do you do it for free?

Fraiser
Sunny
Shoot myself in the head

workaholics is dude weed lmao garbage.
kys

I just wanted to know if anybody else noticed the incest thing, dude. go back to Sup Forums

That's really weird,the writers cousin must be his oneitis.

There are worse shows to pass the time like undateble,two broke girls,bbt but this show has the potential to be good yet they keep focusing on romance and forced drama

The actors/characters are good but the plots are not,such a shame.

that doesn't answer my question.

Do you get paid to shill for this shitty show or do you do it for free?

Because, I hate to break it to you, but, if you do it for free that means you're crazy.

Just fucking reddit and leave

Stop being so angry fella

workaholics is a show for HS and college kids about dude weed and being randumb, it will be forgotten as it should be

Yeah the drama isn't my favourite. Especially since they don't fully commit to it either. Like Schmidt cheating and then that never really being addressed and solved when they get back together. Maybe they regretted how that story blocked them in though and just ignored it.

why can't i talk about a television show on Sup Forums please stop the bullying

Worst show ever. Kys

>1990s: Seinfeld
funny
>2000s: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
meh
>2010s: Workaholics
LMAO WEED DUDE

don't tell me what to do.

I have all rights to be angry when you come shit up MY board with your retarded recommendations that no one asked for.

Did I tell you that I was looking for some random retarded and forgettable comedy?

no, so don't shove your shit in my face.

Do you see me posting ads for mcdonalds here?

So please, refrain from doing the fucking same to the best of your very limited ability.

make a reddit ad for it and stop busting my balls.

>Maybe they regretted how that story blocked them in though and just ignored it.

This actually happens suprisingly often in TV and its super annoying,I get that writers are under a tremendous amount of pressure to bring in ratings so they need the drama but if you can't commit to a storyline,why bother?
All it does is annoy fans and confuse new ones.

You could always make a new thread or read over our comments silly billy

ah...
just go fuck yourself.

I love a show whose writing is 100% meme based

I shall leave this thread, now.
Cry, for the sun is setting not to rise again.
What will become of you, tis best ye not know.

>my board
>he's serious

so when will you be shooting your middle school up?

it obviously got worse around s5, s6